3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

It's a new world m'boy change with the times or be left behind, sorry, change is what happens. 

It's the same world, if what you preach were true I'd be okay with it, people wouldn't suffer the consequences of being misled, but I've seen far too many people suffer from it.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

What does having a shitty sense of humor have to do with femininity?

Feminine sees everything with beauty and laughter.

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

It's the same world, if what you preach were true I'd be okay with it, people wouldn't suffer the consequences of being misled, but I've seen far too many people suffer from it.

"Women want providers" is a staple of the current patriarchy.  Patriarchy and matriarchy and everything in between comes and goes in society.  There is nothing eternal about any such paradigms, and these paradigms never serve everybody's best interest.  There is no one-size-fits-all definition of "what women want".  It just makes your world simpler to think so, apparently.

Edited by Jonas Long

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

When has the matriarchy came?

Huh? 

There have been matriarchal societies.  A lot of pagan societies were for example.  The current paradigm is patriarchal, but it won't always be, and hasn't always been.  No paradigm serves every individual, and the norms of them are not immutable laws of the universe.  Women aren't all the same, they don't all want any one thing. 

Edited by Jonas Long

10 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

"Women want providers" is a staple of the current patriarchy.  Patriarchy and matriarchy and everything in between comes and goes in society.  There is nothing eternal about any such paradigms, and these paradigms never serve everybody's best interest.  There is no one-size-fits-all definition of "what women want".  It just makes your world simpler to think so, apparently.

Would you say that both matriarchy and patriarchy are falling away as we continue evolving as a society? 

I think the "ideal" is that we empower each other, men and women. 

Also, I think men naturally desire power due to having higher levels of testosterone which are associated with increased competitiveness. I think this is why more men are in positions of power vs women. 

I think the fundamental issue here on a societal level is the idea of leadership, this is the core of patriarchy or matriarchy. 

The solution seems to be better education, and helping all people become as competent as possible in whatever life path they choose. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

Yes, actually.  

Beautiful 😊. Agreed. 

The solution is vastly improving our education. It's insane that children aren't educated on common sense shit like managing your personal finances or relationship stuff, and many other topics that are so much needed. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Huh? 

There have been matriarchal societies.  A lot of pagan societies were for example.  The current paradigm is patriarchal, but it won't always be, and hasn't always been. 

More neo-feminism, name one, a queen doesn't mean matriarchy, you think everytime the crown changes so do social roles? Matrilineal doesn't mean patriarchy, some cultures the men are rarely in camp so women deal with everything local which is very simple stuff in those cultures, this doesn't mean the men are submissive. All female bands don't mean matriarchy, there has to be a dominated gender for there to be a dominant one.

Just now, Orb said:

The solution is vastly improving our education. It's insane that children aren't educated on common sense shit like managing your personal finances or relationship stuff, and many other topics that are so much needed. 

Do parents not teach kids anything? What do they talk about at dinner?

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

More neo-feminism, name one, a queen doesn't mean matriarchy, you think everytime the crown changes so do social roles? Matrilineal doesn't mean patriarchy, some cultures the men are rarely in camp so women deal with everything local which is very simple stuff in those cultures, this doesn't mean the men are submissive. All female bands don't mean matriarchy, there has to be a dominated gender for there to be a dominant one.

Go back further, there were matriarchal societies.  Gender dynamics and expectations were totally different.  There is nothing fixed about all women wanting providers.  Let that belief go, you'll be happier.

Just now, Jonas Long said:

Go back further, there were matriarchal societies.  Gender dynamics and expectations were totally different.  There is nothing fixed about all women wanting providers.  Let that belief go, you'll be happier.

Still can't name one?

Just now, Jonas Long said:

This also may come as a shock to you, but some parents are incompetent. 

I doubt that, we're a highly evolved matriarchal society.

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

Do parents not teach kids anything? What do they talk about at dinner?

They can, but the whole point of the education system is ensuring that certain topics are taught to the new generations no matter what. 

Not every parent will teach their kids these important things, you'd be leaving their education up to chance.