Wim Hoff Method

Just curious if anyone else has followed Wim Hoff and adopted his practices and if so whether it's made any difference to your physical and mental wellbeing 

He's become a pretty big deal in UK with lots of people advocating his methods. I have a friend who has followed his work for years and says he feels great as a result. 

He has some excellent tools. I have experimented with it lightly, I started swimming in the ocean which is very cold here, extending my swimming season more out in the spring and fall, and have done the breathing method which I really appreciate. I don't currently practice any of it regularly. 

Youtube Channel  

On 5/15/2022 at 10:04 AM, Nowt said:

Just curious if anyone else has followed Wim Hoff and adopted his practices and if so whether it's made any difference to your physical and mental wellbeing 

He's become a pretty big deal in UK with lots of people advocating his methods. I have a friend who has followed his work for years and says he feels great as a result. 

I've been doing few of his exercises for a year every day. It helps to lift you up in emotional scales quickly. Nice stuff ☺️

I don't know much specifically about the wim Hoff method, but I can say for sure that cold showers help a lot. 

A few years ago I was getting off of some tough substances, cold showers made the withdrawal so much easier. 

Cold showers pretty much flood you with endorphins, they wake you up too.

♾️

Not lately but doing cold showers everyday for a year along with some weight lifting and better diet made me say a big fuck you to the doctors that were scaring me and advising scary treatments for life. The fact that i can do the job i do proves that i'm very very fit and wim hof was a huge piece of the puzzle of me feeling this way.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:36 AM, Orb said:

I don't know much specifically about the wim Hoff method, but I can say for sure that cold showers help a lot. 

A few years ago I was getting off of some tough substances, cold showers made the withdrawal so much easier. 

Cold showers pretty much flood you with endorphins, they wake you up too.

Preach! Cold showers are awesome. They definitely made me feel sharper mentally. Also they helped me breath deeper.

10 hours ago, Eothasian said:

An aquaintance said, cold showers don't heal, they surpress depressive states.

That's thoughts about cold showers, and thoughts someone else said or thought, that you are thinking. Cold water is all about the experience itself, not the thoughts about it and realizing that's it's all about the experience and not the thoughts about it. 

Youtube Channel  

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

That's thoughts about cold showers, and thoughts someone else said or thought, that you are thinking. Cold water is all about the experience itself, not the thoughts about it and realizing that's it's all about the experience and not the thoughts about it. 

That's thoughts about your thoughts of my thoughts of someone elses thoughts I shared. ,😛

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

@Eothasian

Ok, well my thoughts are that I went swimming in very cold ocean water the other day, it was a challenge and fun and felt both an increase in energy that didn't go away and a deeply relaxed bliss. No suppressing in my opinion, it helps clear any suppressing. Depression itself is suppressing because depression is not an emotion but is a judgement about emotions and the one who has them.  Feeling can seem to be suppressed, or avoided by thinking about it, or about the things believed to cause the way that we think we feel. 

Youtube Channel  

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

@Eothasian

Ok, well my thoughts are that I went swimming in very cold ocean water the other day, it was a challenge and fun and felt both an increase in energy that didn't go away and a deeply relaxed bliss. No suppressing in my opinion, it helps clear any suppressing. Depression itself is suppressing because depression is not an emotion but is a judgement about emotions and the one who has them.  Feeling can seem to be suppressed, or avoided by thinking about it, or about the things believed to cause the way that we think we feel. 

I was just fooling with you. ❤️

But imo, even if it surpresses depression, that temporary supression is good because it can get clarity for a way out. 

But I have no opinion on that.

I did a lot of cold showers. It feels good Afterwards, the way you said it, though not as strong for me.

That was good insight into depression btw.

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

Basically daily since Covid. 

The breathing is awesome, as is daily cold showers, recommend both, the third pillar is actually meditation, but many people don't touch on that part much. 

Breathing method + cold is especially awesome if you don't feel 100% one morning (or if you had too many drinks the night before!)

On 8/5/2022 at 3:08 PM, Mandy said:

@LfcCharlie4 👍Sort of unrelated to Wim Hoff but are you still drinking celery juice? I'm still blown away by how effective it is a couple years in. Stopped a few times but always go back to it. 

THis summer I've really slacked due to busyness & having the kitche re fitted, but this is the sign I needed to get back on it! 

What have you noticed recently that made it seem so effective?