My thoughts of Leo and actualize.org. What do you think?

Forza21

@God

10 minutes ago, God said:

The overwhelming majority of his content is available for free, on purpose. 

Lol his content is not free, he makes money off his youtube channel. 

He wants your eyeballs, they make him good money.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

12 minutes ago, God said:

Someone your age should have better judgement.  And you won't get much compassion from me with that attitude of yours.

Leo is just a man.  Likely much younger than you, with less life experience than you.  What did you expect him to teach you?

Leo's also not very business-oriented.  He's not exactly trying to milk his content.  The overwhelming majority of his content is available for free, on purpose.  He doesn't keep anything behind a paywall.  You only pay if you want to support him, or if you don't care about money.

You know, if you're a solipsist, you really only have your "self" to blame for all these people getting your little panties in a bunch;)

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

@God

Lol his content is not free, he makes money off his youtube channel. 

He wants your eyeballs, they make him good money.

A fraction of the potential.  You don't make 2 hour videos of nothing but talk just to make money.  This is the exact opposite of how you make money on youtube.  Leo maximizes effort in making videos, while minimizing viewer retention, engagement, etc. He doesn't have sponsors, doesn't really use clickbait in the title or thumbnail, and doesn't even suggest that we're missing out or that we need his courses.  He genuinely just wants to educate.

If he decided to truly milk the channel, you would know. . he'd start doing sales, promo codes, he'd cut his series short and tell people to pay up for part 2 and 3, etc.

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm not even going to take the bait with you anymore.  And actually I never did take your bait.  My actions speak for themselves and I'm happy with my life.  ❤️

I don't have to agree with you or fight with you because -- you've got to fight yourself and you're projecting and distracting from doing that work.  Clearly.

If I met you in person you would probably lose the schtick fast.  You're just seeking attention and this is not the best way to get it.   You have no right to come on here and troll this community.  

You're trolling yourself with these claims.

@God Seems you are firm in your position.

You can be helping people on actualized.org who will actually listen to you, why stay here if you're guaranteed no one will really listen to you?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I hate to say it, but you're a manipulator.  You're a gaslighter.

In other words, you're admitting my words are getting through to you, and your opinions have now changed in light of the new reality to which you're now awake.

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

@God Seems you are firm in your position.

You can be helping people on actualized.org who will actually listen to you, why stay here if you're guaranteed no one will really listen to you?

I've been posting on Actualized all day, lol😂😉

4 minutes ago, God said:

In other words, you're admitting my words are getting through to you, and your opinions have now changed in light of the new reality to which you're now awake.

@God that's just more manipulation, are you trying to hypnotize him with those words?

"Youre beginning to feel sleepy 😴"

@Lester Retsel yes very true! Haha kinda feels like when we can have arguments with imagined people in our thoughts. No ones gonna win! 

@Joseph Maynor well put 👌.

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

@God that's just more manipulation, are you trying to hypnotize him with those words?

"Youre beginning to feel sleepy 😴"

😂😂😂

At this point I'm just joking around.  With those two I've given up on real discussion.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One of the things I want all of you to notice (and appreciate from my perspective) is how it feels when someone is coming at you in good faith.  Are they listening to you?  Do you feel a lack of tension and ease -- or is it competitive, strained, like a struggle to be heard?  So, you can always feel (and trust your feelings) when you're being heard and when there's a possibility of a quality relation between you and other person. 

There's a sense/feeling/experience of ease, of fluidity, of mutual benefit, a sense that they care about you.  Mutuality is an important value in interpersonal development work.  It's easy, there's no tension, it's forgiving, it's forward looking, it's a collaboration that requires responsibility from both you and the other person in the relationship. 

I agree.  This is not something people often pay attention to or care about.

But you started the bad faith, so I'm not taking you seriously anymore.

1 hour ago, God said:

A fraction of the potential.  You don't make 2 hour videos of nothing but talk just to make money.  This is the exact opposite of how you make money on youtube.  Leo maximizes effort in making videos, while minimizing viewer retention, engagement, etc. He doesn't have sponsors, doesn't really use clickbait in the title or thumbnail, and doesn't even suggest that we're missing out or that we need his courses.  He genuinely just wants to educate.

