What are your thoughts about reincarnation? Do we have a unique soul?

We all are born with certain personality traits even without environmental factors. Is this random? But then what does random mean. All are one ok. Are there ones inside this bigger one that get recycled? Maybe the wrong word but i hope you understand what i mean.

Is birth a separation? Is death a separation? Is "one" a separation? 

unique (adj.)

c. 1600, "single, solitary," from French unique (16c.), from Latin unicus "only, single, sole, alone of its kind," from unus "one" (from PIE root *oi-no- "one, unique"). Meaning "forming the only one of its kind" is attested from 1610s; erroneous sense of "remarkable, uncommon" is attested from mid-19c. Related: Uniquely; uniqueness. https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=unique

Youtube Channel  

Do you believe that you yesterday and you now are the same person? If yes, you're being reincarnated. If you realize that there is no time, and that there is no "you" to reincarnate, you've broken the cycle of birth and death.

You constantly die and are born, it's the exact same thing. Leaving one place is entering another place. There is neither birth nor death.

I saw in Vedanta somewhere explanation, that when a person dies this apparent bubble of water burst out, and it merges into the ocean of pure consciousness. But when you are not Brahman-realized, you get born as next bubble. It's not like bubble is different from water, it's all the same, of course. When you get enlightenment, it's the same, but before physical death. It's only mental death (for now) and all the separation dies too. In that case, you won't get reincarnated as the next bubble, because it bursted as you still live.  This explanation resonates a lot.

My personal direct experience - back in 2016 I almost died from an autoimmune disorder - and one day realized that I had to go through the fear of death once and for all and when I did I was playing this song, and out of the blue God appeared!  Like, I just needed to stop being a person for a second to see the truth and it was right there and it had this very alive and illuminated quality to it that was just incredible.

There was something about this picture and song, and I can't put my finger on it, but appreciation for the present moment, knowing this is a destination, that it's Mine, I just became One with it and there was an end to seeking, and there was so much Love I could feel connected to the entire planet and it was alive and breathing, and oh my God, the breathing of the planet feels so intense...
And then I listened to this song here:

And I could see God within it, too, and I saw the grid, sacred geometry and how we go back to this "underneath" everything, in a way, like the web of life... and it was "reaching out" to me, like an entire universe, telling me that there was a plan that was beautiful and everything was in its proper place, and I was a part of the whole, just a piece, moving along, but still the whole thing, somehow.

And then I listened to this song:

And I could feel every soul that ever was or will be, all singing in unison like angels, all in their proper places - and it felt like a reaching towards some gravitational center made of pure love, I felt like I stepped outside of time and could feel it go by me, and I could feel all the other souls on the other side, all participating in this, and I could even feel my own bubble.  Everyone that ever was told me that they were all my ancestors, and they congratulated me for reaching this point in the journey.
I realized that I was always at that point, and things were just giving the illusion of going by and that I always will  be "here", that reincarnation is the process of removing the layer of delusion and this will just keep happening and that is reincarnation; but everything has a soul and is in it's proper order for a bigger plan - which is to bring God to this reality in a way that allows the human being to express all that it is and can be, to Love, to feel connected to everyone and everything and nature and for life to feel almost orgasmic because it is so full of wonder and beauty; that art is a vehicle of God's and that human beings are meant to create a lot of art so that we can use it to send messages to one another about the nature of how God works.  That music, art, etc. are magickal when you infuse them with intention.  Powerful.
After I went onto YouTube and could feel connected to the Love of everyone in the comment section, even the stupid comments, I could just feel the presence of us all... innocent and free, and then during the afterglow I ate three oranges, peeled them, smelled them, really looked at them and ate them slowly, then went outside and I felt rebooted, reset, but that I didn't have a grounded place in my psyche to contain it all - and I didn't have the right karma.

I have also seen the Devil himself.

He comes in through the same way that God does, and contains all of consciousness's collective suffering, hatred, pain, agony, rot, entropy, filth, etc. - it is "Kali", a dark void, something run amok that was once chained and forgotten like the great Fenrir wolf.  Destined to break free and destroy reality.  Like Shiva, the End, the Night, the perfect, putrid night.
And he/it shows you your karma, when you're backed into a corner and there is nothing left but one consciousness that is with you and it's like the shadow you can never face in yourself come to life - I made a deal with it when I was at my weakest point that I would work on my karma and bring it to Light but it has such a strong influence over my psyche, we really don't match well.  I feel possessed by it often, and have been looking for answers into my dark side for quite a while now - it has a life of it's own, a personality of its own in a space I can't access, that just springs on me sometimes, and everything aligns - just like with witnessing God.
Its presence concerns me because it contains all the collective suffering of everything that ever was, like nature is brutal in some aspects and I just can't wrap my mind around brutality despite having such a brutal shadow, and despite feeling so little for anything at all.

This thing makes me want to try salvia to see if I can bring it closer to inspect it because I simply don't understand it and yet it dominates my life in such a strong way, it has such an influence on me.

