To awaken you need to be balanced

Balance feels like knowing that I can fully be here now and enjoy what I'm doing because I'm worthy of it. It feels like love for myself and others, faith that I will sense and feel when it's time to move on to doing something else without any regret, remorse or disorientation because I'm always eternally moving forward anyway. 

Youtube Channel  

7 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

so then, the times you aren't "feeling balanced" is part of the flow, yes?  so, part of the balance?

In the general scheme of things, yes, it is all balanced. On a personal level, it’s only “part of the flow” if one takes lessons from it.

Edited by Rose

6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Lester Retsel How do you ride a bike? 

right, you can only say "balanced' when in motion.  change is stability, so, stasis is instability.  so, rest is unstable, which makes change inevitable in life, which makes a point of perpetually "feeling balanced" not really possible.  maybe

Edited by Lester Retsel

2 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

right, you can only say "balanced' when in motion.  change is stability, so, stasis is instability.  so, rest is unstable, which makes change inevitable in life, which makes a point of perpetually "feeling balanced" isn't really possible.  maybe

If you’ve experienced balance once for a duration of time, you’re ok if there’s periods of time when you don’t feel balanced, not being balanced doesn’t disbalance you as much anymore.

Edited by Rose

11 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Lester Retsel  Balance both on a bike and in life is more of a feeling than a judgement. 

in the thoth tarot "Justice" was changed to "Adjustment" because justice is the human attribute to an endless ebbing and flowing, action reaction in nature.  because nature never stops or is still, "balance" is a hard word to use, for me anyway.

Edited by Lester Retsel

On 3/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, Rose said:

One thing I realized, to properly awaken you need to have balance in all your aspects:

- Family and close relationships

- Career and finance 

- Health and fitness 

- Involvement in society and current events

- Spiritual work and practices 

Awakening can be as simple as noticing awareness is aware, and with some self-inspection… is without beginning or end in immediate, readily verifiable direct experience. 

As this is already actual or what is, thoughts of what’s needed can be what obscures or contributes to the overlooking of this recognition. 

Definitely not meant personally, but there is no one to say what is or isn’t “proper”, as again, what is already is what is, or, is the actuality, or, the case. Awakening can never be reached, such as in a future or upon arriving ‘there’, as awakening is the recognition of the true nature of oneself, and therein, there never was a future or a there (just the apparent activity of thought about). 

If you don’t achieve this balance, let’s say if you do psychedelics alone all day, you will eventually fly away to a woo-woo land and become detached. 

A subtle but potentially insightful distinction might be wether the thoughts about identifying as separate are believed, and therein wether there is (already) a separate self which did, or needs to achieve, obtain or accomplish to be infinite awareness, to be what already is. 

I wanted to ask how balanced do you think you are in your life? Also, are there any categories I missed? 

Apparently many could comment or ‘weigh in’, but truly, I wouldn’t know, as the thought ‘my life’ arises and I am aware of it (vs in it). 

Also, upon awakening, there isn’t someone awakened (contrary to popular belief apparently). What’s clarified is a separate self never actually happened. This is the nature of an illusion. Like a mirage in a desert only seemed to be ‘there’, but upon closer inspection never actually was, and no one ever actually left here and went there.