Israel Gaza Conflict megathread - is there a possibility of world War 3?

fopylo

@fopylo there are conflicts going on all over the planet all the time. Theres never been a single moment throughout history where there wasnt some war or terrorist activity. Its horrible sure, I used to freak out about stuff like this but not anymore. I can't tell you why honestly but the worrying just stopped. I'd only take action if my life or the lives of the surrounding people in my area are being directly threatened. 

Otherwise, worrying / fear-mongering isn't helping anyone. 😕 

Although im curious to look into it just so I'm filled in on what's going on.

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Here's a video covering this in detail without News Network BS:

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Orb Bro, I live in Israel. Easy to say those things when you sit comfortably in the US. Luckily I'm not in a dangerous area, but other people are, some people I know. In such a state of collective panic it is hard not to freak out from every small thing. During the war, for the first time I'm hearing helicopters flying above I jumped and gave a look, first time a car drives by my heart sank, man far away screaming on his phone really scared me (I thought there was a scream for you know what, but it didn't quite make sense for me geographically), as well as missile explosions. You just can't avoid the fear. Fear sucks you in, all that news.

I know that constantly consuming all that news doesn't help as much as to just keep feeding on to this need for filling the void of uncertainty.

Again, this isn't some terror attack (which is still horrible). This is WAR.

@Mandy

I'll say it again - I am at a safe place geographically relative to the fellow people of the north and near Gaza. Right now it's ok, on my behalf. Other people are going through other crazy shit.

I'm really surprised ya'll (referring to the other people as well) aren't really aware of this HOT topic going on. Literally America is sending us help and most of Europe are supporting us. I'm doing my best not to make it a controversial political post. All I care for now is that the war will end. Too many people are going through traumas. What I'll say though is this - I am at peace with my fellow Palestinian civilians, the Muslims, and the Christians... NOT with TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS like Hamas and Hezbollah - They are not Islam, they are blind terrorists.

At this point I'm just ranting, yeah I know, diving into the fear. I'll stop ranting and probably not do good to anyone really.

I suggest ya'll see a bit on social media what's going on.

Hard to stay sane when there are people going missing.

23 hours ago, Orb said:

Here's a video covering this in detail without News Network BS:

Nah bro this is like so fucking general. I've just heard a few seconds of it, let me correct it:

They surprised an attack and killed hundreds, and it took TIME until forces started taking care of stuff. Hamas was basically killing for like 8 hours until forces came to rescue. A few hours later then Israel retaliated to attack Gaza. Watch more videos on it for better perspective

6 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Orb Bro, I live in Israel. Easy to say those things when you sit comfortably in the US. Luckily I'm not in a dangerous area, but other people are, some people I know. In such a state of collective panic it is hard not to freak out from every small thing. During the war, for the first time I'm hearing helicopters flying above I jumped and gave a look, first time a car drives by my heart sank, man far away screaming on his phone really scared me (I thought there was a scream for you know what, but it didn't quite make sense for me geographically), as well as missile explosions. You just can't avoid the fear. Fear sucks you in, all that news.

I know that constantly consuming all that news doesn't help as much as to just keep feeding on to this need for filling the void of uncertainty.

Again, this isn't some terror attack (which is still horrible). This is WAR.

Hey man, good to know at least youre in a safer place farther away from the chaos. I thought you were living somewhere else which is why I said worrying/ fear mongering won't help anyone, but of course if youre in the country where this is happening its understandable that you'd be feeling concern, anyone here would. 

War is awful. Im sorry about what youre going through I can't imagine the stress felt over there 😕

Find whatever way to feel less stressed out, even if it's just by a little bit. Stay sharp, stay as cool/calm/collected as possible. Hard times make us stronger and build character.

There's a higher intelligence within you that'll keep you safe, it'll guide you to make whatever decision is necessary in the moment, even if it seems like a hard decision, trust in that.

Ive never been in a war before but I knew people in my family who went through war-related stuff, my great grandfather moved to the USA when there was a civil war in his country and chaos ensued, shit gets rough sometimes.

And also if it helps: Try prayer, just open up to God/Source and let his words flow through you, basically allowing Loving Positive thoughts to arise. 

Also: You can pull out a journal and write out all the problems you think youre facing, and for each problem write out some kind of solution no matter how small it is. Focusing on the solutions makes you feel more grounded and like you at least have some kind of plan/direction to go into. 

3 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Orb Thanks for the kind words man. Going to sleep soon. Hope for better times

God loves you so much 💙🙏🥹. Rest well bro. 

10 hours ago, fopylo said:

I'm really surprised ya'll (referring to the other people as well) aren't really aware of this HOT topic going on

I think everyone here is aware.

Unfortunately its no surprise this is happening looking at how the Palestinians have been treated throughout the years by a force incomparably larger 😕 Its completely tragic what happened to innocent Israelis, but now innocent Palestinians are already getting killed and suffering in numbers 100(probably 1000) fold what happened to Israel, as is always the case. I feel worry for what will happen to the Palestinians now. 

Good to hear you are safe where you are. 

Seems to me like just a continuation of the history of Israel, already starting from the history scribed in the holy books. It's not the first war and wouldn't bet for it to be the last. Lots of ego is projected on that particular land. Stuff like "holy land" and "holy covenant".

How can something holy be attacked or in doubt?

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

@WhiteOwl

Differentiate between Palestinians and Hamas.

There is a difference between supporting Palestinian freedom (which you have the right to), and supporting Hamas.

Supporting Hamas is basically supporting WWII.

Oh, did I mention they took hostage/killed lots of foreigners as well?

@Blessed2

These are matters for after the war. The priority now is to protect and get rid of the TERRORISTS

@fopylo I dont support the killing of innocent civilians at a festival or anywhere else, its completely tragic. But the attack is a symptom of something else, like always with "terrorist" attacks. 

Now is not the time to dive deep into this discussion i think. Happy you are safe. 

55 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

It's hard to even imagine what you're going through. I hope the best for you. 🙏

Yep it is. 😕

Now imagine what the people of Palestine are going through.. i don't think you would want to be there.

32 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Now imagine what the people of Palestine are going through.. i don't think you would want to be there.

Yeah, and what they've been going through for centuries.

I agree with @fopylo in that it's on point to not equate Hamas with Palestine liberation movement/thought. Hamas seems (at least to me) to be an islamist terrorist organization, like ISIS or Taliban. What we're seeing today is not a liberal revolution, this is a jihadist attack.

I'm not that familiar with the Israel / Palestine thing, but from what I do "understand", I'm all in for the well-being / liberation of Palestine and goodness / happiness for both sides. But Hamas isn't that. Like one popular youtuber said, "Palestine deserves better than Hamas."

💗

There must be an effortless way.

@fopylo stay safe bro 🙏

Take solace in the truth & the message of common sense. Compassion for ignorance resonates & draws upon being (the only certainty). 

When news (experience) doesn’t resonate with the nature of being, don’t ignore or deny experience, but put the emphasis on being. ‘Return’ as needed to direct experience, being mindful not to spider web into ‘what if’s’ based on unknowns.  

Stay informed. Slow down & breathe deeply and consciously to feel and process more fully & efficiently.

Offer and allow the receiving of support… prioritizing mental, emotional and physical well being. 

Fundamentals like diet, exercise, meditation, connecting with loved ones and even hobbies and interests really shine in more difficult times.

If & when you are at your wit’s end or the stress is at max, do simple routine activities like taking a shower, cutting your nails, folding clothes, cleaning / organizing a closet, shaving etc. These provide a sense of control and familiarity. 

@fopylo you okay?