On 4/11/2022 at 9:28 AM, MazE said:

What are your thoughts about reincarnation? Do we have a unique soul?

We all are born with certain personality traits even without environmental factors. Is this random? But then what does random mean. All are one ok. Are there ones inside this bigger one that get recycled? Maybe the wrong word but i hope you understand what i mean.

My take (which means this is what I think and if you disagree noooooo problem), is that there's a difference between what we typically think we are and what we "really" are. For those that have awakened then for the most part, as long as you haven't fallen back to sleep (firefly stage), you know you're awareness. 

So, the mind/body is just "apparently" real, it's apparent "name and form" that changes within our true Self, awareness.

We, awareness, have this silly notion that we are an independent, "person". It seems we are a person, but people are constantly changing, aging, are born and die, etc.

I seem to be the one "aware of" the endless changes, the coming and going, but I never "go" anywhere! While the apparent person is endlessly on the move with its thoughts, feelings, emotions, body...practically non-stop! 

Like a movie playing on a movie screen, the ornaments made of gold, the pots made of clay or waves dancing upon the ocean, they are one thing appearing as divided. That's no different then what happening here, except, we, awareness, have convinced ourselves we are this little "me" apparent character, because we are associated with it so closely.  It is made by us, out of us and is within us.. .it is me (awareness), but I'm not it, like the hand is part of the person, but the person is not just the hand. 

This "apparent" reality isn't just the apparent person, but an apparent universe AND an apparent afterlife or loka(s). So, this is as "apparently" real as all the other apparently real "stuff", thats where transmigrating subtle-bodies would come into play.

However, for those that know of themselves as simply awareness and know they were truly never born and will never die, then the afterlife and transmigrating subtle bodies is just a fairy tale that is only "apparently" real, but I suppose it's as real or not, as the waking state. 

As always, take what you like and leave the rest. 😊

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

On 4/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, MazE said:

What i mean is different from ego. You could still call it ego of course. What i mean is why do i have a vessel body that is human and why does this human has these characteristics and not others or biological differences and tendencies from other humans and why was i born where i was born. These things are not me but i live looking through these eyes. Why do i have this pov instead of something else? Maybe i'm the whole ocean but at the same time i only experience this particular drop. Why do i experience this drop and not another one?

My pov is a separation. Why did i separate in the first place?

I must had a good reason. Why would i want to end the separation if i wanted to separate? 

What will my next pov be? Am i all povs? There is no 'my' next pov i guess.

Still i can't grasp it. I feel like a fly in a soup.

What is ego, such that it could be said what is or isn’t ego? No one knows because an ego has never actually been observed. It’s always an assumption. It’s circular, because it’s thoughts. Similar to bigfoot (no offensive if anyone has seen one 😅) or a unicorn. There are thoughts about these, but there is no perception of these. Put another way, there is no actuality of these. It’s more like a rumor than something which could or would ever be found. 

Reincarnation is very similar. To realize the truth in regard to reincarnation, is to realize as, to see, to glimpse, be, or being infinity (all just pointing terms) and never having actually been anything other than infinity. Infinity is also a pointing, and not a defining term. 

Nonduality, not two, can not literally be thought, but can be thought of as a way to inspect thoughts and dispel beliefs and conditioning. That might look like investigating one’s own “claims”. Not claims as in I’m saying you’re asserting anything to be particularly true, but ‘claims’ as in, beliefs, and maybe ‘collective claims’, or even to investigate inquiries ‘themselves’ in regard to what seems to be true as in, a given. Like that the earth revolves around the sun. Paradox comes to mind as a means of investigating thoughts and beliefs. It is as true to say the earth does not revolve around the sun, as it is to say the earth revolves around the sun. If that sounds outlandish or ridiculous, one can look at that differently, very openmindedly, and consider maybe there is something worthwhile to seeing the seemingly untrue side of a paradox, is equally as true. 

That might look like… 

What i mean is different from ego. You could still call it ego of course.

What I mean is ego. 

You could never call it ego of course. 

What i mean is why do i have a vessel body that is human and why does this human has these characteristics and not others or biological differences and tendencies from other humans and why was i born where i was born.

You don’t have a vessel body that is human and there is no reason, and this human doesn’t have any characteristics, therefore there aren’t other biological differences nor tendencies from other humans or other anything, and you weren’t born, and thus weren’t born anywhere. 

These things are not me but i live looking through these eyes. Why do i have this pov instead of something else? Maybe i'm the whole ocean but at the same time i only experience this particular drop. Why do i experience this drop and not another one?

These things are you, and you do not live looking through these eyes. You don’t have a pov, you aren’t the whole ocean, there is no time, you don’t experience a this particular drop. There is no experience of a this drop and you’re actually experiencing another drop. 

My pov is a separation. Why did i separate in the first place?

You don’t have a pov, there is no separation, and there is no first place. 

I must had a good reason. Why would i want to end the separation if i wanted to separate? 

You must have have had a bad reason or no reason at all, you wouldn’t want to end separation, there is no separation, there isn’t anyone who wanted to separate, there isn’t anyone who want to unify. 

What will my next pov be? Am i all povs? There is no 'my' next pov i guess.

Your next pov will be the previous pov, there isn’t an all pov’s, there is a my next pov. 

Still i can't grasp it. I feel like a fly in a soup.

You can gras it, you are a fly in a soup. 

See the mind expanding ‘exercise’ in this. Vs questioning if what’s said is right or wrong, true or false. 

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

What is ego, such that it could be said what is or isn’t ego? No one knows because an ego has never actually been observed. It’s always an assumption. It’s circular, because it’s thoughts. Similar to bigfoot (no offensive if anyone has seen one 😅) or a unicorn. There are thoughts about these, but there is no perception of these. Put another way, there is no actuality of these. It’s more like a rumor than something which could or would ever be found. 

