Anyone have good resources or things you've read on the subject of climate change.

I've seen the graphs for temperature and CO2, I want to learn more about what scientists are scared of happening.

Personally, my support behind climate change is what I consider common sense, I don't know the science, I go to a major city every week and there's an 8 lane highway bumper to bumper, 1 million cars(literally) driving in 6 Square miles, to me just off common sense that doesn't look good, even if the temperature change isn't a problem the air and water quality with pollutants seems obvious to me.

The UN has probably the most in-depth analyses and reports on the subject. I'd google "UN climate change report" or something like that.

I agree on the common sense - part. Even if climate change was a conspiracy hoax, we'd still be fucked sooner or later if we continue like this. Our enviroment is so fucking polluted that we cannot continue like this. It's probably impossible to even truly calculate / measure all damage we're doing. Like for example, (I'm not 100% if this is correct, but I think I once read about it in the news) that literally ALL RAIN WATER ON EARTH consists amounts of manmade toxic chemicals, like PFAS (it's the stuff they make teflon pans with). It causes cancer etc. in humans. And literally last week I read that it's getting dangerously high in some fresh water fish too (at least in Finland), and many of them are no longer safe for us to eat. 😳

Microplastics also freak me out. We're actually finding it in our blood and even in fetuses, if I remember correctly. That can't be good.

We can't continue like this. Our way of life just isn't sustainable.

There must be an effortless way.

In terms of solutions, we have a time tested method of clean energy that people are against for some strange reason, Nuclear Energy. 

We have more efficient forms of nuclear power plants that we can create, just look them up they look super cool. 

Also there's been a lot of work on creating hydrogen powered cars. 

Imo I think electric cars are gonna end up being a niche fad but hydrogen cars will become standard.

♾️

I'm 35, still live in the same are I grew up in and have seen unreal changes in the climate here in my lifetime. When I was a kid there were no ticks or lyme disease here, now it's a major concern. Winters were different. The oceans were colder.  Car culture in the US is insane, the car (or increasingly truck or SUV these days) represents both the avatar and the independence of the self. Yes, they are awesome but have we been responsible with them? No. 🙂 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

The UN has probably the most in-depth analyses and reports on the subject. I'd google "UN climate change report" or something like that.

I agree on the common sense - part. Even if climate change was a conspiracy hoax, we'd still be fucked sooner or later if we continue like this. Our enviroment is so fucking polluted that we cannot continue like this. It's probably impossible to even truly calculate / measure all damage we're doing. Like for example, (I'm not 100% if this is correct, but I think I once read about it in the news) that literally ALL RAIN WATER ON EARTH consists amounts of manmade toxic chemicals, like PFAS (it's the stuff they make teflon pans with). It causes cancer etc. in humans. And literally last week I read that it's getting dangerously high in some fresh water fish too (at least in Finland), and many of them are no longer safe for us to eat. 😳

Microplastics also freak me out. We're actually finding it in our blood and even in fetuses, if I remember correctly. That can't be good.

We can't continue like this. Our way of life just isn't sustainable.

Yeah, Himalayan salt is popular because it's sea salt from a sea pre plastic, so it doesn't have microplastics like normal sea salt, table salt is manufactured with chemicals.

Yeah, polluting our fish and then eating it is a crime to me.

What's really alarming to me is the deforestation in some places, the u.s. used to be solid forest from Atlantic coast to the Mississippi, now half of it is corn and soybean fields covered in roundup herbicide. And the standard farming practice is stripping all the nutrients from the soil, a fraction of the nutrition in topsoil and produce than it was a century ago.

Edited by Devin

9 minutes ago, Devin said:

Yeah, Himalayan salt is popular because it's sea salt from a sea pre plastic, so it doesn't have microplastics like normal sea salt, table salt is manufactured with chemicals.

Damn, haven't heard of this. Though there's some trouble with rock salt too, because it can hold really high amounts of heavy metals. 😬

12 minutes ago, Devin said:

What's really alarming to me is the deforestation in some places, the u.s. used to be solid forest from Atlantic coast to the Mississippi, now half of it is corn and soybean fields covered in roundup herbicide.

