3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Overeating is the issue. A double cheeseburger is over the daily amount of beef.

Problem is, not gonna change that easily, but by not supporting the industrial agriculture industry this is a more direct way to inact change. Make change with your pocket book.

The fundamental solution imo is mindfulness and meditation on a global scale. 

I know it sounds corny, but trying to enact change with more one upping or proving something is right or wrong or making more conditions and laws etc.  Only continues this huge mess. 

It's like the only solution we know is to spread ideas around and indoctrinate people with them. 

What if people just meditated, and felt into their bodies when they ate and naturally just started eating less or eating a different diet that resonated? 

Now I'm dreaming.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Just now, Orb said:

I know it sounds corny, but trying to enact change with more one upping or proving something is right or wrong or making more conditions and laws etc.  Only continues this huge mess. 

How would that contribute to this mess? Do you think all laws and regulations just cause more problems?

Just now, Devin said:

How would that contribute to this mess? Do you think all laws and regulations just cause more problems?

Hm, not necessarily. 

I'm just saying that doing something because of an idea rather than sensory guidance creates resistance. 

Like if you wanna convince someone to eat less food and you try to give them some logical reason why it's like you're trying to jam an idea inside them. So they're like hell no! 

But if you share meditation/mindfulness with them then they eventually become more sensitive to how their body feels when they eat certain foods. 

Mindfulness vs. ideological crusades.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Devin I know this sounds super idealistic bur just imagine what the world would be like if every single human meditated for 30 minutes to an hour first thing in the morning and at night? 

Just now, Phil said:

@Orb

Imagine what the world would be like noticing self referential thoughts and the duality therein, and acknowledging the guidance… vs co-creating a mass duality of ourselves such as democrats & republicans. 

Would be nice! We'd be like kids in a playground. 

@Phil thats why in my personal experience working and interacting with people, i just keep my mouth shut and mind my business lol. 

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

Would be nice! We'd be like kids in a playground. 

That’s This! 😂 It’s what’s already the case, we already are! All the rest is just clouds. 

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil thats why in my personal experience working and interacting with people, i just keep my mouth shut and mind my business lol. 

😂 😂 😂  Yeah, it really sucks hearing That’s This! 😂 It’s what’s already the case, we already are!

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

😂  😂 😂  Yeah, it really sucks hearing That’s This! 😂 It’s what’s already the case, we already are!

Yea no thanks lol ill stay quiet. 🤐

Tried that with my mom and she was like Noooo evil does exist!!!! *hissing sounds

36 minutes ago, Orb said:

Hm, not necessarily. 

I'm just saying that doing something because of an idea rather than sensory guidance creates resistance. 

Like if you wanna convince someone to eat less food and you try to give them some logical reason why it's like you're trying to jam an idea inside them. So they're like hell no! 

But if you share meditation/mindfulness with them then they eventually become more sensitive to how their body feels when they eat certain foods. 

Mindfulness vs. ideological crusades.

But what law are you referring to that would contribute to this?

Do you know our agriculture is subsidized by tax dollars? And not just production but farming insurance.

The American Action Forum

www.americanactionforum.org

PRIMER: Agriculture Subsidies and Their Influence on the Composition ...

Nov 3, 2021 — This is followed by subsidies for wheat at $48.4 billion and for soybeans at $44.9 billion over that same period.[6] (Subsidies for certain .

So how would diverting that money toward sustainable agriculture contribute to our problem?

Or the government buying up farmland and making it public forests?

None of this has any brainwashing propaganda involved. I'd like to know what you're referring to.

Edited by Devin

25 minutes ago, Devin said:

But what law are you referring to that would contribute to this?

Do you know our agriculture is subsidized by tax dollars? And not just production but farming insurance.

The American Action Forum

www.americanactionforum.org

PRIMER: Agriculture Subsidies and Their Influence on the Composition ...

Nov 3, 2021 — This is followed by subsidies for wheat at $48.4 billion and for soybeans at $44.9 billion over that same period.[6] (Subsidies for certain .

So how would diverting that money toward sustainable agriculture contribute to our problem?

Or the government buying up farmland and making it public forests?

None of this has any brainwashing propaganda involved. I'd like to know what you're referring to.

The politicizing of it, the us vs them stuff. 

Imagine making those proposals you brought up on the news, you think everyone would just agree with it? I don't think so.

Just now, Devin said:

Do any of you still drink milk? I got onto almond milk a few years ago, don't even remember why, but holy crap was dairy milk bad for me, I noticed all kinds of good changes, I still eat some cheese, sour creme, and occasional real yogurt, but I rarely drink milk anymore.

Nah I don't drink milk, I use whey protein, cheese, and butter but never drink milk. 

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

No one agrees on anything, I don't understand your point, what us vs them?

I'm saying the difference between you sitting down and seeing for yourself the harm your actions are causing vs. people trying to logically convince you of your own behaviors. 

The moment someone tries to logically convince the other person the other person's like no fuck you! And then the other sides like oh my god why can't you get it!? 

Pretty much human civillization.

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

@Orb like meat eaters vs Vegans?

I'm not going vegan, I don't think anyone is saying make meat illegal.

Oh no that's not a problem, both diets are possible for different people, doesn't resonate much for me but I've seen people who seem to be doing just fine on it.