Anyone Wanna Do Sober October?

14 minutes ago, Reborn said:

I tried cutting out coffee, but after several months of sobriety I've started to drink it again, and basically saw no difference in anything. Cutting out coffee is sorta like trying to completely cut out eating pizza, or something equally as harmless, basically makes no tangible difference to your life healthwise if you don't engage in it, in fact chances are it might make it worse if you cut it out, rather than better, since coffee can make you feel less tired and more productive

I think it depends on the person and how sensitive you are to it. Coffee makes my heart race and can give me almost anxiety if i have a little too much. I usually only drink it if i didn't sleep or have a hangover. I love the taste though so i drink decaf sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Orb said:

but benzo use seems completely nonsensical. 

We're talking about multiple psychiatric disorders here. Stuff that is much beyond our "normal" scope of understanding.

I agree that pills like that are not miracles, but we gotta do what we gotta do, to read the room.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

7 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

We're talking about multiple psychiatric disorders here.

I agree that pills like that are not miracles, but we gotta do what we gotta do, to read the room.

Idk man. Benzos are notorious for causing something called "rebound anxiety" which basically means the anxiety gets worse over time because the body becomes dependent on benzos to relax itself. I'm talking like panic attacks and heart pounding rebound anxiety.

So it creates a cycle where this seeming anxiety issue is further solidified because of the rebound anxiety and the patient needs a higher to dose to manage their supposed anxiety issue. Sounds like a business to make a bunch of money imo.

I'm not saying anxiety doesn't arise, just that to turn it into an identity and then medicate it, and then the medication makes the anxiety worse making it further seem like it really is an anxiety disorder seems fishy. 

I've tried benzos, that shit is no joke man, imo that stuff should only be used if you're going through a panic attack or some really serious situation. 

I'm not a "professional" or anything, but seems fishy. 

Just like with adhd meds, I was tested and diagnosed with adhd and took meds for nearly a year, wasn't worth it in the long run ime.

♾️

2 hours ago, Alexander said:

I am taking them for 2 years straight.Definitely I will ask psychiatrist to slowly taper me off.I had anxiety and she prescribed me ativan(lorazepam) I am taking 2 pills of 2.5 mg per day didn't know that they cause health damage but I knew they cause dependence.

It's all good man, I know the stuff I said got real serious sounding but paradoxically I'd stay cool and just slowly taper. I'm sure you'll do just fine 🙂.

♾️

46 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

don't you get that i'm trying to just match your own hyperbole in an attempt to balance things out here?

I'm just referencing my own experience with phenibut. Yes occasional use is fine if you don't get hooked on it. But phenibut is not safe to take on a daily basis like I did. 

If you use it for months occasionally yes that's fine, when I said I used it for months I'm talking about on a daily basis and my dose got progressively higher and frequency too, like twice per day sometimes. 

♾️

1 hour ago, Reborn said:

I tried cutting out coffee, but after several months of sobriety I've started to drink it again, and basically saw no difference in anything. Cutting out coffee is sorta like trying to completely cut out eating pizza, or something equally as harmless, basically makes no tangible difference to your life healthwise if you don't engage in it, in fact chances are it might make it worse if you cut it out, rather than better, since coffee can make you feel less tired and more productive

It totally depends on the person. If someone is experiencing any anxiety or even considering taking medications for it, no caffeine seems the obvious and often overlooked first step. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

It totally depends on the person. If someone is experiencing any anxiety or even considering taking medications for it, no caffeine seems the obvious and often overlooked first step. 

That is true, I've switched to matcha (although it still has caffeine, but it releases it slower), and only do coffee now in emergencies. I've been noticing how coffee literally makes me jittery. 

Also natural remedies like valerian help 

Also, I wouldn't go black and white with this, you can get off the medication slowly, have a few alternatives ready, take half the doze, or take it when nothing else works

Edited by Rose