I can't seem to overcome my fear of death

Someone here

No matter how much I try to accept my own mortality. I can't. Even if death is a portal to a different dimension. I'm still funding inside of me tons of fear from the smell of death .

death is the ultimate fear of the finite mind.  I know that Spiritual awakening is the solution, there's no another way around it.

The kicker is of course.. You have not the first clue what's going to happen after death.. The body seems to die. What goes on after that?.?? Nobody knows.

it depends of course on how does one die. Suffocating to death doesn't sound like a pleasant experience. Although you can die without any melodrama (like dying while sleeping). 

But the moment of death..that one final moment is when the levels of fear reach infinity. This moment is what I'm terrified from to an unimaginable degree .

Appreciate any thoughts or perspectives on the subject .

7 minutes ago, Indisguise said:

Death doesn't happen, dude. 

What do you mean? Are you denying that some day in the future your body will stop functioning in the way we call death ?

5 minutes ago, Indisguise said:

Why aren't you afraid of falling asleep at night? What's so bad about sleeping? And besides, does sleep even happen? 

Sleep is not death .I'm not afraid of sleep because I know what sleep is and I know that I'm gonna wake up eventually. While death is completely unknown to me .so there's that. 

@Someone here because sensation is always happening while thoughts arise/pass, it seems like something can really come to an end when it's only really thoughts that "go away". 

If you look around you'll see that nothing actually ends or dies, everything is recycled no matter what.

Notice that thoughts are the only thing that can actually poof away and this is projected on all of reality, that it can just poof away. 

♾️

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

If you look around you'll see that nothing actually ends or dies, everything is recycled no matter what.

Yeah so after my corpse decay..it will get recycled in nature .turn into nutrients of the soil. Into plants and animals bodies. Then a sperm and an egg will meet ..and I will be born again? 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah so after my corpse decay..it will get recycled in nature .turn into nutrients of the soil. Into plants and animals bodies. Then a sperm and an egg will meet ..and I will be born again? 

@Someone here I have no definite answer on that.

All I know, all I experience, is that everything is recycled no matter what. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, fucking magical, thats the essence of transcendence and it flew over the scientists heads!!!

♾️

15 minutes ago, Orb said:

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed

Yeah it makes sense. We are eternal. We will always exist in one way or another .but as to what way exactly will we exist as after death of our current bodies is the unsettled mystery. 

energy cannot be created nor destroyed. It simply changes states. The total amount of energy in an isolated system does not, cannot, change. And thanks to Einstein, we also know that matter and energy are two rungs on the same ladder.

The universe as a whole is closed. However, human bodies (and other ecosystems) are not closed .they're open systems. We exchange energy with our surroundings. We can gain energy (again, through chemical processes), and we can lose it (by expelling waste or emitting heat).

In death, the collection of atoms of which you are composed of (a universe within the universe) are repurposed. Those atoms and that energy, which originated during the Big Bang, will always be around. Therefore, your "light," that is, the essence of your energy  not to be confused with your actual consciousness will continue to echo throughout space until the end of time. The only question as I said is I what form exactly? 

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

🤔

I think he meant that if you stopped overcoming emotion(@phil there is never emotions in present moment?) you will reach communion. So, you cannot overcome fear of death, also, trying to overcome it is irrelevant to making you feel better about death. 

@phil What is communion? 

Edited by nurthur11

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

I know that Spiritual awakening is the solution, there's no another way around it.

You could also live an amazing life, and then, when you're older, you could say, "I fuckin' lived". And then, you might be in peace with the thought of leaving this body one day.

🙏

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

You could also live an amazing life, and then, when you're older, you could say, "I fuckin' lived". And then, you might be in peace with the thought of leaving this body one day.

🙏

You don't have to say anything to be at peace with death. You could still live an amazing life but you don't have to say I fucking lived; you don't know if you are leaving or just dying.  

13 minutes ago, Lotus said:

🙏

These are two separate issues.  You can live an amazing kick ass life and still fear death. Because how you live your life has nothing to do with the fact that you gonna die someday and it will definitely be a nasty experience.  Let alone the crippling fear of the unknown beyond death .

