1 minute ago, Orb said:

I'm saying the difference between you sitting down and seeing for yourself the harm your actions are causing vs. people trying to logically convince you of your own behaviors. 

The moment someone tries to logically convince the other person the other person's like no fuck you! And then the other sides like oh my god why can't you get it!? 

Pretty much human civillization.

Yeah I'm not talking about convincing anyone of anything.

I think i see what you're talking about though, like climate activists right?

Edited by Devin

@Devin as for us meat eaters, I think it'd be nice to find ways to kill the animals as fast as possible, like pushing a button and the cow just falls down. 

I think this was actually a point in Islam, halal meat, I think they would try to kill the lamb as swiftly as possible to prevent a painful death.

Edited by Orb

♾️

Just now, Devin said:

Yeah I'm not talking about convincing anyone of anything.

I think i see what you're talking about though, like climate activists right?

Yea, pretty much turn on fox or CNN and you'll see it everywhere, it's like thoughts are fighting each other lol. 

When the solution is mindfulness, taking a second to just be present here now. 

♾️

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

Yea, pretty much turn on fox or CNN and you'll see it everywhere, it's like thoughts are fighting each other lol. 

When the solution is mindfulness, taking a second to just be present here now. 

Well, it may appear like 2 sides debating, but that's not all that's going on, just like political yard signs for example, it piques people's interest that are in the grey zone.

Like yard signs, they're not to convince the other side anything, they're to get your side off the couch to vote, and maybe get the grey area people considering your side.

Edited by Devin

13 minutes ago, Devin said:

Do any of you still drink milk? I got onto almond milk a few years ago, don't even remember why, but holy crap was dairy milk bad for me, I noticed all kinds of good changes, I still eat some cheese, sour creme, and occasional real yogurt, but I rarely drink milk anymore.

No milk for many years. Was vegan for a short period, and when i started to eat some dairy again i realized i didn't like milk anymore. I prefer oat in coffee and almond in smoothies. Much better. 

I eat some cheese sometimes though

I remember reading or seeing that we would need 4.5 earths for our use of resources to be sustainable. 

The speed with which the ice is melting right now is something that will change the planet completely. I believe we will see some completely outrageous events (even more than already) in the next 10-15 years since its all so exponential. Floods/droughts also in the western world so we will actually notice. Its already a reality in many places.

I actually could easily give up meat, except fish, I like fish eggs and dairy besides milk. I've been caring less and less for beef for years, now chicken, and I never liked pork.

I just kind of realized this, pretty surprising to me. I love beans and peas more than meat besides fish.

Edited by Devin

I think there's plenty of hope. I think there'll be bad times, but I see A LOT of people that give me hope, always more than I thought, and thinking more deeply than I thought. And the people on the fence are less on the fence than they appear.

Edited by Devin

On 11/9/2023 at 2:18 AM, WhiteOwl said:

No milk for many years. Was vegan for a short period, and when i started to eat some dairy again i realized i didn't like milk anymore. I prefer oat in coffee and almond in smoothies. Much better. 

I eat some cheese sometimes though

Coconut milk in a coffee is the best. Tastes delicious, much better than regular milk. I recommend trying

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michigan-researchers-find-every-river-fish-they-test-contains-forever-chemicals_n_63fa39b7e4b0c253d3453d2a

'Forever chemicals' are contaminating Kentucky fish - Louisville Public Media https://www.lpm.org/news/2022-09-09/forever-chemicals-are-contaminating-kentucky-fish

Every fish tested has levels billions, with a b, above the allowable drinking water limit

A new study released by the University of La Plata in Argentina found that up to 85 percent of tampons and other cotton sanitary products contain glyphosate. Glyphosate is a herbicide used by Monsanto in their Roundup weedkiller and, according to Scientific American, is the most widely produced herbicide in the world.Nov 5, 2015

https://thewellesleynews.com › arge...

Argentinian study finds possible carcinogens in tampons