I am the only conscious being in Universe

Alexander

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

You've deluded yourself into thinking that feeling good is the compass of truth . That's false . Truth is indiscriminate. 

The "indiscriminateness of truth" is what you're feeling every second. You've never felt anything but who you are. That's why feeling is guidance. You have only ever felt God.

Happiness is the truth brother.

Do you really think you'll ever be happy if you don't accept that Truth = happiness?

The ego is the assumption that Truth is too good to be true.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

@Someone here

If I were in your shoes I would get as much ‘outside’ ‘objective’ perspective as possible in regard to these things you’re saying. Someone entirely unrelated like a therapist, GPT, or a friend or family member with their head on straight. Don’t underestimate years of conjecture/suppression on top of preexisting conditioning and how this skews interpretation. That feeling-good isn’t truth is sad to hear my man. I think the more outside perspectives the better. Well-being, first & foremost. 

@Alexander

I am the only conscious being in Universe”. 

That’s a belief btw. Solipsism. 

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

@Someone here What do you really want, above all else?

Are you sure you wanna know ? Are you ?

I want to fuck a hot American redhead in her butthole. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

If I were in your shoes I would get as much ‘outside’ ‘objective’ perspective as possible in regard to these things you’re saying. Someone entirely unrelated like a therapist, GPT, or a friend or family member with their head on straight. Don’t underestimate years of conjecture/suppression on top of preexisting conditioning and how this skews interpretation. That feeling-good isn’t truth is sad to hear my man. I think the more outside perspectives the better. Well-being, first & foremost. 

Explain why well being is more important than truth .

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

They’re one & the same

If that's the case then why are you saying I should put well being first ? First relative to what exactly? 

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

The intellectual investment in spiritual bypassing is the emotional suppression & overlooking of deteriorating bodily health. (Also one & the same.) 

Honestly no idea what you are saying 😅

It's fine to explore the infinite using the finite (linguistic ideas or even imaginings), and I would never want to discourage people from exploring in this way, but at some point it starts to look like trying to solve a bigger problem with a smaller, limited tool set.  In other words -- on the one hand explore, but on the other hand when you realize the limitation of what you construct, you'll be humble about it too.  You can have both a desire to speculate coupled with taking it tentatively, so you don't fall into the "true believer" club.  You can use ideas without the ideas doing you.  I do believe that you become what you think about.  You create what you loop on.  This is something I don't think many people consider in my experience.  If you think about Hell all the time and loop on that, Hell will become a centerpiece of your creation.  It's law of attraction basically.  You're "seeding" the Infinite and it's mirroring your "seeding" back to you.  Solipsism is a story, it's a metaphysical rule set.  It's like trying to create infinity with a set of rulers.  That's the assumption that "one right rule set" captures infinity.  It's so tempting to do this.  One thing you can do is practice not knowing.  Practice wonder.  Practice keeping your judgment heeled like a good dog and just stay open.  This is a good counter-balance to trying to capture air in a butterfly net by hunting for the one right philosophy to try to capture and own the infinite with finite underpinnings.

Leo does this in this video.  He thinks infinity can be reduced to philosophy, or at least says one should consider this thesis.  Leo encourages people to do this because he does it, but I actually think it misleads a lot of people because it's too knowing heavy and doesn't wobble the knowing vs./and not knowing duality enough.  He tries to capture the infinite with metaphysics in this video.  Trying to guide people out of doing this when they're trapped here on the path is very challenging.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Honestly no idea what you are saying 😅

Haven't you noticed that "being accurate" or "correct" feels bad sometimes? The desire to be accurate or correct in your way of thinking is intellectual investment, which is contradicted by your experience and emotions.

It is not a coincidence that solipsism makes you feel lonely. It is also not a coincidence that not thinking about solipsism removes your loneliness, despite your supposedly "solipsistic experience" not changing. Why does thinking make the difference, if solipsism is truly experiential and beyond thinking?

The more you think about it the more true it will become and the more mindfucked about it you will become. 

Try to forget about it and not think about it deeply. 

What do you lose or gain when you think about other people? What do you lose or gain when you try to forget about it? Why does it feel better to forget?

Edited by Enlightened Cat

Describe a thought.

Why do you guys care about all these nonesense concepts and mental masturbation? This reminds me of the kind of topics you’d find on actualized.. stupid bs designed to make you feel superior.. intellectualizing to death about things that you can only understand when you see the limits of your intellect 

Is finding whether Solipsism is true going to make your life better? Will you be more joyful and peaceful when it turns out to be true/false? 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

As to where I’m headed, a dreamboard, as to guidance getting there, emotion(s). 

How are emotions the guidance?

Is it based on joy/anger/annoyance - because they are telling you what you need to work on? For example when you get angry - you examine why you are getting angry and it brings you a step closer to where you should be? Layer by layer peeling the onion? 

Edited by Rose

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

Why man,why?

Integrating the dark side of the human is an aspect of shadow work.  It's the dark side of the body.  The dark side of the human Feminine.  This is how I frame it but you're free to come up with your own framing too.  There's a wobble between the light vs./and dark duality.  And this can apply to the human vs./and Divine duality too, as we commonly see.  This is where we start getting into shadow work and all of that.  It's a deep rabbit hole on the path as most of us and you know.  The project of integrating all aspects of reality.    

Edited by Joseph Maynor

13 hours ago, Enlightened Cat said:

Haven't you noticed that "being accurate" or "correct" feels bad sometimes? The desire to be accurate or correct in your way of thinking is intellectual investment, which is contradicted by your experience and emotions.

It is not a coincidence that solipsism makes you feel lonely. It is also not a coincidence that not thinking about solipsism removes your loneliness, despite your supposedly "solipsistic experience" not changing. Why does thinking make the difference, if solipsism is truly experiential and beyond thinking?

Because solipsism is thinking . Without thinking there cannot be solipsism. But guess what ..that's also the case with nonduality.  All worldviews must be skewed.  However..some are more representative of truth than others . Solipsism is a very powerful Epistemological stance . You can never ever disprove it .

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because solipsism is thinking . Without thinking there cannot be solipsism. But guess what ..that's also the case with nonduality.  All worldviews must be skewed.  However..some are more representative of truth than others . Solipsism is a very powerful Epistemological stance . You can never ever disprove it .

Because disproving anything involves more thinking, and thinking is NEVER truth.

47 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Anything wrong with that ? Don't you guys say write on the goddam board whatever the hell  you want without holding back ?

Yes, and there is nothing wrong with it, but it's not really the answer to my question.

What do you really want, above all else?

There must be an effortless way.