At some point or other, all of us will be faced with fears about death. After all, what happens when the light’s go out remains one of life’s biggest mysteries. 

Not only is it normal to fear the unknown but in these current uncertain times, we’re probably going to find our thoughts turning to our own mortality even more.

And this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, contemplating death can spur us on to make important changes in our lives. It can make us question whether we’re living a life that’s based on our values  the things that are important to us. But it can also play the opposite role and make us anxious all the time .expecting our death to be near .

38 minutes ago, Phil said:

Fear’s not a thing. So there isn’t a my fear, tons of fears, or ultimate fear. Fear is emotion / an emotion. That’s all. 

Ok fine. Its an emotion. Aren't emotions 'things '?

Plus ..I want practical solutions to this fear ..First of all let me ask you what's your definition of death ? Do you believe like Leo gura and @Indisguise that "death is imaginary" or that its just a thought in the present moment ..or do you consider it as an inevitable part of life ?

Even if you have never had an experience that brought you close to death, simply witnessing someone else die (or come close) can have similar effects. When we lose someone..especially someone we were close to.we very understandably end up reflecting on them, their life, and of course, the fact that they are now gone. Naturally, then, this could lead to contemplating our own possible death

Also as I mentioned to you before in the actualized forum..I struggle with extreme panic attacks .., a panic attack is an extreme event that makes you think you are either going to die or go crazy and lose touch with reality (which in some ways is very similar to death). So, even though panic attacks themselves aren’t actually a threat to your life, because they feel like it in the moment, they can be a trigger or cause for longerterm fear of death.

48 minutes ago, nurthur11 said:

You don't have to say anything to be at peace with death.

Of course not. 

39 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You can live an amazing kick ass life and still fear death.

Fully living and exhausting desires burn karma. Empty yourself and you will find yourself wanting to reside in being. Being is eternal aliveness. 

44 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because how you live your life has nothing to do with the fact that you gonna die someday and it will definitely be a nasty experience.

That‘s certainly not a universal truth, but your belief. 

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Appreciate any thoughts or perspectives on the subject .

Just a reminder, you asked for perspectives other than yours. Take my replies just as that.. a different perspective. 

31 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Ok fine. Its an emotion. Aren't emotions 'things '?

No.  My last comment was literally “fear is not a thing”. 

Plus ..I want practical solutions to this fear

The solution is to stop believing fear is a conceptual logical problem to be solved. No solution is needed. 

..First of all let me ask you what's your definition of death ?

A belief. 

Do you believe like Leo gura and @Indisguise that "death is imaginary" or that its just a thought in the present moment ..or do you consider it as an inevitable part of life ?

The difference between believing and the truth, is only one of these are the truth. 

Notice deflection to others and other’s beliefs because it serves you to do so (it serves you to notice). Notice believing what every one else believes isn’t serving you and isn’t going to. It simply does not matter what Leo or anyone else believes or is imagining to be the truth. It isn’t what’s relevant. 

“The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy.”– Morpheus

Even if you have never had an experience that brought you close to death, simply witnessing someone else die (or come close) can have similar effects. When we lose someone..especially someone we were close to.we very understandably end up reflecting on them, their life, and of course, the fact that they are now gone. Naturally, then, this could lead to contemplating our own possible death

Also as I mentioned to you before in the actualized forum..I struggle with extreme panic attacks .., a panic attack is an extreme event that makes you think you are either going to die or go crazy and lose touch with reality (which in some ways is very similar to death). So, even though panic attacks themselves aren’t actually a threat to your life, because they feel like it in the moment, they can be a trigger or cause for longerterm fear of death.

Did you watch my last two videos (with respect to panic attacks & trouble sleeping)?

You might also like this one which explains fear / emotions and how you’re creating that experience… and this one which explains how to consciously create the experience you want.

“What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world. You don’t know what it is, but it’s there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.” – Morpheus