Understanding Emotion Work

Orb

In this path why do we acknowledge emotion? I honestly don't know why. 

What part does emotion work play in the Self realization path? 

Is it like being able to access bliss whenever you want? Is it even better than that?

Why is acknowledgement of emotion crucial to the settling down of thought?

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Same as becoming aware of your breath or surroundings.  It's just another thing to become aware of.  

Why do people have so much trouble with that, with acknowledging emotion?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

1 minute ago, Orb said:

Why do people have so much trouble with that, with acknowledging emotion?

Depends.  Men are trained it isn't becoming for them to have or show too much of them, women(and anyone, but usually women) can get accused of being "too emotional" to be rational sometimes.  All different ways we are all incentivised to push them down generally. 

3 minutes ago, Reena said:

We've a culture where showing emotions is considered childish. 

Yes, normalizing emotions in our relationships and families is something that is really needed. The child cannot be integrated unless their emotions are allowed, and the parents wants to child to grow up so they don’t live in neverland forever, which in literal terms is using manipulation & deception to get love. 

Sometimes there can be a double bind where the parent isn’t allowing the child’s emotions, so the deceptive way of getting relative love is developed & isn’t deconstructed. The deceptive way of getting relative love is usually also running in the parent, as they never healed from it themselves. The parents unintegrated inner child, which can be found in a deceptive way of trying to get the child to respect them/ get love from the child.

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

Emotion is guidance, it's guidance for thought and indicates alignment. Taking attention off of thought and beliefs and listening to emotion is presence, wakefulness, awareness and allowance whereas believing thoughts unconsciously is what is often referred to as suffering. The self realization path is the absence of suffering, or heeding emotion, and feeling. We cannot say what it is the presence of as you ARE the presence and not the thoughts. Emotion moves toward pure feeling, awareness, real time, now, you cannot get ahead of yourself and suffer when you're being honest with how you feel right now in this moment. And it's the end of attempt to manipulate (or think more) out of it. 

Youtube Channel  

13 hours ago, Orb said:

In this path why do we acknowledge emotion? I honestly don't know why. 

You innocently inadvertently place your hand on a hot stove. 

You feel the burn. 

You remove your hand from the stove. 

Did understanding play any role at all?

Was there any work involved?

Was there a path to removing your hand from the stove? 

How much thinking about a hand and a stove was necessary? 

Thoughts arise on behalf of a separate or second self; misunderstanding, misinterpretation, misidentification. 

You feel the suffering. 

You remove attention, focus, awareness from the discordant thoughts. 

Did understanding play any role at all?

Was there any work involved?

Was there a path to removing attention from the discordant thoughts? 

How much thinking about a self and suffering was necessary? 

13 hours ago, Orb said:

What part does emotion work play in the Self realization path? 

Is the discord of the thought that there is a path to yourself felt? 

What understanding will result in that you are you?      Awareness, consciousness, love - and not even. 

What work will result in that you are you?      Did you not ‘come here’ to create? 

What path can be taken to arrive at yourself?     In sharing yourself with your creation, can you run out of yourself or is there only more, and more, and more? 

Does thinking or believing there is a path to yourself result in there being a path to yourself?  What is it like to fill your creation with the ‘substance’ of you?  

13 hours ago, Orb said:

Why is acknowledgement of emotion crucial to the settling down of thought?

Dishonest thoughts, actions & behaviors are discordant with the truth, or, the entity. 

Ruminations, strategies of thought arise; deflection, conceptualizations, justifications, rationalizations, projections, theories, doctrines, philosophies; the activity of thought. 

Does the apparent ever become that which is appearing? 

Does the added thinking remove the hand from the stove, end the suffering, the discord? 

Does the activity of thought ever create that you are already presence, truthfull, sincere… or does ‘it’ veil what’s sought? 

13 hours ago, Orb said:

Is it like being able to access bliss whenever you want? Is it even better than that?

If there is bliss, and there is… unconditional love, self, (truth is ineffable, ‘words’ can only seemingly point)… it would be dishonest and discordant to believe there is a separate or second thing or self which is not bliss… which could somehow ‘access’ bliss.

That which is unconditional, unthinkable, unbelievable, incomprehensible… is appearing as the thoughts, as conditions… veiling itself with the activity of itself - so called thinking (a belief). 

Thinking does not lead to that which is already present and not thinking. 

Doing does not lead to that which is already present and not doing. 

The conditions believed this can be gotten to are the very veiling of this. 

The ever-elusive nonexistent illusory assumed separate self - of thoughts. 

What ‘role’ do emotions, does guidance play?

There is no world. No universe. No other(s). No separation. No physicality. No time. No space. No life. None of this is felt. 

Thoughts about, are felt. 

Or not.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream… merrily, merrily, merrily… 🤍

I'm so done with this forum.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Peepee hard why girl don't touch peepee?  

Is that better? 

Fuck off

Just now, Jonas Long said:

Lol

Your condescending attitude is annoying. You don't know shit about me.

Edited by Orb

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

I'm so done with this forum.

Every morning, simply write the emotions you are experiencing.

During breakfast etc. Just the emotions.

For example, it might look like:

Fear, anger, worry, insecurity, boredom.

Just write whatever emotions you notice. It'll help a lot. No need to rise on the emotional scale or anything. Just write the emotions you feel.

Also, do ACIM Workbook. First get familiar with the Message & how it is presented / communicated in ACIM. For example, read Disappearance of the Universe by Gary Renard. If you don't feel like buying / reading another book, check out the threads I've started about ACIM.

Then start reading the Text and doing the Workbook at the same time. No more than one lesson a day max. Though you can keep a day or two or five or an entire week off. No hurry. Just remember no more than one lesson a day.

The Workbook is essential for the path. Like meditation. Train your mind for the Path. The Workbook is meant exactly for this. Do you know any other book on non-duality with a lesson for each day of the year? This might be exactly what you've been looking for. You might feel you want to put in more, and get more hands-on & active on the path. The Workbook is for you.

Also, ask for Jesus / Buddha / The Holy Spirit (they're the same) to guide you in the lessons. You will recieve guidance. You will be shocked with the specifity of the guidance as you go along.

There must be an effortless way.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

There is no world. No universe. No other(s). No separation. No physicality. No time. No space. No life. None of this is felt. 

Thoughts about, are felt

I agree . But then what follows from that?  How could this insight be utilised?  It seems like there is a universe..it's in thought ,yes ..but you as you always say "so to speak " we are bound to believe in the thought  story of a separate self living in a world with a real time trajectory moving from past to present to future etc 

@Blessed2 I'm not feeling good, I had a cup of coffee and now I'm anxious and feeling unstable. I'm going back to green tea. 

36 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Peepee hard why girl don't touch peepee?  

Is that better? 

What was this comment for? It had nothing to do with the thread topic. 

I shared a couple threads about being attracted to women and you create this silly characterization of me being some dumbass college kid who just wants pussy. 

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Blessed2 I'm not feeling good, I had a cup of coffee and now I'm anxious and feeling unstable. I'm going back to green tea. 

What was this comment for? It had nothing to do with the thread topic. 

I shared a couple threads about being attracted to women and you create this silly characterization of me being some dumbass college kid who just wants pussy. 

I wish I'd screenshot those posts of yours before you removed the thread, they were priceless.