Climate change is definitely ‘happening’, and is primarily ‘caused’ by humans. Industrial Revolution, burning fossil fuels, cars, airplanes, deforestation, eating meat, etc. None of that is actually necessary and is fundamentally greed & vanity motive driven. The outer isn’t reflecting but is a ‘reflection’ of the discord & alignment of the inner, entirely ‘seen’ through the lens. The inner world conflict is a perfect match with the outer world imbalance. One & the same. Nonexistent separate selves seeking wholeness in a nonexistent objective reality made of matter in accordance with the seeking. 

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Climate change is definitely ‘happening’, and is primarily ‘caused’ by humans. Industrial Revolution, burning fossil fuels, cars, airplanes, deforestation, eating meat, etc. None of that is actually necessary and is fundamentally greed & vanity motive driven. The outer isn’t reflecting but is a ‘reflection’ of the discord & alignment of the inner, entirely ‘seen’ through the lens. The inner world conflict is a perfect match with the outer world imbalance. One & the same. Nonexistent separate selves seeking wholeness in a nonexistent objective reality made of matter in accordance with the seeking. 

I don't agree that eating meat is damaging the environment, rather the way meat is processed can be improved. 

There's more natural ways to raise cattle/chickens/etc.

♾️

@Orb I live near an organic farm that raises pigs, beef, chicken, dairy products. The people are great. They have beautiful farmland. I toured it, and it's still a really disgusting environment. The chickens have a miserable crowded life and compared with factory raised ones it's incredibly good. The chicken tastes SO different from regular factory farmed chicken, you can tell it's of so much better quality, the fat is different, the flavor is different, and it's also about 4 or more times the cost. In terms of ease of cooking, availability, cost, and the energy levels and the way I feel, avoiding it is hands down the best all around. If we really want to improve the way animals are raised it's going to make your grocery bill skyrocket, and no one seems to want to pay that price, so the animals and the planet do. And we do too when there are new bird flus, swine flus, covid, etc, all transmitted from crowded conditions raising animals for food.

Youtube Channel  

47 minutes ago, Orb said:

Something wrong with that guy's math, fertilizer alone accounts for 2% of our c02 emissions. Let alone deforesting half the country. I think he's saying that's the change we'd see in a year, but it would continue to snowball into a larger number.

"In the early 20th century, the Haber-Bosch process–which would transform modern agriculture–used very high temperatures and pressure to extract nitrogen from the air, combine it with hydrogen, and produce ammonia, which is now the basis of the chemical fertilizer industry. That effectively rendered nature’s own fertilization process (sun, healthy micro-biotic soils, crop rotation) obsolete. Today, ammonia production consumes 1-2 per cent of the world’s total energy supply accounts for about 1.5 per cent of total global carbon dioxide emissions."

London School of Economics and Political Science

https://www.lse.ac.uk › explainers

What is the scale of deforestation and its role in climate change?

Feb 10, 2023 — Land use change, principally deforestation, contributes 12–20% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Forest degradation (changes that

National Geographic Society

https://www.nationalgeographic.org › ...

Amazon Deforestation and Climate Change

The Amazon rain forest absorbs one-fourth of the CO2 absorbed by all the land on Earth. The amount absorbed today, however, is 30% less than it was in the 1990s ..

Edited by Devin

1 hour ago, Orb said:

I don't agree that eating meat is damaging the environment, rather the way meat is processed can be improved. 

There's more natural ways to raise cattle/chickens/etc.

We’re not necessarily disagreeing as I’m not saying ‘eating meat damages the environment’. In terms of a list of causes of greenhouse effect meat is negligible in comparison to industry, cars & planes. The point was that the entire list serves only humans, is created only by humans, and is entirely unnecessary. 

@Devin I wasn't really talking about deforestation, just animal agriculture. 

Animal agriculture in the USA is primarily done on grasslands (cows eat grass), which mean they dont really have an impact that contributes to deforestation. 

I'm not a fan of deforestation especially in the Amazon. I'm in full support of the Amazon staying the way it is and planting more trees. 

♾️

21 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Orb I live near an organic farm that raises pigs, beef, chicken, dairy products. The people are great. They have beautiful farmland. I toured it, and it's still a really disgusting environment. The chickens have a miserable crowded life and compared with factory raised ones it's incredibly good. The chicken tastes SO different from regular factory farmed chicken, you can tell it's of so much better quality, the fat is different, the flavor is different, and it's also about 4 or more times the cost. In terms of ease of cooking, availability, cost, and the energy levels and the way I feel, avoiding it is hands down the best all around. If we really want to improve the way animals are raised it's going to make your grocery bill skyrocket, and no one seems to want to pay that price, so the animals and the planet do. And we do too when there are new bird flus, swine flus, covid, etc, all transmitted from crowded conditions raising animals for food.

Then we find a way to improve animal agriculture and make it not so expensive. Idk. Different diets work best for different people. In my experience eating meat is very much helpful for cognition and building muscle. Perhaps a deeper root issue is simply overeating, the USA is known for an obesity problem, perhaps more mindfulness in regard to overeating is better. 

Personally, I love the full spectrum of foods, fruits, veggies, meat and fish. 

♾️

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Devin I wasn't really talking about deforestation, just animal agriculture. 

Animal agriculture in the USA is primarily done on grasslands (cows eat grass), which mean they dont really have an impact that contributes to deforestation. 

I'm not a fan of deforestation especially in the Amazon. I'm in full support of the Amazon staying the way it is and planting more trees. 

96% of beef comes from deforested land, they grow corn and soybeans where forests were and raise steers in pens, not free range.

SDSU Extension

https://extension.sdstate.edu › grass-...

Grass-Fed Beef: Market Share of Grass-Fed Beef - SDSU Extension

Jun 28, 2021 — About 4% of U.S. beef retail and food service sales is comprised by grass-fed beef 

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

We’re not necessarily disagreeing as I’m not saying ‘eating meat damages the environment’. In terms of a list of causes of greenhouse effect meat is negligible in comparison to industry, cars & planes. The point was that the entire list serves only humans, is created only by humans, and is entirely unnecessary. 

Okay gotcha, I think this is naturally clearing itself out. I'm seeing more politicians talking about nuclear energy which is way cleaner than oil. I've even chatted with a friend of mine who's a Trumper (they're known not to care about climate change) who's definitely in favor of nuclear energy. 

I think in terms of co creation, we can all clean the environment by appealing to efficiency. No person regardless of political alignment will deny efficiency.

We find more efficient forms of energy that are cleaner and cheaper for consumers like nuclear energy (fission to be exact). 

♾️

7 minutes ago, Orb said:

Then we find a way to improve animal agriculture and make it not so expensive. Idk. Different diets work best for different people. In my experience eating meat is very much helpful for cognition and building muscle. Perhaps a deeper root issue is simply overeating, the USA is known for an obesity problem, perhaps more mindfulness in regard to overeating is better. 

Personally, I love the full spectrum of foods, fruits, veggies, meat and fish. 

Overeating is the issue. A double cheeseburger is over the daily amount of beef.

Problem is, not gonna change that easily, but by not supporting the industrial agriculture industry this is a more direct way to inact change. Make change with your pocket book.

Edited by Devin

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

96% of beef comes from deforested land, they grow corn and soybeans where forests were and raise steers in pens, not free range.

SDSU Extension

https://extension.sdstate.edu › grass-...

Grass-Fed Beef: Market Share of Grass-Fed Beef - SDSU Extension

Jun 28, 2021 — About 4% of U.S. beef retail and food service sales is comprised by grass-fed beef 

I'm talking about the usa, not global.

♾️