My thoughts of Leo and actualize.org. What do you think?

Forza21

10 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm always talking to and watching myself primarily.  Everything I do is basically working on self-help.  I wouldn't waste my time otherwise.  It's like watching myself in a mirror.  I'm always seeing how I feel as these conversations take place.  Then I'm noting when my reactions stay the same and when they change and how I feel about that.  Feeling is key for me but it needs something to go off.  I know through feeling -- something more like intuition or what some call Third Eye.  I have to observe myself to gain those intuitions.  It's self-awareness work basically.

I think you should humble yourself and accept help in the form of therapy, and going in without the presumption that you already know anything about "self help".  

6 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

I think you should humble yourself and accept help in the form of therapy, and going in without the presumption that you already know anything about "self help".  

This comment is inappropriate as usual.  I think you should be less of an asshole.  Work on that one Lester.  Your threads on Leo and Actualized alone on here could put a shrink to work for the rest of their life.  Don't accuse people of having mental illness, you're not qualified to make that assessment.  I don't know why you always need to take a punch to the balls in your comments.  You get away with it because nobody else goes there.  You're kind of a bully.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This comment is inappropriate as usual.  I think you should be less of an asshole.  Work on that one Lester.  Your threads on Leo and Actualized alone on here could put a shrink to work for the rest of their life.  Don't accuse people of having mental illness, you're not qualified to make that assessment.  I don't know why you always need to take a punch to the balls in your comments.  You get away with it because nobody else goes there.  You're kind of a bully.  

I have gone to therapy.  I'd still go if I could afford it.  It's not necessarily for mental illness, I hate to see it stigmatized like that.  I try to normalize therapy for everybody.  

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

I have gone to therapy.  I'd still go if I could afford it.  It's not necessarily for mental illness, I hate to see it stigmatized like that.  I try to normalize therapy for everybody.  

Nice try to turn that one around.  @Proserpina is my therapist thank you very much.  She's the perfect therapist for me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice try to turn that one around.

I'm not.  Especially for a "life coach" it seems pretty important.  You know therapists are required to see other therapists?  You're familiar with transference?

Edited by Jonas Long

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice try to turn that one around.  @Proserpina is my therapist thank you very much.  She's the perfect therapist for me.

She's the absolute last person who should be your therapist and an actual therapist would know better.  It's the first thing you shouldn't do.

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

She's the absolute last person who should be your therapist and an actual therapist would know better.  It's the first thing you shouldn't do.

Why am I the last person who should be his therapist? 

1 minute ago, Proserpina said:

Why am I the last person who should be his therapist? 

You have a history(?) Of some kind with him.  And you clearly have your own issues. Again, ask literally anyone in the field of mental health.  

So ethically questionable from the get, but I definitely don't want to be involved.  Power dynamics etc.

Edited by Jonas Long

4 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

You have a history(?) Of some kind with him.  And you clearly have your own issues. Again, ask literally anyone in the field of mental health.  

So ethically questionable from the get, but I definitely don't want to be involved.  Power dynamics etc.

It was a joke.  Curious, what did you go to therapy to address?

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I have experience with mental health and so I have empathy for those who may or may not struggle.  That is the upside to having "issues".  My history with him is that I love him and that I have a heart for his issues and the things he is going through.  

2 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

I have experience with mental health and so I have empathy for those who may or may not struggle.  That is the upside to having "issues".  My history with him is that I love him and that I have a heart for his issues and the things he is going through.  

Don't tell them I have issues lol.  Just kidding.  Nobody has issues on this forum.  😁

@Jonas Long

In my experience with psychiatrists and psychologists, a lot of them lack understanding and empathy, as well as spiritual understanding and context.  I can never properly express my experiences I've had because they feel the need to place things into strict medical frameworks devoid of spirituality and the mystic.  I never really feel heard.  I think Joseph would benefit more from a loving environment where he can talk about ĥis experiences openly and freely. 

Edited by Proserpina

10 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

I think Joseph would benefit more from a loving environment where he can talk about ĥis experiences openly and freely. 

This would be nice but the Internet is pretty hostile due to online disinhibition effect and anonymity.  

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This would be nice but the Internet is pretty hostile due to online disinhibition effect and anonymity.  

This is why friendship and relationships are so invaluable I find.  And online forums and psychologists cannot equate. The heart is missing in so many ways online and with psychologists.