What do you Think about Guns?

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

The odds of a gun resolving the suffering of discordant beliefs, 0%. 

Only dumb people experience dumb people. 

Apparently.

It's just a tool to keep in your toolbelt. 

If someone crazy attacks you you have every right to defend yourself. 

♾️

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Then maybe you shouldn't use their images and words to represent yourself. 

One thing they both very clearly stand for is non violence.  

Non violence isn't very useful when someone breaks into your house and rapes your wife and kids. Sometimes violence is necessary and you gotta murk a mofo. This is one of the themes of the bhagavad gita. 

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Then maybe you shouldn't use their images and words to represent yourself. 

One thing they both very clearly stand for is non violence.  

I don't really care no offense. 🥴

All those ideas fly out the window when shit hits the fan. 

I remember when the riots broke out and 1000s of anti gun people were scrambling to get firearms 😄.

Edited by Orb

♾️

5 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

Non violence isn't very useful when someone breaks into your house and rapes your wife and kids. Sometimes violence is necessary and you gotta murk a mofo. This is one of the themes of the bhagavad gita. 

Agreed, I'd rather my family be safe than to let them get hurt so I can be proud of myself for being a good saint. 

♾️

6 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

That's not what the gita is about.  Read it again.  Also, leave your boy fantasies out of this please, or I'm leaving. 

8 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I know what you've shown and told me. 

I've essentially said that I think guns are cool (as in: the mechanics of them) and that I dont see anything wrong with getting a gun strictly for self defense.

Now you are projecting stuff on me, also I don't even know what Mala beads are, and I have no interest in being spiritual. 

Jesus and Buddha don't represent non violence. They represent whatever you think they represent, for me they represent the Truth. 

And I don't think so much about what pictures I use, that's such a stressful way to live, it's like you're so anal about looking proper all the time. You gave Phil shit for using the name Nahm, you gave Mandy shit for using the Mexican stand off analogy when Mexicans don't even give a shit about that lol.

Edited by Orb

♾️

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

It's an allegory.  You'd only think it's about that from the most superficial reading of it possible. 

Yes, its an allegory about following your dharma, even if it means violence.

The whole Bhagavad-Gita is pretty much an extensive discussion about why Arjuna is justified in being violent for self-defense. Just because you don't like violence doesn't change what the Gita is about. 

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Haven't you gotten anything from this?  You're putting your family more at risk by owning a gun. 

I just don't think that's true. I've known people who have families and own guns and they've been doing just fine.

♾️