Christian Non Duality Thread

On 12/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, Blessed2 said:

It's interesting how there isn't any 'direct' archaeological evidence of a historical Jesus.

All sources we have of him are only written text. Stories. Mentions. Refrences.

But no bones, no grave, no clothes.

Not saying there wasn't a guy.

There just is no evidence.

That's how badass he was. Not even a trace left. 😎😌

♾️

This ones good:

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. "

1 John 1:5

Can you get more straightforward than this? 

♾️

Hey @Phil, I'd love to hear your interpretation of this saying in the gospel of Thomas:

"If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a marvel of marvels. Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty."

♾️

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Orb

You first.

First, I would define the word marvel which is...: to feel surprise or wonder. 

I don't see any difference between the flesh and spirit, so it doesn't make sense how one is supposed to come into being from the other. 

♾️

@Orb

Exactly. 

My two cents… 

If infinite created or is creating finite, it (a finite body made of flesh) is a marvel of marvels (the most impressive marvelous artistry created or being created, in comparison to all of the other separate finite things created or being created).

Yet I (infinite being) marvel at how this great wealth (me / infinite / that there is no finite / separation, past or future - love) has come to dwell in this poverty (widespread ignorance / suffering / manipulation / deception / harming / abuse etc). 

Marvel of marvels (separation / plurality / multiplicity implied).

I marvel (me) at this great wealth (me). (Nondual.) 

It’s like saying what is most astounding is how the obviousness of ourself, love, heaven can be overlooked by that which is, being, or, creator-creating-creation. 

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Orb

Exactly. 

My two cents… 

If infinite created or is creating finite, it (a finite body made of flesh) is a marvel of marvels (the most impressive marvelous artistry created or being created, in comparison to all of the other separate finite things created or being created).

Yet I (infinite being) marvel at how this great wealth (me / infinite / that there is no finite / separation, past or future - love) has come to dwell in this poverty (widespread ignorance / suffering / manipulation / deception / harming / abuse etc). 

Marvel of marvels (separation / plurality / multiplicity implied).

I marvel (me) at this great wealth (me). (Nondual.) 

It’s like saying what is most astounding is how the obviousness of ourself, love, heaven can be overlooked by that which is, being, or, creator-creating-creating. 

That's good! ♾️

♾️

His followers said, "When will you appear to us and when shall we see you?"

Jesus said, "When you strip without being ashamed and you take your clothes and put them under your feet like little children and trample on them, then you will see the child of the living one and you will not be afraid."

-Saying 37 in the Gospel of Thomas (Jesus)

This one is really good. 

The clothes represent all of the discordant beliefs and trauma. When we strip those off and trample on them like little children (more and more innocence unveiled with each belief let go - hence - "like little children"), we see the child of the living one (Awareness / Wholeness). 

AND, you will not be afraid, how beautiful is that? 

Can all fear really fade away? What if the fear implied by thoughts is an illusion and fear isn't actually real?

♾️

1 hour ago, Phil said:

"Lucky is the lion that the human will eat, so that the lion becomes human. And foul is the human that the lion will eat, and the lion still will become human."

What do you think that means?

There must be an effortless way.

Christianity is actually very similar to Neo-Advaita.  Neo-Advaita was an interpretation of Sri Ramana Maharshi's teachings to accommodate the West.  I don't consider Maharshi to be Neo-Advaitan himself.   It's those that came after him that created the Neo-Advaita field of spirituality/religion.  They turned him into a kind of New Jesus.  Those connections aren't unwarranted as Maharshi valued a lot of the same instincts as Jesus like Love as being #1.  This is very different from Sri Adi Shankara who valued Jnana (higher knowledge) as #1.  Same pattern replicated but at a higher-consciousness plane.  But that's a plane not the top plane!  A higher plane always looks like nonsense to an even higher plane.  You solve one problem at one level, you create a new problem at a higher level, and on and on as the tortoises mount infinitely above you.  Growth is infinite.  If you're here, you can grow more.  Nobody figures everything out for everyone forever.  That should be obvious to everyone past a certain point on the path.  You don't even have your own stuff figured out, let alone figuring out stuff for someone else.  Think this one through! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Advaita
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._W._L._Poonja

Edited by Joseph Maynor