11 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Like I said, I'm not the one here bitching about women not liking me enough.  And I am like that. 

Some women don't like masculine men, but most of those resent men no matter how feminine you are, unless you're gay.

Edited by Devin

Assuming money isn’t involved, it’s like two cycles meeting. His discordant idea of himself resonates with her discordant idea of herself as both seek relief together from their discordant ideas of themselves… only to find they actually don’t like each other… for the same underlying reason. 

When the chasing has played itself out, seen to be the activity of thought… this was already always the Disney Love. We’re in the Magic Kingdom already.  

image.thumb.jpeg.f44fc10ecc933ada004d1f37bc404e79.jpeg  

Resentment is an activation of the underlying. Has nothing to do with experiential reality (other people) per se. It’s playing out now traces back to interpretation, learned, before. The aspect that sticks is the internalization / idea of me.  

11 minutes ago, Devin said:

you'll always be left disappointed no matter how much positivity and optimism you try to sugar coat it with

This is aversion. Thought-stories and narratives about disappointment rather than the actuality of acknowledging the emotion disappointment.

There must be an effortless way.

7 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

This is aversion. Thought-stories and narratives about disappointment rather than the actuality of acknowledging the emotion disappointment.

Isn't all of life and love "thought stories and narratives"?,

Isn't this aversion

7 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

You have an aversion from thought stories and narratives rather than the actuality of acknowledging the emotions.

Edited by Devin

21 minutes ago, Devin said:

Isn't all of life and love "thought stories and narratives"?,

Narrative is the seeming context, love is the actual substance (and not even). 

Isn't this aversion from sadness and grief

Sadness & grief are technically the aversion. 

Feels as it does because (source, God, infinite being) you aren’t ’seeing’ it the same way / not indicative of Reality. 

Other side of the coin; it’s how (some) thoughts (and interpretations) feel. 

You have an aversion from thought stories and narratives rather than the actuality of acknowledging the emotions.

‘You’ (as in idea of a self) are the fundamental aversion. 

Thoughts stories are the aversion playing out. 

Aversion is always (mentally) away from emotion & feeling. 

15 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

There's no love in the world, you'll forever be separate and lacking everything you've ever wanted. Just accept it, just push through it. You need to grow some balls.

There is 'love in the world', but it's not from people, 'youre forever connected and NEVER lacking' thinking a relationship will bring love is YOU thinking you're lacking. You can have healthy great relationships but "Disney Love" is b.s., good news though, you don't need it.

Edited by Devin

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

‘You’ (as in idea of a self) are the fundamental aversion. 

Thoughts stories are the aversion playing out. 

Aversion is always (mentally) away from emotion & feeling. 

'aversion' is even more the fundamental aversion.

Aversion from aversion anyone? 

Aversion isn't bad, pain isn't bad, grief sadness disappoint, none of it is bad!!