I am the only conscious being in Universe

Alexander

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Thanks & no worries at all! 

Maybe there’s some discordant emotion(s), stress, tension, etc behind that which there doesn’t have to be & it would be beneficial to explore, express & empty out / clear up / be freed of the discord. Only you can say brother. Uncovering intrinsic peace-happiness-love is really the only point. Not in an argument / trying to win a debate here. 😅 ♥️

Not meant in any sense ‘then you’d be better / more enlightened / more conscious / more awake’, just in terms of allowing more of your true nature, happiness, peacefulness, love, intelligence, etc. More peace of mind, more relaxed, clearer / less reactive experience / enjoying so called life more / attracting the relationships, experiences & ‘things’ you want more effortlessly & enjoyably. 

If you are the only thing that exists, by default of you being a thing, that means definable, finite, and that means there is some other thing or entity by which you’re discerning you are a thing. Try to see the kindergarten-level logic here. Definitely not meant in any insulting way, just, maybe you’ve gotten a little carried away with “existentialism” and “solipsism” etc. 

If you are the ‘only thing’, that would mean there isn’t, as ’this other thing’, existence. Nor ‘this other thing’, the sun. Nor ‘this other thing’, someone else who is or isn’t awake, or is or isn’t awake to certain levels or degrees, or ‘this other thing’ which knows this about, ‘these other things’ (beings, entities). 

Common. Sense. 

Because there is apparently only one “teacher” who rambles on endlessly in this uninspired insipid nonsensical prattle of an epistemology, at least consider what every other “teacher” ever said or is saying in this regard, and at least take five minutes to consider that’s actually just ‘normie’ thought attachment, belief, delusion.

This is not an accusation about a separate self, just a response to parroting delusion. A simple plea for intelligence. Consideration in regard to forsaking adopting a practice accredited with virtually countless & limitless mental, emotional & physiological benefits. Put another way, before you join in in throwing your health, well-being, and potential relationships in the garbage, at least take five minutes to actually contemplate what’s being said. Careful not to through simple common sense and obviousness out just to be liked, get a long, belong to a group or community or believe what someone is saying you know what I’m saying?

Much, much more so, please consider the simplicity & self-evidence of listening to feeling first, before, well-above and beyond what anybody is saying. Actually stop and think about what you’re saying about being the only thing, ideally before you say it. Just in case it isn’t clear / obvious - not for anyone else, not for this forum, for your own health, well-being & clarity (so to speak!). 

OK got it . Appreciate your time and effort to guide me and lead me to a better modality of existence. All nice &well. Thanks 

however  ..I MUST explain something..what I'm saying isn't exclusively based on Leo Gura's solipsism video (I'm not aware if you've listened to it or not ).

When it first got released..Leo took it down because he said most people aren't ready to hear this truth . But unfortunately or fortunately other youtube channels have uploaded it . So I listened to it .and it convinced me .

But now ..im not convinced of solipsism because of that video ..but because of hours on end of contemplation . Which is not theoretical armchair philosophizing  or mental masturbation.  So let me explain:

The world appears  as a bunch of different separate physical objects . Human bodies are separate from each other.  So when I say that "im the only thing that exists " I obviously don't mean my physical body..because obviously the physical body that I'm appearing as is NOT the only object in existence  . 

So..I'm not defining "I" as the physical body ...no no no...I'm defining " I" as THIS. The entire sphere of experience is I.  And that experience which is happening right now is obviously the only thing that exists .because there isnt little anything else in direct experience.  Check that this is true ! Anything other than what's occurring now in direct experience is thoughts/imagination/fantasy etc .

So only you exist..but how did you come to being ? either you created yourself..or you exist but are uncreated.

Can you remember creating yourself? (No.)

If you exist but are uncreated.. then aren’t you God?

Imo this is as best as I can explain. 

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

OK got it . Appreciate your time and effort to guide me and lead me to a better modality of existence. All nice &well. Thanks 

however  ..I MUST explain something..what I'm saying isn't exclusively based on Leo Gura's solipsism video (I'm not aware if you've listened to it or not ).

When it first got released..Leo took it down because he said most people aren't ready to hear this truth . But unfortunately or fortunately other youtube channels have uploaded it . So I listened to it .and it convinced me .

But now ..im not convinced of solipsism because of that video ..but because of hours on end of contemplation . Which is not theoretical armchair philosophizing  or mental masturbation.  So let me explain:

The world appears  as a bunch of different separate physical objects . Human bodies are separate from each other.  So when I say that "im the only thing that exists " I obviously don't mean my physical body..because obviously the physical body that I'm appearing as is NOT the only object in existence  . 

So..I'm not defining "I" as the physical body ...no no no...I'm defining " I" as THIS. The entire sphere of experience is I.  And that experience which is happening right now is obviously the only thing that exists .because there isnt little anything else in direct experience.  Check that this is true ! Anything other than what's occurring now in direct experience is thoughts/imagination/fantasy etc .

