Understanding Emotion Work

Orb

1 minute ago, Orb said:

I'm not feeling good, I had a cup of coffee and now I'm anxious and feeling unstable. I'm going back to green tea. 

Yeah tea is a lot better than coffee imo. Add some honey to the tea. Maybe one or two teaspoons. Honey is awesome.

I know this isn't connected to the topic of this thread, but how are you doing with the substance use in general? No need to answer if you don't want to, I just wanna share that I've been reading Allen Carr's Easyway books and they're really good. ❤️

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2 I stopped using all the substances a while ago actually. I've been clean, working out every morning, meditating every morning. I notice I experience bursts of anger lately like a few minutes ago.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

4 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I wish I'd screenshot those posts of yours before you removed the thread, they were priceless. 

Only priceless to you because you're a dumbass.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

Just now, Jonas Long said:

Are you saying I'm not intelligent enough to appreciate the depth of your observations about girls and your peepee? 

Yes, I had to repeat the same thing 3 times and you still didn't get it. So I used the word peepee in hopes it'd make sense for you. It still didn't. 

4 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Hey, I was just trying to show you ways you could transcend peepee, not be a slave to peepee, that's all.  I was 12 once, I understood. 

Lol you're in your 40s arguing with people half your age on the internet. You wanna talk to me about age?

I'm just gonna ignore you from now on. 

Edited by Orb

I'm sorry for losing it. 

I don't want to know anymore. I'm tired of all the spiritual knowledge, I'm tired of asking questions. 

I ask questions and I get more knowledge, I'm just not feeling it anymore, no more knowledge no more language. 

I get what I ask for, and I get more words that's all I wanted I don't want it anymore. 

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

I agree . But then what follows from that?  How could this insight be utilised?  It seems like there is a universe..it's in thought ,yes ..but you as you always say "so to speak " we are bound to believe in the thought  story of a separate self living in a world with a real time trajectory moving from past to present to future etc 

These are the thoughts referred to which are felt. It’s like asking what is the point of dispelling beliefs if you’re just gonna have the same beliefs. That you don’t is the point. Heaven. 

The thoughts are felt and they burn 🔥.  

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

But then what follows from that?  How could this insight be utilised?  It seems like there is a universe..it's in thought ,yes ..but you as you always say "so to speak " we are bound to believe in the thought  story of a separate self living in a world with a real time trajectory moving from past to present to future etc 

When an illusion is noticed to be an illusion (like when the magician's trick is unocvered), what happens to the illusion?

Maybe noticing that the world, universe, people, time, space etc. are simply beliefs is literally noticing they're simply beliefs.

Like when you believe in tooth fairy and then you notice it was just a belief and there never was a tooth fairy.

It's not like when you notice that a tooth fairy was a belief there still is a tooth fairy. There never was a tooth fairy!

There must be an effortless way.