I have felt odd things... Biblical things underneath it all.  It feels like, once you let go of your self concept, that just outside of reality altogether is the game of life, the game of reality and it is to see if you will chose Love, Light, Truth or if you will chose Hatred, Darkness, Falsity.  And often falsity will have aspects of truth within it that lead you along, it isn't so easy to pinpoint what you've gotten wrong.  All you really know is that seeing the self-aware hatred that humans can possess at the same level as understanding God; that there is something more to this game.  And that is what I am after; something about the other side pulls me into it; I feel like I need it and that it is a part of me...  I think someday I will understand the mechanism of reincarnation - I think it's possible.  I've seen the face of death - I see it everywhere I go... reminding me... work on yourself... and be Love, and then you can transmute that shit into gold.

4trbZjw.jpg

Edited by Annie

What i mean is different from ego. You could still call it ego of course. What i mean is why do i have a vessel body that is human and why does this human has these characteristics and not others or biological differences and tendencies from other humans and why was i born where i was born. These things are not me but i live looking through these eyes. Why do i have this pov instead of something else? Maybe i'm the whole ocean but at the same time i only experience this particular drop. Why do i experience this drop and not another one?

My pov is a separation. Why did i separate in the first place?

I must had a good reason. Why would i want to end the separation if i wanted to separate? 

What will my next pov be? Am i all povs? There is no 'my' next pov i guess.

Still i can't grasp it. I feel like a fly in a soup.

I'm open to this possibility -- but what would constitute evidence for this claim?  I'm leery about stories that are told where I can't look at some kind of evidence, for myself, in support.  I also think the burden of proof is in the person advancing this claim not the person denying such a claim without any evidence proffered.  If I were to advance this kind of claim, I would be looking for some kind of evidence in support that not only could I convince myself with but that I could also convince others with too -- or get them to acquire the evidence for themselves.  We might ask a philosophical question: What would evidence for this claim even look like we might wonder?  This might be an unfalsifiable claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

Edited by Joseph Maynor

24 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

When you die ,you become whole ocean.

Formless Infinite Love.Speaking from experience.

But you still have the same body/spaceship and physical laws still apply. Why this particular one and not another one? Why is a life story even created?

imo, Spiral Dynamics is the best evidence we have for reincarnation.  With time, people become more evolved.  And the progression isn't something learned, but something that comes naturally, and is present from birth.  People born now are, by default, more advanced than the people being born a thousand years ago.

That said, reincarnation may not be linear.  The low hanging fruit the masses like to go for is that we transition from one life to the next in a linear fashion.  The problem with this thinking is it stems from the false belief that time exists when, in fact, time is just a product of our "incarnation", and doesn't exist in and of itself.

I think it's likely that souls exist, as there seems to be evolution taking place at a level outside the physical, but that's no reason to assume that we are souls going from life to life.  What we are is just awareness, and that's not a soul, nor is it bound to any specific soul.  If souls do exist, then we do not own any single soul, and can simply jump between them at will.

So.. do souls exist?  yes and no.  You are god, you can create a soul and incarnate into a million humans, all with the same soul ..if you wanted.  You create the rules, so it's up to you.  But, ultimately, no, souls don't have to exist, and so reincarnation doesn't have to exist.  The only thing that has to exist is awareness.  Everything else is just a product of awareness.

Edited by God

On 4/12/2022 at 8:00 PM, MazE said:

But you still have the same body/spaceship and physical laws still apply. Why this particular one and not another one? Why is a life story even created?

I returned(never exited) as this guy back.I died to and was formless actual Infinite Love in all directions.Hard to describe experience.There was literally nothing there.

On 4/12/2022 at 2:00 PM, MazE said:

The body and laws, this one and that one, are already the ocean. As / for the ocean, there isn’t a body, laws, or a this one and that one. Same for the conceptualization of the ocean (life story). It (the concept) is presently / already, the ocean (of consciousness). The relevance might be that there aren’t really waves. The ocean appears as such, including the conceptualization of itself, ‘waves’. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

The body and laws, this one and that one, are already the ocean. As / for the ocean, there isn’t a body, laws, or a this one and that one. Same for the conceptualization of the ocean (life story). It (the concept) is presently / already, the ocean (of consciousness). The relevance might be that there aren’t really waves. The ocean appears as such, including the conceptualization of itself, ‘waves’. 

so there are nor people, nor knowers, 

nor experiencers, it all just is? Full stop.

Thank you for your great answers. Still the concept of souls is on my mind. Evolution outside the physical? That was a great thought. Yes i understand the highest view conceptually but this middle ground is something that i'm curious about. But i won't look at the bible for answers lol. 

To be honest even to think about these things is a luxury. I live to work. Being an enlightened employee doesn't sound fun.

This job and the country i was born and my story is what i happened to watch as a movie that someone picked. I wasn't born in a warzone or in china. Why? There are a lot of why's. I had a software since birth that led to experiences and actions. Someone else with exactly the same life would have taken other actions. Like my hamster. She was snob since birth. No matter how enlightened noone can choose to be born at will right now somewhere else. 

A drop in the ocean that was dealt poker cards.