Oh yeah, I was about to mention that. We use WAY too much land. Part of it is because we eat so much meat. Feeding a pig or a cow vs. feeding a human 'directly'. Just doesn't make much sense to have that 'middle step' of a cow, a pig or a chicken to get protein etc.

10 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Oh yeah, I was about to mention that. We use WAY too much land. Part of it is because we eat so much meat. Feeding a pig or a cow vs. feeding a human 'directly'. Just doesn't make much sense to have that 'middle step' of a cow, a pig or a chicken to get protein etc.

Modern farming seems more and more idiotic the more I learn.

They run tractors to spread manure, then cultivate the field, then plant, then spray, then combine.

Cultivating leads to nutrient washout from rain.

They do all this to feed a cow in a feed lot, why the hell don't they just let the cows graze, no tractors, no runoff, no herbicide, auto manure spreading. I think John deere was the cigarettes of agriculture or something, selling water by the river.

And it'd be prettier, Switzerland has cows all over and it's beautiful, barely any soy and corn fields.

Edited by Devin

@Blessed2 animal meat is one of the most efficient sources of protein. 

Most plant protein sources do not have high bioavailability or the full spectrum of the amino acids that make up what we call protein. 

The best plant protein sources are tofu and pea protein.

Check this out:

Edited by Orb

♾️

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Blessed2 animal meat is one of the most efficient sources of protein. 

Most plant protein sources do not have high bioavailability or the full spectrum of the amino acids that make up what we call protein. 

Check this our:

2 cups of peas and 2 cups of almonds is enough for an adult male.  

But I think he was talking about industrial agriculture anyway, not meat in general.

@Devin the bioavailability of protein in almonds is ranked at 47, which means you'd only absorb about half of the protein in the almonds you eat, not to mention that youd be getting a small amount of amino acids vs the full spectrum of them. 

Peas are a pretty good source of protein though

♾️

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

Modern farming seems more and more idiotic the more I learn.

They run tractors to spread manure, then cultivate the field, then plant, then spray, then combine.

Cultivating leads to nutrient washout from rain.

They do all this to feed a cow in a feed lot, why the hell don't they just let the cows graze, no tractors, no runoff, no herbicide, auto manure spreading. I think John deere was the cigarettes of agriculture or something, selling water by the river.

And it'd be prettier, Switzerland has cows all over and it's beautiful, barely any soy and corn fields.

It's probably because soy and corn make the cattle grow bigger and faster. 🤔 It's so energy dense. And not just cows, but other animals too. You couldn't grow that much meat with just grass.

Also they probably sell soy and corn abroad.

12 minutes ago, Orb said:

Soy holds all essential amino acids!

The problem IMO is that we can't keep doing this. Sure, maybe meat is the best protein source. But it's not sustainable. We are running out of land and resources. There is more and more humans every day. We can't keep eating like this. It's just not economical.

Why would God make nutrition so unsustainable? Why would God make killing animals a requirement for us to live?

1 minute ago, Blessed2 said:

Why would God make nutrition so unsustainable? Why would God make killing animals a requirement for us to live?

Have you seen a nature documentary? 

There is no separate God. 

There are more sustainable ways to raise cattle, chickens, etc. 

I don't agree with the current way either. But just because the method of processing meat is inefficient doesn't mean getting rid of meat is the solution, we can look into more efficient ways of processing it.

♾️

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Human meat is the most bioavail source of protein, obviously God meant for us to be cannibals. 

Except I'm talking about cows, chickens, fish, etc. Not humans. 

Don't be this bad faith dude. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

But if the question is what is best, it's human.  2 birds with 1 stone too, population control and optimal nutrition.  

Actually employ common sense my brother in christ, do you think people are okay with us eating each other? Hell no lol. 

And yes I'd rather kill an animal and eat it than a human because I prefer humans 😈

Ah yes I'm the low consciousness meat eater, I just haven't ascended to you guys level of enlightenment where I can levitate so I dont step on insects God forbid! 😟

♾️