If he decided to truly milk the channel, you would know. . he'd start doing sales, promo codes, he'd cut his series short and tell people to pay up for part 2 and 3, etc.

Outrageous experiments In consciousness is click bait

40 minutes ago, God said:

I agree.  This is not something people often pay attention to or care about.

But you started the bad faith, so I'm not taking you seriously anymore.

I noticed you stopped responding to me, so, I'm assuming this is because you agree I was right and you were wrong, and I've changed your mind, and you accepted that I am superior to you in every way.  I'm glad you've admitted this. 

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Try to stick to a point, man.

So you dislike Leo because he said he'll tell you how to become God, you failed, and now you're angry as you realize that anyone can claim to be God or can claim to be able teach you to become God?

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

By the way I have no problem with someone wanting to make money.  I want to make money.  We all want to make money.  What I have a problem with is when (1) someone sells you something that's unfalsifiable where (2) you blame yourself when you don't get the result and (3) where the aim of the course or product is something that too good to be true: "realize you're God", "realize complete omniscience", etc.

If Leo Gura wants to sell a course that doesn't hit these red flags, I'm in support.  He built that audience up and if they want to buy something legit from him, so be it.  I just don't want kids and gullible people shelling out $1,000 bucks for something I think fits the concerns I raise above. 

My advise to Leo Gura is make a practical course that hits the inverse of these red flags; namely, (1) it's falsifiable, (2) refundable if the person doesn't get the result, and (3) limited in its promise as to the result.  He's a smart guy.   Falsifiable just means what they're selling you can be proven to be true or false.  Something unfalsifiable is where you can't do that. 

The reason you want to sell an unfalsifiable, too good to be true product is because the person who bought it will most likely blame themselves when they fail to get the promised result.  This is not just some idea I came up with; this is a pattern, a strategy I learned in studying these things.  People use these principles all the time to sell scammy products.

That sounds reasonable. I may communicate some or all of that to Leo when there is an appropriate occasion, if that's okay with you. Obviously I won't make a thread and get banned like that, but if I saw the topic coming up, then I may present these thoughts.

Anyway, do you think Leo is legit deliberately trying to scam gullible people? Like do you think this was his master plan from day one or at some point along the way? He still hasn't released the course, though. He said that he won't release it unless it's really good.

As well, if I may ask: What did you like about Leo that made you a fan of him initially? And what changed about him that made you lose that admiration?

Edited by Ges

Have faith.

9 hours ago, Faith said:

Just a tip for anyone banned. When in incognito mode you can read the Actualized forum.

It's interesting, because some members here are also still there and you can creep on what they say about us. Lol

WeeklyUnitedFawn-size_restricted.thumb.gif.47444ebd6577174f196ba2d986295000.gif

You can remove the cookies that the browser stores for/from Actualized, you will be logged out and the site will work normally.

It depends on the browser you're using though. For me, I'm using Firefox, so here's how it can be done:

1186979911_Screenshot(130).thumb.png.caffdce1e8869754d0ddb8c464987b39.png

Otherwise, you would have to use another browser or clear your current browser's data or continue using the incognito.

Have faith.

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One of the things I want all of you to notice (and appreciate from my perspective) is how it feels when someone is coming at you in good faith.  Are they listening to you?  Do you feel a lack of tension and ease -- or is it competitive, strained, like a struggle to be heard?  So, you can always feel (and trust your feelings) when you're being heard and when there's a possibility of a quality relation between you and other person. 

There's a sense/feeling/experience of ease, of fluidity, of straightforwardness, of mutual benefit; a sense that they care about you.  Mutuality is an important value in interpersonal development work.  It's easy, there's no tension, it's forgiving, it's forward looking, it's a collaboration that requires responsibility from both you and the other person in the evolving relationship. 

Yes!!

To find out if someone is a good 'leader' is to take a look at how the 'followers' feel. Do they really enjoy themselves where they're at? Or is there a negative atmosphere which is justified with a ton of arguments and beliefs?

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.