6 minutes ago, Devin said:

Why would someone that satisfies all their own needs(independent) seek a relationship? That's the kind of neo-feminist cognitive dissonance I was referring to earlier.

For loooove!? 

image.thumb.png.a7d4043059f27f8120a83e7079f0a725.png

🤣🤣

You reeeaaaally have a Disney fixation, don't you?  Seems like Disney hurt you bad, so sorry.

For love, yes, and for a healthy relationship that isn't codependent.  That is what a healthy relationship entails, two independent individuals who choose to be together.  Choose.  Not need.  Neediness is not attractive. 

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

You reeeaaaally have a Disney fixation, don't you?  Seems like Disney hurt you bad, so sorry.

For love, yes, and for a healthy relationship that isn't codependent.  That is what a healthy relationship entails, two independent individuals who choose to be together.  Choose.  Not need.  Neediness is not attractive. 

Cognitive Dissonance, you're using co-depency wrong too, you mean dependence.

"The following are some examples that illustrate the difference: Dependent: Two people rely on each other for support and love. Both find value in the relationship. Codependent: The codependent person feels worthless unless they are needed by — and making drastic sacrifices for — the enabler.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com › ...

Codependent relationships: Symptoms, warning signs, and ..."

I love Disney even still as an adult, it's just a common idiom I think, you know what I mean like the rom com movie "love".

Edited by Devin

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

I like black mermaid and whatever else they cried about.

i don't even know what black mermaid is, but it's obvious now that you are the one who is attached to the disney thing.  and youre right, neo feminism IS probably a threat to disney.  fuck disney.  and fuck rom coms, i don't watch either of those things, but from what i know they represent the anithesis of the kind of healthy relationship i'm talking about that isn't about codependency OR dependency.  

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

i don't even know what black mermaid is, but it's obvious now that you are the one who is attached to the disney thing.  and youre right, neo feminism IS probably a threat to disney.  fuck disney.  and fuck rom coms, i don't watch either of those things, but from what i know they represent the anithesis of the kind of healthy relationship i'm talking about that isn't about codependency OR dependency.  

Neo feminism isn't attacking Disney, we didn't understand eachother like usual, I meant conservatives.

You still don't know what dependence means

"The following are some examples that illustrate the difference: Dependent: Two people rely on each other for support and love. Both find value in the relationship. Codependent: The codependent person feels worthless unless they are needed by — and making drastic sacrifices for — the enabler.

Gottman is the relationship king, tell me he's wrong.

"Is dependence good in a relationship?

Healthy dependence as an act of turning toward

That vulnerability creates intimacy, and the feeling of being needed helps your partner feel more secure in the relationship.

https://www.gottman.com › blog

Healthy Dependence as a Path Toward Healthy Relationships"

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

Neo feminism isn't attacking Disney, we didn't understand eachother like usual, I meant conservatives.

You still don't know what dependence means

But generally your problem with neo feminism seems to be they are discouraging the Disney type of idealistic romance?  Or tell me again what you problem with neo feminism is.  It's not "Men shouldn't be masculine" that's a bullshit lazy meaningless write off.

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

But generally your problem with neo feminism seems to be they are discouraging the Disney type of idealistic romance?  Or tell me again what you problem with neo feminism is.  It's not "Men shouldn't be masculine" that's a bullshit lazy meaningless write off.

No, I oppose disney romance. They oppose having traditional gender roles.

48 minutes ago, Devin said:

Why would someone that satisfies all their own needs(independent) seek a relationship? That's the kind of neo-feminist cognitive dissonance I was referring to earlier.

For loooove!? 

image.thumb.png.a7d4043059f27f8120a83e7079f0a725.png

🤣🤣

Isn't the thing about all those characters that they can't satisfy their own needs?

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Ok, so then you proved the opposite of what your point was meant to be.  The only thing giving me cognitive dissonance here is attempting to figure out what your point is supposed to be.  I give up. 

That's not the part of Disney Love I disagree with, I disagree with the love part, like "ohhhh, he's the one!!!!", so dreamy!!!!", like the whole 'falling in love' is b.s.. like they get married and the colors change, birds come flying all over, 'live happily ever after'. You've never heard the phrase 'Disney love'?