So only you exist..but how did you come to being ? either you created yourself..or you exist but are uncreated.

Believing you're the only conscious being in the universe is no different than believing there are other conscious beings in the universe.

♾️

@Someone here if direct experience is really felt into (not by journaling or contemplating about it, but actually feeling into the moment - meditation): theres no possibility for there to be anything at all and never was.

So saying I'm the only conscious being or MY experience is the only one that's true is delusion.

♾️

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

Believing you're the only conscious being in the universe is no different than believing there are other conscious beings in the universe.

It's not a belief. It's something you can become directly conscious of without a shred of a doubt .

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Someone here if direct experience is really felt into (not by journaling or contemplating about it, but actually feeling into the moment - meditation): theres no possibility for there to be anything at all and never was.

So saying I'm the only conscious being or MY experience is the only one that's true is delusion.

Of course. Because thoughts suggest existence. You can stop thoughts (not easily done though) but you cannot stop existence from existing. 

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You’re welcome! 🙏🏼 Much more so though - nothing is hidden! 

Same here. Not sure why that “teacher” or framing came to mind. 

When it first got released..Leo took it down because he said most people aren't ready to hear this truth .

😂 Love is the truth - the absence of “people”! You are not a person!

At the very least - unity! Not delusion (separatism, solipsism, isolation, elitism & exclusivity).

How it feels… like, duh, right!?

But unfortunately or fortunately other youtube channels have uploaded it . So I listened to it .and it convinced me .

Yes and paradoxically it takes time, sometimes years, for healing from cults / cult psychology / mental & emotional manipulation to occur.

Start now man. 🙏🏼 

The world appears  as a bunch of different separate physical objects . Human bodies are separate from each other. 

Theoretical armchair philosophizing  or mental masturbation. 😅

Based on conjecture & assumption.  

Inspect. Question thoughts / what you’re saying.  🙏🏼 

So when I say that "im the only thing that exists " I obviously don't mean my physical body..because obviously the physical body that I'm appearing as is NOT the only object in existence  . 

Understood. ‘Thing’ is what the response was to. Inspect what ‘my physical body’ actually is as to if ‘it’s’ an object at all, let alone not the only object. 

So..I'm not defining "I" as the physical body ...no no no...I'm defining " I" as THIS. 

Inspect the a priori ‘definer’. 

That is the alleged Bigfoot (separate self), the knower. 

The entire sphere of experience is I. 

That’s another parroting of a concept. It isn’t true / accurate, it’s conjecture. 

And that experience which is happening right now is obviously the only thing that exists

Bit stuck on things apparently. 

.because there isnt little anything else in direct experience.  Check that this is true ! Anything other than what's occurring now in direct experience is thoughts/imagination/fantasy etc .

Yes! Include all of what you’re claiming in this. 

When you (so to speak) talk about God, you reveal its (everything you’re saying) belief based, egocentric. 

On the premise "I am the only conscious being in the Universe"?  Why does Being have to be you?  Maybe Atman is not equal to Brahman.  Maybe You is a complete illusion as Spinoza thought; namely, that God ain't you, you don't actually exist.  The Advaita Vedanta idea that God = You is not set in stone anywhere for anyone, it's a consideration amongst considerations on the path or your path.  Every person has to face these issues for themselves and come up with their own answer in my judgment.  And then the answer is not needed after awhile.  You're free to be whether there's "the guidance" or not.  You have to get beyond some of the rhetoric around these matters in my judgment.  Especially for someone like you who's in my judgment pretty advanced on the path.  People want their blah blah to be permanent and true for others as well as themselves.  We aren't that smart or wise in how we consider the relation between language and Infinity.  We limit ourselves thinking that we're freeing or advancing ourselves.  But this is just more blah blah.  We can't avoid this issue.  We point and try to point earnestly, that's the best we can do.  But it's important to be humble about this too, see.  We take ourselves and our lingos so seriously.  Everyone does this too, so it's not useful to point to others (or "pick at" others) as it were  The wiser perspective is to look within in how you participate in this too.  Catch yourself from making the same or similar errors that others make from the vantage point of your perspective or point of view.  There's only so far I can relate with someone who refuses to think for themselves.  And I'm well aware of this issue.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 1/22/2024 at 10:30 PM, Rose said:

How are emotions the guidance?

What’s wanted?

What emotion is felt?

Not concepts. What emotion? One word is best. 

Is it based on joy/anger/annoyance - because they are telling you what you need to work on?

No. Those are thoughts about someone else. 

For example when you get angry - you examine why you are getting angry and it brings you a step closer to where you should be? Layer by layer peeling the onion? 

Ever actually gotten angry?

From where exactly did you get it?

Who’s telling you where you should be?

Emotion is just how thoughts feel. 

No concepts. Just thoughts, and emotion; guidance for thoughts. Manifesting.