Methods for letting go of seriousness?

WhiteOwl

@WhiteOwl

20 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

The title says it all. I have realized i live a very serious life, and things seem very serious its not helpful.

What do you do? Affirmations in front of the mirror?

The self takes as a serious. Self is prison. Let it go. Maximum, it will die. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Just now, James123 said:

@WhiteOwl

The self takes as a serious. Self is prison. Let it go. Maximum, it will die. 

Isn't the self what wants to let go of seriousness and reduce suffering, and the self wants to let go of the self?

I don't really care about an answer to above, more I am wondering how we let this go practically. Meditation with the intent of letting go seems to be moving backwards.

For me, these non dual statements sometimes just add confusion, I also see people who can understand non duality logically with thought but not embody it so they still suffer and argue about it. Yet, I think there is a lapse in communication where perhaps these ideas simply can't be communicated properly? Often times during psychedelic trips I have the intent of writing insights, but in the moment realize they are "untranslatable", it's something not meant to be understood or learned by thought?

How to let it go?

1 minute ago, Omelette said:

Isn't the self what wants to let go of seriousness and reduce suffering, and the self wants to let go of the self?

I don't really care about an answer to above, more I am wondering how we let this go practically. Meditation with the intent of letting go seems to be moving backwards.

For me, these non dual statements sometimes just add confusion, I also see people who can understand non duality logically with thought but not embody it so they still suffer and argue about it. Yet, I think there is a lapse in communication where perhaps these ideas simply can't be communicated properly? Often times during psychedelic trips I have the intent of writing insights, but in the moment realize they are "untranslatable", it's something not meant to be understood or learned by thought?

How to let it go?

Easy. When something makes you angry, sad, suffer etc. Let go of that thought. Know that thoughts represents the Illusion and has nothing do with you. 

12 minutes ago, James123 said:

Easy. When something makes you angry, sad, suffer etc. Let go of that thought. Know that thoughts represents the Illusion and has nothing do with you. 

Isn't the one who chooses to let go of that thought, self/ego?

I suppose ego is just more thought, and the idea of a me letting it go is a thought. In the moment it feels intuitive that I can choose to let go or not, but in thinking it seems that there is an I that takes ownership of the letting go.

You just be yourself, expression gets deeper more humble the more you really are just ok with being yourself. 

When you think you are a certain way it masks the fact that you are always expressing how you wanna express, and you are always being the way you want to be, so it isn’t like there is a method for just being the way you wanna be/ being yourself, it is as simple as just being.

Your AllWays.

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

4 hours ago, James123 said:

Pain is a thought too. Moreover, when you feel pain, have you ever try to analyze, why do suffer from it? 

I have tried to analyze it, I came to the possibly false conclusion that there is the sensation and then my own interpretations. I will try to spend more time analyzing this.

Like how a cow would have a physical reaction (moving away, crying out in pain) from being branded with hot iron, the body would move to avoid this sensation. Even though this cow presumably does not have an ego and does not think like humans do.

If pain is a thought, even the sensation can be seen through? As in, one could have their body cut but feel nothing/it won't hurt?

12 hours ago, Omelette said:

Like how a cow would have a physical reaction (moving away, crying out in pain) from being branded with hot iron, the body would move to avoid this sensation. Even though this cow presumably does not have an ego and does not think like humans do.

This is your imagination, thought process, there is no such a thing as cow or suffering cow, you or pain. These all stuff is learned by so called environment. 

12 hours ago, Omelette said:

If pain is a thought, even the sensation can be seen through? As in, one could have their body cut but feel nothing/it won't hurt?

Even if you get cut, body moves or not moves by it, feeling hurt, feeling nothing is an illusion. Now is before birth. Even if you do right or left, it is identical. Levitation is identical with taking shit. Meanwhile, putting meaning on it comes from ego.

Edited by James123

On 10/2/2022 at 8:49 PM, Omelette said:

For me, these non dual statements sometimes just add confusion, I also see people who can understand non duality logically with thought but not embody it so they still suffer and argue about it. Yet, I think there is a lapse in communication where perhaps these ideas simply can't be communicated properly? 

Yes i have felt that same way sometime, that i understand it but have a hard time embodying it. It sometimes feels more easy to manipulate your ego to feel better and stronger, it just doesn't last, and i would fall down deep again.

The confusion is what has to be let go off though, just as the seriousness 😄 

Don't try to change the place where the seriousness and the confusion comes from. Live from somewhere different. (I just read that recently and it kind of clicked)

@James123Kind of said the same thing 🤘

@Phil Haha, make me laugh when i try 🙂 

15 hours ago, Mandy said:

Do you feel worry often? 

Yes, a lot recently actually. Last couple of days i've feeling been increasingly aligned, but i've been in a rut. The things i want to achieve just been a matter of life and death for me and a cause for a lot of sadness, not something fun and passionate. But i'm finding a new way right now.

Thanks for the replies party people❤️

I find that witty and sarcastic people are some of the most anger-filled people.  I don't know why this is.  But I sense a correlation here.  Comedians can be very miserable inside.  Very kind of nihilistic and kind of mean-spirited in nature.  That humor is a coping mechanism they learned to keep from crying.  Not in ever case obviously, but this is a pattern I noticed that's all I'm saying.  Joking around lets you talk shit to and about other people by covering it behind a veil of humor.  It's sneaky once you notice it.  It's not nice in motive although it gets people laughing which disarms them from punching you back if you said it directly without the humor.  I see through this sort of person.  They're manipulative and very socially cunning but not that intelligent usually.  They think everything is a joke.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Humor is a sign of intelligence.  That's why its attractive to people.

It is, but it's not the only or sole aspect of intelligence.  Intelligence goes much deeper than humor.  Humor is for killing time and enjoying the present moment yes, but it's not exactly the best way to inquire into things.  There's a wobble in the nerd vs./and clown duality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor