Jordan Peterson

Isagi Yoichi

Today I was at the bookstore & as I was wandering around, the clerk stopped me and offered to help me. I asked, "Do you have a copy of Donald Trump's book on his U.S. Immigration Policy regarding Muslims and illegal Mexicans?" The clerk angrily said, "Fuck off, get out and stay out!" I said, "Yes! That's the one. Do you have it in paperback?”  Quora.com

What's weird to me is that kind of high pitched male voice seems to be attractive to a lot of people.  I notice it a lot in advertising too.  It's almost an integrated voice on some level.  But it appeals to a lot of people.  It gets your attention.  This is just a random insight as to why some speakers are more popular than others.  Jordan Peterson would be the first to say he's faced struggles.  I went through a phase where I consumed a lot of his content.  He's good for integrating Stage Blue if that rings any bells for you.  He's got that "quiet intensity" that @Adeptus Psychonautica mentioned about Leo Gura in one of his videos.  That insight stuck with me.  Yeah.  Somehow that sells.  I guess it makes people feel safe and it gets around people's Spidey-sense defenses.  This guy sounds feminine on some level and is thus presumed to be harmless.  Its sneaky when you look at it from a more somewhat cynical point of view, I'll admit.  I'm just sharing some off the cuff insights here, not sure they're perfect in form.  Peterson reminds me of the Feminine trying to portray themselves as the Masculine.  He's telling you his persona not who he really is.  This not a bug, this is the feature of most people.  Higher-consciousness people can see thru these shenanigans.   Jordan Peterson is just a guy like you and I and puts his pants on one leg at a time like we all do.   And I think in his more honest moments he would acknowledge the veracity of this on some level.   He's not a stupid person.  Obviously.  He's got a lot of strengths that resonate with a lot of people.  That's a matter of fact.  Fast talking high-pitched voice that is very condensed (composed) as to message and argument.   I think he knows a bit about advertising and marketing too, or he hired someone to help him there.  A loud, high pitched male voice with no nuance (very pushy regarding belief or selling point) that is extremely articulate and to the point is extremely effective if this is the game you're playing.  Curious to hear your insights regarding this if you have any. If you listen to Trump he has kind of a high pitched voice too.  It's mesmerizing.  It cuts through people's defenses.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What's weird to me is that kind of high pitched male voice seems to be attractive to a lot of people.  I notice it a lot in advertising too.  It's almost an integrated voice on some level.  But it appeals to a lot of people.  It gets your attention.

Yeah true 100%

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Today I was at the bookstore & as I was wandering around, the clerk stopped me and offered to help me. I asked, "Do you have a copy of Donald Trump's book on his U.S. Immigration Policy regarding Muslims and illegal Mexicans?" The clerk angrily said, "Fuck off, get out and stay out!" I said, "Yes! That's the one. Do you have it in paperback?”  Quora.com

Good job. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Some people are deeply misogynistic. They see anything as feminine - they see it as bad. You can't change such people. Deep down they just hate women. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Jordan Peterson is a fairly good guy. Some things about him seem a bit patriarchal though. 

Yet I still see him as a bit feminine. His crying and everything. 

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

@Joseph Maynor Do you associate what you consider to be feminine qualities with deception and persuasion? 

No.  I think blunt and direct persuasion is generally Masculine.  Indirectness is Feminine.  Deception is dark human, dark ego.  I don’t really consider dark Feminine.  So there’s light and dark.  Light is generally life affirming, health affirming.  Dark is Devilish.  I don’t associate the Feminine with the Devil.  I think the Masculine/Feminine scheme kinda breaks down when we contrast light and dark.  Light would be Jesus dark would be Lucifer.  I think deception is dark.  I don’t think light and dark really fit the Masc vs/and Fem duality well at all.  Ditto for other words like love and truth.  So there’s limits to that Yin vs./and Yang schema in my experience.  I’m sure others can disagree and try to fit everything into it.  I don’t force it where I feel it doesn’t fit.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 2/2/2024 at 5:15 PM, Phil said:

Is this a true story? Like did that actually happen to you?