Tempted to go Back to Eating Meat

21 hours ago, Orb said:

I want my body to feel strong and fortified. I've been doing a bunch of workouts but my body doesn't feel very strong still. It's also been a bit stressful to get all my nutrients like protein. I wanna feel better posture and stuff and stronger muscles. I just feel weaker overall

Weaker than before you started working out, or weaker when on non-meat diet compared to meat diet?

Also just wondering, did you eat the same amount of protein with a non meat diet, when comparing it to meat diet?

Also curious because I’m having an opposite experience. (Meat eating seems to result in general lethargy.) 

A good article if you’re looking for non-meat sources of protein. 

https://www.builtlean.com/protein-build-muscle/

There’s a list / chart towards the bottom. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Weaker than before you started working out, or weaker when on non-meat diet compared to meat diet?

Weaker on non meat diet. 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also just wondering, did you eat the same amount of protein with a non meat diet, when comparing it to meat diet?

Yes, roughly around the same amount, I ate a lot of tofu and peanut butter and beans daily. 

♾️

16 hours ago, Mandy said:

But still, Tony Robbins felt great on swordfish for breakfast so he ate it every morning until he didn't feel good at all because of mercury levels. 

I have read the same about people eating a lot of tuna. Personally I don't eat any seafood because of the heavy metals. I just take Algae oil grown on land for Omega 3.

3 hours ago, noomii said:

I have read the same about people eating a lot of tuna. Personally I don't eat any seafood because of the heavy metals. I just take Algae oil grown on land for Omega 3.

That is true. But seafood is also really healthy especially salmon. From what I've read, having seafood 3 times a week is pretty safe. 

♾️

I don't worry about heavy metals in a moderate amount of small fish like sardines, I eat two cups of wild blueberries a day, several apples and other foods that do a great job of removing them. Eating red meat in particular results in chronic pain that takes a week or more to show up. It took me a long time to make the connection. 

Youtube Channel  

59 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I don't worry about heavy metals in a moderate amount of small fish like sardines, I eat two cups of wild blueberries a day, several apples and other foods that do a great job of removing them. 

I get that blueberries and apples neutralize the damage, but I doubt they have the ability to actually remove the heavy metals. Show me how they do it.

Apologize this was not the point of the thread.

@noomii I eat them in a smoothie with dulse, cilantro and spirulina, and barley grass powder. A healthy diet with a few extras is all you need. Why are you concerned about heavy metals? I'm potentially exposed in my work with hot glass and some metals (which I've done over half my life now) and having fully renovated an older home. I don't worry about it, I love what I do, I just also take some steps to insure my health. 

Youtube Channel  

I intuit the kind of weak / unfulfilled feeling with vegan diet might also have something to do with salt. I've noticed if I eat only the loophole shake, there is a feeling of craving for more salt.

I've also noticed that vegan sushi seems to fill that "spot" many other vegan meals won't, even though it's not high in protein. Not sure why. Might be the salty soy sauce & seaweed or something.

It's actually quite weird. I feel like sushi fills me up very good, though I never really feel "stuffed", even if I eat like A LOT of it.

There must be an effortless way.

18 hours ago, noomii said:

I also doubt it's enough to neutralize any damage.

Sorry when I wrote this I was caught up in thinking of a treatment for people that have a problem with higher levels of heavy metals. I thought of what some people need to protect to some extent from oxidative damage. The same approach is most likely not needed for people that don't have the same issue with heavy metals. 

8 hours ago, Mandy said:

@noomii I eat them in a smoothie with dulse, cilantro and spirulina, and barley grass powder. A healthy diet with a few extras is all you need. Why are you concerned about heavy metals? 

Because I seem to experience toxicity and I'm doing a treatment for it. I don't believe that the method you use would work for me.

20 hours ago, Mandy said:

Eating red meat in particular results in chronic pain that takes a week or more to show up. It took me a long time to make the connection. 

Doesn't that work like expectation that you talked about?

I experience pain in my ears at night that wake me up but I thought that's because of emotional distress and tension.

@Blessed2 don't you use salt in other meals?

I like drinking water with himalaya salt sometimes when I crave it, tastes so good and makes me feel good too.

Its always most important to follow your body-consciousness above all else. Allow Intuition to guide you on what your body needs rather than what you hear or believe. Many people will often need a lot of time to fully transition into a lighter diet / lifestyle so it will always be a gradual process for most, like to slowly cut out things that no longer serve you and the greater good.

What you could do is try lesser 'dense' or karmic foods like sustainably raised animal products than factory farmed (which hold a lot of negative karma / suffering) that will have to be dealt with, and things like fish, sea foods or vegetation or ethically sourced eggs are a lighter option, or sometimes even more fattier plant-based foods like avocado, coconut, durian ect.. Potatoes or root vegetables sometimes help too as they are some of the more 'denser' vegetables and relate to grounding and strength, often you will find its not always the 'meat' you need, but sometimes it may be the case (to consume animal products infrequently) as you are still in transitional phase.

Dark leafy greens and nuts are said to be especially related to 'strength' and 'grounding'.  A few handful of greens and raw nuts a day should do it,  and if you don't like greens pack them into your protein shake or smoothie with other foods to 'mask' the taste.

So your cellular matrix may still require some animal products until further DNA activation is achieved.

One step at a time, you slowly cut things out and find a similar replacement that is similar in density. Often when leaving meat and animal products we need to replace with more fatty foods and proteins that will allow us to feel more grounded and stable as lighter foods will tend to activate and detoxify us quite rapidly, and some people are not always prepared for this, which can cause shock and trauma, thus resulting in the returning back to more animal products or even into such things as a result of trauma-backlash like the 'carnivore diet' which is absolutely opposite of the natural human diet because we are clearly not 'felines'.

I see it this way, feeling 'energized' and 'alive' is first and foremost and naturally, eventually results to being 'strong' if you utilize in that way.

Gaining larger muscles is a completely different category to being truly strong, some of the strongest people I know don't always have big muscles.

Edited by Pluto

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

@Orb I get what you mean by getting something from meat you don't seem to get from vegan diet. Not sure what it is tho. Been wondering if it's the texture one is just gotten used to in childhood or something. 🤔

On 6/1/2023 at 12:46 AM, Phil said:

Wonder if it’s the complete vs non complete proteins factor. 

Soy protein holds complete amino acids. 🤔 It's pretty good but there's still something that doesn't 'touch the spot' like meat does.

On 6/3/2023 at 9:07 AM, Pluto said:

One step at a time, you slowly cut things out and find a similar replacement that is similar in density. Often when leaving meat and animal products we need to replace with more fatty foods and proteins that will allow us to feel more grounded and stable as lighter foods will tend to activate and detoxify us quite rapidly, and some people are not always prepared for this, which can cause shock and trauma,

I might agree.

There is something "grounding" about meat and animal products.

Though I can see how vegan diet, especially raw, might cause some sudden 'withdrawal' symptoms.

On 6/2/2023 at 12:58 PM, noomii said:

I don't believe that the method you use would work for me.

On 6/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, Mandy said:

Then it won't. 

The reason I said that was because I've read about how cilantro doesn't work for removal of heavy metals (no known way of how to use it in a way that works).
Apparently a lot of people have reacted very badly to it when they already had high levels of heavy metals in the body. It just stirs around the metals in the body and doesn't get it out.
So because of that I just don't want to try it, the whole process would just take much longer.
I don't think it's just my own expectation about it.