To awaken you need to be balanced

One thing I realized, to properly awaken you need to have balance in all your aspects:

- Family and close relationships

- Career and finance 

- Health and fitness 

- Involvement in society and current events

- Spiritual work and practices 

If you don’t achieve this balance, let’s say if you do psychedelics alone all day, you will eventually fly away to a woo-woo land and become detached. 

I wanted to ask how balanced do you think you are in your life? Also, are there any categories I missed? 

Edited by Rose

I wouldn’t say it’s necessary to be balanced in all this aspects of reality. You can awaken without giving these areas much importance. But  imo, ,,enlightened living” is far more than sitting on your cushion or taking psychedelics. And these aspects of living, at least in my experience, become a means or a way  of sharing your light and co creating in this world. So the more I became conscious about  myself and reality  the more I had the natural urge to express myself in these different aspects of life. They go hand in hand. For some other folks it may be different.
.That’s the beauty of being.

How did you realize that? And what does properly awaken mean? Just just be sure. My idea of awakening would not need balance in all those aspects, but balance will most likely occur afterwards. I agree with @LovingPresenceThe more i become conscious about myself and are able to let go of ideas and beliefs, the easier and more naturally your mentioned aspects starts to flow. 

2 hours ago, Rose said:

One thing I realized, to properly awaken you need to have balance in all your aspects:

- Family and close relationships

- Career and finance 

- Health and fitness 

- Involvement in society and current events

- Spiritual work and practices 

If you don’t achieve this balance, let’s say if you do psychedelics alone all day, you will eventually fly away to a woo-woo land and become detached. 

I wanted to ask how balanced do you think you are in your life? Also, are there any categories I missed? 

It's more about selflessness, deep love for another, so love, and suffering, deep suffering - possibly from the love of another you lost.

Edited by Robed Mystic

I would add Self Love. The spontaneous expression of life energy as a celebration of love for life and (relationship-wise) for human beings. Selflessness, as @Robed Mysticpoints out can be the fuel for many activities and areas you engage with. A way of being in a sense.

But there is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself for its own sake🌝

Be a little ,,selfish” and dance in this life for no reason and no one🫶🏻

"To awaken you need to be balanced."  100% correct.  I call this the Integral.  And sometimes balance looks more like a working with or interplay.  Balance implies a kind of harmony, but chaos is here just as much as order.  One must also accept the chaos or disharmony on some level which the term balance can gloss.  This is why I would reframe what you wrote as: To awaken you need to have a working with or interplay between certain nodes in a network of relations.  This allows strife, insanity, discord, chaos, etc., to be here too -- as well as order, harmony, getting along, and the group hug or even the self hug.

Edited by Joseph Maynor