What do you Think about Guns?

7 minutes ago, Orb said:

It's not that bad over here, like anywhere else as long as you don't live in the bad parts you'll be fine. 

People think it's America's like the wild west with people shooting guns all the time, this is far from the truth.

I know but the gun is more for personal empowerment. Who would ever mess with me again if I could just shoot them?

Yes I am aware that this probably is a mental heath issue on my part and that I should go to therapy. I'm working on it.

1 hour ago, Orb said:

It's not that bad over here, like anywhere else as long as you don't live in the bad parts you'll be fine. 

People think it's America's like the wild west with people shooting guns all the time, this is far from the truth.

2022: 693 mass shootings

2021: 614 mass shootings

2020: 611 mass shootings

Far from The Truth indeed. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/blog (Why School Shootings Continue To Occur)

🤍

Honestly, at this point if ever... Free mental health care and psychotherapy for literally everyone.

And a quality community-wide social support network and welfare.

Don't know what it's like in the US but here we have free social support centers and activities etc. if you fall behind. If someone for example, drops out of school or is unemployed or has mental health problems, there are support groups / rehab where you visit 2-5 days a week. You might just do art or hike in nature etc. This sort of service is a must. There has to be a place to hang out, connect with others, form relationships and stay in touch with the community. And try different things and hobbies etc.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

7 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Honestly, at this point if ever... Free mental health care and psychotherapy for literally everyone.

And a quality community-wide social support network and welfare.

Don't know what it's like in the US but here we have free social support centers and activities etc. if you fall behind. If someone for example, drops out of school or is unemployed or has mental health problems, there are support groups / rehab where you visit 2-5 days a week. You might just do art or hike in nature etc. This sort of service is a must. There has to be a place to hang out, connect with others, form relationships and stay in touch with the community.

Where you live is better than the US, by far, just for having that. 

2 hours ago, Orb said:

People think the wild west was the "wild west" because of movies.  The wild west was nothin' compared to now. 

9 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Aren't you the one who started this thread because you have a boner for guns? 

I started this thread bc I think guns are cool and I wanted to stimulate some discussion on this. 

But if there's a more functional societal system then I'm open to it. 

But can we please have lightsabers? 🙏

♾️

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

Be the change dude.  Live by the societal values you believe in, not the ones that are imposed on you. 

All values are imposed, there's no such thing as original values. 

I grew up in a republican household, then I lived with my dad and step mom who were left and opened up to leftist values, then got deep into leftist ideas and policies and began to recognize they tend to be equally dogmatic as the right. 

Now I play around with different ideas, I really consider what it'd be like if I had a gun or if i didn't or if I supported abortion or pro life. 

I lean more left and I'm living in florida surrounded by conservatives, I've met people who are geniuses who voted for trump, like actual scientists and software engineers. I've met good people who also happen to have guns and I would never have known if I didn't ask. 

It's not so black and white. 

Real life outside of media is mind boggling. 

♾️

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

Initially I was actually in full support of more gun restriction in this country but honestly I was just blindly following it, so I wanna see evidence, I want to actually know for myself what's a better system to live in.

You already know what your values are.  You'll find nothing on either side but propaganda.  There's no "objective" evidence for which "system" is "better".

51 minutes ago, Orb said:

Also, I did some research on Finland and it has a population of 5.6 million people, of course its gonna have "less" crime. America has 300+ million people lol.

You can compare the entire European Union with USA statistics. EU has a population of over 440 million.

There must be an effortless way.

46 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

If someone else with a gun is going to mess with me, better to have one then.

You having a gun means they are 10x more likely to shoot you.  If you didn't have a gun, you wouldn't be a  threat.  You are safer without one. Like attracts like, violence attracts violence. 

Edited by Jonas Long

3 hours ago, Orb said:

I'm living in florida

The odds of not becoming a victim of a violent crime in Florida are 99.5%.

Of not becoming a victim of a property crime (burglary) are 97.7%.

3 hours ago, Orb said:

surrounded by conservatives, I've met people who are geniuses who voted for trump, like actual scientists and software engineers. I've met good people

The odds of suffering via believing intelligence is an attribute of good & bad people is 100%. 

54 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

You having a gun means they are 10x more likely to shoot you.  If you didn't have a gun, you wouldn't be a  threat.  You are safer without one. Like attracts like, violence attracts violence. 

It's not really about me getting shot. It's about me being able to shoot anyone that messes with me. At least that's the subconscious thought process. Its about ego, masculinity and no longer being weak.

Btw these thoughts are from my repressed shadow side. I'm just writing them out to give you an idea of the gun owners mentality. I don't actually want to shoot people (most of the time 😈)