Jordan Peterson

Isagi Yoichi

what do you guys think about Jordan Peterson? 

he always says to pick your suffering and bear it he always says life is suffering he said to try to reduce your suffering.

but this is just inaccurate because those are all beliefs

Edited by Isagi Yoichi

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

he has beliefs like: "Things are complicated" "fixing things is really hard" "it's hard to be a better person" 

idk why is talking like he is in a movie in the video like he tries to be sarcastic about his talking about suffering lol he said you have to take on the fact that life is suffering lmao 

Edited by Isagi Yoichi

4 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

what do you guys think about Jordan Peterson? 

he always says to pick your suffering and bear it he always says life is suffering he said to try to reduce your suffering but this is just inaccurate bec beliefs are still beliefs even if they're reduced.

That guy is FUCKED up.  He sounds alright half the time but he has deep issues.  Have you seen all the videos he cries in, over things like incels?

12 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Like he only eats meat and keeps almost dying. 

I also know a religious guy in our country who had a lot of influence and said he is eating meat every single day. it's so weird 

one of his influences is that he gave "permission" for a religious rule, dogmatic people used this rule to kill a guy

9 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

I also know a religious guy in our country who had a lot of influence and said he is eating meat every single day. it's so weird 

one of his influences is that he gave "permission" for a religious rule, dogmatic people used this rule to kill a guy

Peterson is for a lot of wacky shit like "enforced monogamy" and rethinking whether women really belong in the work place.  So while some of the more esoteric things he says are interesting sometimes, I stopped paying attention to him.  Oh yeah, he's Canadian but he said he would have voted trump lol.  So, that alone really.

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

I don't think it's really that productive or helpful to judge a person, but instead to discuss particular comments they've made. 

"I would have voted for Trump"

"I think there should be forced monogamy"

"I think there should be punishment for abortion"

"Transexuality is mental illness"

"I'm not sure women should be allowed to wear makeup in a work environment"

"I'm not sure women belong in a work environment"

Etc.

Just now, Mandy said:

Well, nothing is wasted though, right?  Think about what you're really asking, what particular thing is he saying that's causing you to ask a question, and what is that question really in its essence? Clarify the question, and then the question attracts more clarity. 

I am curious about the idea of life is suffering that everyone is taking seriously 

it looks like he is "corrupting" people's minds with all his beliefs and philosophy 

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

Etc.

My God I can't believe he says that. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Just now, Isagi Yoichi said:

I am curious about the idea of life is suffering that everyone is taking seriously 

it looks like he is "corrupting" people's minds with all his beliefs and philosophy 

Are we talking about suffering or pain? 

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Etc.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to defend anyone, but I don't see evidence for these direct quotes. 

Youtube Channel