Reincarnation is very similar. To realize the truth in regard to reincarnation, is to realize as, to see, to glimpse, be, or being infinity (all just pointing terms) and never having actually been anything other than infinity. Infinity is also a pointing, and not a defining term. 

Nonduality, not two, can not literally be thought, but can be thought of as a way to inspect thoughts and dispel beliefs and conditioning. That might look like investigating one’s own “claims”. Not claims as in I’m saying you’re asserting anything to be particularly true, but ‘claims’ as in, beliefs, and maybe ‘collective claims’, or even to investigate inquiries ‘themselves’ in regard to what seems to be true as in, a given. Like that the earth revolves around the sun. Paradox comes to mind as a means of investigating thoughts and beliefs. It is as true to say the earth does not revolve around the sun, as it is to say the earth revolves around the sun. If that sounds outlandish or ridiculous, one can look at that differently, very openmindedly, and consider maybe there is something worthwhile to seeing the seemingly untrue side of a paradox, is equally as true. 

That might look like… 

What I mean is ego. 

You could never call it ego of course. 

You don’t have a vessel body that is human and there is no reason, and this human doesn’t have any characteristics, therefore there aren’t other biological differences nor tendencies from other humans or other anything, and you weren’t born, and thus weren’t born anywhere. 

These things are you, and you do not live looking through these eyes. You don’t have a pov, you aren’t the whole ocean, there is no time, you don’t experience a this particular drop. There is no experience of a this drop and you’re actually experiencing another drop. 

You must have have had a bad reason or no reason at all, you wouldn’t want to end separation, there is no separation, there isn’t anyone who wanted to separate, there isn’t anyone who want to unify. 

Your next pov will be the previous pov, there isn’t an all pov’s, there is a my next pov. 

See the mind expanding ‘exercise’ in this. Vs questioning if what’s said is right or wrong, true or false. 

Damn! You didn't hold back on this one Phil! This verse was dope.

You did hold back on this one Phil. This verse was wack.

Mind blown from this exercise. Thank you!

52 minutes ago, MazE said:

@Faith 

As apparently real as the waking state... 

I think i get it now... your post was amazing thank you.

Your welcome! I'm glad it helped. 

Nameste 🙏

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:58 AM, Faith said:

My take (which means this is what I think and if you disagree noooooo problem), is that there's a difference between what we typically think we are and what we "really" are. For those that have awakened then for the most part, as long as you haven't fallen back to sleep (firefly stage), you know you're awareness. 

So, the mind/body is just "apparently" real, it's apparent "name and form" that changes within our true Self, awareness.

We, awareness, have this silly notion that we are an independent, "person". It seems we are a person, but people are constantly changing, aging, are born and die, etc.

I seem to be the one "aware of" the endless changes, the coming and going, but I never "go" anywhere! While the apparent person is endlessly on the move with its thoughts, feelings, emotions, body...practically non-stop! 

Like a movie playing on a movie screen, the ornaments made of gold, the pots made of clay or waves dancing upon the ocean, they are one thing appearing as divided. That's no different then what happening here, except, we, awareness, have convinced ourselves we are this little "me" apparent character, because we are associated with it so closely.  It is made by us, out of us and is within us.. .it is me (awareness), but I'm not it, like the hand is part of the person, but the person is not just the hand. 

This "apparent" reality isn't just the apparent person, but an apparent universe AND an apparent afterlife or loka(s). So, this is as "apparently" real as all the other apparently real "stuff", thats where transmigrating subtle-bodies would come into play.

However, for those that know of themselves as simply awareness and know they were truly never born and will never die, then the afterlife and transmigrating subtle bodies is just a fairy tale that is only "apparently" real, but I suppose it's as real or not, as the waking state. 

As always, take what you like and leave the rest. 😊

This one sparks joy. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Phil said:

My mind just blew up. 😂😂 i dont get any of this. Phil, please record video about reincarnation. Your movies are muuuch easier to grasp. Am i The only only one?😂😁

@Forza21 @Kevin

On 4/22/2022 at 6:51 PM, Phil said:

It’s always an assumption. It’s circular, because it’s thoughts

Reincarnation is a thought. In looking to thought for the “true thoughts” and “not true thoughts”, it’s assumed you’re the thinker. But look to feeling and perception. You are that. “Person” is just another thought. 

There is video about This. 

On 5/13/2022 at 4:39 PM, Phil said:

Reincarnation is a thought.

Because reincarnation is about the future and the past. What exists now (in this idea) is incarnation.  Reincarnation (re-incarnation) is a thought about the repetition of incarnation.  

So, do we know what incarnation is? Literally it means "Embodied in flesh; given a bodily, especially a human, form; personified."  But what is embodied, is there a 'you' inside your body? If so then perhaps this 'you' can inhabit other bodies before & after this one. But if the duality of self and body is questioned, the issues of incarnation and re-incarnation are likewise questioned.  

It's like this all comes as a package: thoughts >> thinker >> thinker inhabiting the fleshy body, separate from it and wants to survive after body death (incarnation/reincarnation). 

Inbetween thoughts, then doesn't it all stop? No thoughts, no thinker, no  body, birth nor death.  No incarnation nor reincarnation.  Reincarnation is when the thinker thinks again, or in your explanation @Phil the dreamer dreams.  In my case, it's hundreds of times per day 😄 

Although I'm reluctant to guess other people's intentions, I suspect this isn't what most folks are after when asking about reincarnation. There's a wondering about what the experience will be like when the body dies. Will the mind continue?  I have no memory of experience or awareness prior to the form of Links and it's interesting to read about what happens to people under hypnosis, regression etc. I can't really answer questions about predicting the future or explaining the past, to which I have no evidence. 

Edited by Links