What do you Think about Guns?

I assume most people on this forum are from a country that allows gun use. 

I never thought I'd like guns but after researching them and having weird stuff happen in my neighborhood, I actually find them really cool and helpful. 

I think it's great to know you can protect your family and yourself if something happens and the police don't come on time. 

But I know a lot of people don't like guns at all and some even want guns to be banned completely which I don't agree with. 

What are your thoughts?

♾️

I am not from a country where its legal, and i am extremely thankful for that. 99.9% of people here would think it insane for that to be changed. 

With over 300 million people in the US, there will always be people going crazy or who feels out of this world bad and resentful. Its absurd to me that people prefer people running around with guns.. what a nightmare. 

Fucking schools are having metal-detectors when entering.. mad-land!!!

If someone loses it here and wants to do something horrible, they might end up with a handgun with just a few shots. Not some super mass murderer weapon, whats the self-defense excuse for ever producing and selling that?

But its a different perspective i guess. Some people prefer that all countries have nukes, and some that they don't. Its doomed to go wrong at some point 100% if you have, and then its pretty fucking bad, like you see with all the schoolshootings etc. That won't ever stop. 

Skrmbillede2023-04-24kl_12_29_14.thumb.png.e6acd75845aff3d541641daec5f0d8f1.png

To me this is a nasty example of ice cold business. Nothing to do with anything but that. People caring for each-other would never want or allow this craziness. 

Edited by WhiteOwl

9 hours ago, Orb said:

@Mandy what does regulation mean for you? 

I'm fine with background checks and receiving basic education for gun safety.

But a lot of this comes down to personal responsibility. 

I would like to see automatics weapons be banned, a gun safety course requirement, background checks and strict laws for the resale of guns. My best friend growing up had a dad who was a gun enthusiast, he was constantly buying and selling guns, including automatic guns on craigslist as a hobby and to make some money. He was a good guy, but the ease with which he bought and sold them privately was scary. My friend followed in his footsteps, had a big, expensive gun collection and a couple years ago their house was robbed and all the guns were stolen.  God knows where they are and what they've accomplished since. 

Youtube Channel  

The US gun laws and gun culture is honestly insane.

Here in Finland you can own guns, like you can almost everywhere, but you need a real reason to get one, like a hobby or hunting etc.

You can't have a gun to "protect your family and property". That's ridiculous.

And you can't carry a gun around in downtown. You are required to have a special gun safety locker in your house. Can't have them loaded on your nightstand or hanging on a wall.

Like come on muricans, don't you have a mass shooting like every day? 🤦

Chill out with the guns. End the lobbying and propaganda.

There must be an effortless way.

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl said:

Skrmbillede2023-04-24kl_12_29_14.thumb.png.e6acd75845aff3d541641daec5f0d8f1.png

To me this is a nasty example of ice cold business. Nothing to do with anything but that. People caring for each-other would never want or allow this craziness. 

Like they were selling toys or something.

Honestly what comes to mind about this american gun nonsense is just childishness.

15 minutes ago, Orb said:

How is that ridiculous?  That's like the number 1 priority of every human being lol. 

For me that just shows very immature relationship to guns.

Even if it's for self-defense, you buy them with the intent to use as a weapon. To hurt or kill another human being. That just reeks of immaturity to me. As if it was not serious at all to use guns against fellow humans. IMO that's a very odd setting to buy a gun.

You would go to prison in Finland if you shot someone breaking in your house. That's over-defense. Just plain violence.

There is this weird me vs you setting in this self-defense argument. Like the community and fellow humans are seem as "outsiders". Something to assume you got to defend against. It sounds reslly odd to me. Maybe it's the individualism of american culture.

Edited by Blessed2

3 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Even if it's for self-defense, you buy them with the intent to use as a weapon. To hurt or kill another human being. That just reeks of immaturity to me. As if it was not serious at all to use guns against fellow humans. IMO that's a very odd setting to buy a gun.

Is it not at all weird to go to a gun store, hold them in your hand and think which one would be the best to use as a weapon against fellow humans?

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Blessed2 You haven't answered my question, how is it ridiculous to get a gun to protect yourself, your family, and your property? 

If i was going to protect myself in my house i would much rather have that neither me nor the robber had a gun than both of us. Lol. 
actually even if he had one i wouldnt want one either. I would just give my stuff. 

armed robberies are very, very rare here so its not an excuse that the robber will have a gun. Of course in some cases, but in those cases i wouldn’t want one myself.

allow tazers or something that works for self defense instead of something than can kill people in the street.

4 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

There is this weird me vs you setting in this self-defense argument. Like the community and fellow humans are seem as "outsiders". Something to assume you got to defend against. It sounds reslly odd to me. Maybe it's the individualism of american culture.

No offense, but I don't think you've ever been in a situation where someone tries to rob you or you feel like your life is in danger, all of the philosophical stuff you said would fly out the window in those situations.

♾️

6 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

actually even if he had one i wouldnt want one either. I would just give my stuff. 

It's not that simple man, a guy or group of people come to your house with guns and break in. You don't know what they want, they might kill you, they might hurt your family, they might steal your valuables. 

During those situations adrenaline spikes and you must act, you don't have the luxury of sitting comfortable talking about just giving an armed intruder your belongings.

But if you're fine with just letting them in then go ahead lol.

Edited by Orb

♾️

24 minutes ago, Orb said:

No offense, but I don't think you've ever been in a situation where someone tries to rob you or you feel like your life is in danger, all of the philosophical stuff you said would fly out the window in those situations.

But you go to a gun store, on a peaceful day, when no-one is robbing you, to buy a gun, to shoot at someone who might try to rob you in the future?

Where is the assumption that it's high enough probability to have your life threatened to carry a gun coming from?

How much armed robberies and random murder happen where you live?! Sell your guns and get the fuck out of there.

9 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

But you go to a gun store, on a peaceful day, when no-one is robbing you, to buy a gun, to shoot at someone who might try to rob you in the future?

It's just something useful to keep on you. Like I have a utility knife that I bring with me, doesn't mean I'm ever gonna use it but it's useful to have it with me if anything comes up. 

14 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Where is the assumption that it's high enough probability to have your life threatened to carry a gun coming from?

Again, it's just a useful thing to have on you. Doesn't mean I feel super threatened right now. It's just nice to know if shit goes down and the cops don't come in time I can handle it to the best of my ability.

18 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

How much armed robberies and random murder happen where you live?! Sell your guns and get the fuck out of there.

Again, it's just nice to have IF shit goes down one day.

♾️