Anyone Wanna Do Sober October?

I'm kinda late on this but interested if anyone wants to do a fun experiment by cutting off all substances for the remaining days of October. This includes coffee too. 

You'd cut off everything and make sure to socialize more and exercise and eat healthy. You can post your results here if you're interested. 

But yea it's just a fun experiment.

♾️

6 hours ago, Rose said:

Just leaving this here for some motivation 🙃

BF50A028-8333-44E4-990B-0C88AA482ABD.png

As for the coffee, your skin will look beautiful.. and you won’t need to wear a deodorant.. it’s crazy that coffee is affecting so much how our sweat smells 😳

I am prescribed benzos this is the picture I didn't wanted to see.Maybe I will speak with my psychiatrist to slowly taper me off of them .

9 hours ago, Alexander said:

I am prescribed benzos this is the picture I didn't wanted to see.Maybe I will speak with my psychiatrist to slowly taper me off of them .

Oh yea dude benzos have HORRIBLE withdrawals. You can have a seizure if you stop abruptly. Idk why the hell they prescribe those drugs, it doesn't cure anxiety in fact it numbs it and increases the rebound anxiety later on.

"Oh you have anxiety? Sure here's a drug to numb that feeling for a few hours and make your body so dependent on it you can have seizures if you stop." 

♾️

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

Oh yea dude benzos have HORRIBLE withdrawals. You can have a seizure if you stop abruptly. Idk why the hell they prescribe those drugs, it doesn't cure anxiety in fact it numbs it and increases the rebound anxiety later on.

"Oh you have anxiety? Sure here's a drug to numb that feeling for a few hours and make your body so dependent on it you can have seizures if you stop." 

I am taking them for 2 years straight.Definitely I will ask psychiatrist to slowly taper me off.I had anxiety and she prescribed me ativan(lorazepam) I am taking 2 pills of 2.5 mg per day didn't know that they cause health damage but I knew they cause dependence.

36 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I am taking them for 2 years straight.Definitely I will ask psychiatrist to slowly taper me off.I had anxiety and she prescribed me ativan(lorazepam) I am taking 2 pills of 2.5 mg per day didn't know that they cause health damage but I knew they cause dependence.

Yea personally I wouldn't mess with those man, I know it's taboo to call out the "health professionals", but benzo use seems completely nonsensical. 

They definitely work short term like using it one day but daily? Hell no, the rebound anxiety, the dependence, the withdrawals aren't worth it imo. 

I've taken benzos very rarely but on those days where I just took 1mg of Xanax I remember my cognition and memory going down the drain. I can't imagine that kind of substance daily. 

Just my experience man. 

♾️

27 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

@AlexanderPhenibut or gabapenton are safer and effective alternatives to Xanax, see if you can get on one of those.

I was actually addicted to phenibut for a few months, it was awful, I wouldny recommend it personally. The withdrawals also can induce seizures unfortunately. 

I was super lucky, I quit cold turkey on a 2.5 gram daily dosage and took L-Theanine as a substitute which was a miracle supplement. Never touched that stuff again that was nearly 4 years ago now.

♾️

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

I was actually addicted to phenibut for a few months, it was awful, I wouldny recommend it personally. The withdrawals also can induce seizures unfortunately. 

I was super lucky, I quit cold turkey on a 2.5 gram daily dosage and took L-Theanine as a substitute which was a miracle supplement. Never touched that stuff again that was nearly 4 years ago now.

i've taken it occasionally for years without forming a habit or any side effects.  sounds like maybe you have a very addictive personality, it's beginning to seem that way.  i wouldn't even think a few months is enough to develop a hardcore habit.  i've known lots of people who take it without experiencing anything like that.  

Edited by Jonas Long

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

i've taken it occasionally for years without forming a habit or any side effects.  sounds like maybe you have a very addictive personality, it's beginning to seem that way.  

If Alexander's using a benzo daily, switching to a substance that's nearly the same and using that on a daily basis just doesn't seem like the best idea. It would be like going from taking Xanax daily to drinking a shot every morning. 

Yea if you are able to use phenibut every once in a while and not get hooked that's fine, but Alexander's case is unique, he isn't looking to use phenibut occasionally, he would have to keep using it daily to avoid withdrawals. Just wouldn't change much imo. 

♾️

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

If Alexander's using a benzo daily, switching to a substance that's nearly the same and using that on a daily basis just doesn't seem like the best idea. It would be like going from taking Xanax daily to drinking a shot every morning. 

Yea if you are able to use phenibut every once in a while and not get hooked that's fine, but Alexander's case is unique, he isn't looking to use phenibut occasionally, he would have to keep using it daily to avoid withdrawals. Just wouldn't change much imo. 

according to doctors i've talked to, it is safer.  i've used it daily for periods of time as well.  you probably know better than them though.  look into gabapenton then maybe.  

Edited by Jonas Long

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

according to doctors i've talked to, it is safer.  you probably know better than them though.  look into gabapenton then maybe.  

Dude its like every thread you feel the need to slightly disrespect someone or be passive aggressive. Can you just tone it down for once? Not make any personal remarks for once? 

♾️

I tried cutting out coffee, but after several months of sobriety I've started to drink it again, and basically saw no difference in anything. Cutting out coffee is sorta like trying to completely cut out eating pizza, or something equally as harmless, basically makes no tangible difference to your life healthwise if you don't engage in it, in fact chances are it might make it worse if you cut it out, rather than better, since coffee can make you feel less tired and more productive

16 minutes ago, Reborn said:

I tried cutting out coffee, but after several months of sobriety I've started to drink it again, and basically saw no difference in anything. Cutting out coffee is sorta like trying to completely cut out eating pizza, or something equally as harmless, basically makes no tangible difference to your life healthwise if you don't engage in it, in fact chances are it might make it worse if you cut it out, rather than better, since coffee can make you feel less tired and more productive

I've been trying out matcha again, seeing how it goes. Preference wise it is a lot more chill compared to coffee.

♾️