Christian Non Duality Thread

Due to my neighborhood being christian and all my family and friends having a Christian background, I decided to start praying and reading the Bible and immediately I've found some gems.

I want this thread to be centered around seeing the Non Dual Wisdom in the Bible and Christianity. 

I'm gonna start posting verses with my reflection on them. 

Share whatever you'd like.

♾️

One cool thing: it's commonly heard in Christian culture "I fear the lord", "the wise man fears the lord". 

I didn't resonate with the idea of being afraid of God. So I googled the Hebrew word for fear which is Yirah. 

The word "Yirah" has different meanings in Hebrew language, it also means Awe, Respect, Reverence.

So now when I read in the Bible and it mentions fearing God or being a God fearing man, I read " Be in Awe of the Lord! 

Be in Awe of this moment. The Awe-someness of This.

♾️

5 minutes ago, Cupcake said:

So you aren't a Christian? 

Honestly the idea of being something or not is so mind boggling right now that it breaks down before there's a chance to say if I'm something or not. 

But if I go to church and people think I'm Christian then sure they can call me that 😁. I'd say yes in interactions with people in real life just as a social conventions. 

But if you want an honest answer, idk.

♾️

8 minutes ago, Orb said:

Honestly the idea of being something or not is so mind boggling right now that it breaks down before there's a chance to say if I'm something or not. 

But if I go to church and people think I'm Christian then sure they can call me that 😁. I'd say yes in interactions with people in real life just as a social conventions. 

But if you want an honest answer, idk.

So what were you born as? Like. What is the religion of your parents or at birth? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

8 minutes ago, Cupcake said:

So what were you born as? Like. What is the religion of your parents or at birth? 

My parents at the time were into spirituality, my dad liked Satya Sai Baba (who I think was a conman lol) and my mom I'm not sure. 

I then went to catholic school when I was older so I'd say overall my background is abrahamic religions. But I've been exposed to eastern stuff too since childhood. 

♾️

19 minutes ago, Orb said:

My parents at the time were into spirituality, my dad liked Satya Sai Baba (who I think was a conman lol) and my mom I'm not sure. 

I then went to catholic school when I was older so I'd say overall my background is abrahamic religions. But I've been exposed to eastern stuff too since childhood. 

That's fascinating. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Read ACIM and it'll make so much more sense after that.

What does it say?

https://acim.org/acim/preface/what-it-says/en/s/43

Here's how I've come to understand it, in a nutshell:

In appearing as perfection you forgot your perfection and thought you split in two.

The belief that separation actually happened resulted in fear and guilt.

Because you believe there is separation, and fear & guilt is justified, you hide from it using projection.

You project images of separation, fear and guilt as a world, body and separate selves. "Things and stuff."

The belief that the split (separation) actually happened, is the ego. (Wrong mind)

The rememberance of your perfection is The Holy Spirit. (Right mind)

The Course aims in choosing the right mind.

👆 You know the story about Adam & Eve? 🤔 Eating from the tree of this and that?

👇

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 15:11-32&version=NIV

(Forget the last three paragraphs)

I also recommend reading a bit about the history of how christianity came to be. It's an interesting story and shows how little it really had to do with Jesus. It's mostly just some dudes completely missing the point. Read about what makes catholicism, orthodox church, lutheran church etc. different.

I recently bought this little book and it seems to be pretty good: https://www.penguinbookshop.com/book/9781611806908

There must be an effortless way.

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

"What is the biblical Hebrew word for sin?

In the Old Testament, the word for sin is “khata”, meaning “to fail” or “to miss the goal.” What is the goal? The answer comes on page one of the Bible, which says we are all made in the image of God. Every human is a sacred being who represents the creator and is worthy of respect."

https://feedtheneed.org

› tabletalk

Khata/Sin | Feed the Need | The Torah 

Sin is discordance?

Thanks for bringing this up, I'd say sin is another word for ignorance, which is inherently discordant.

♾️

8 hours ago, Phil said:

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

♥️

That's good 💙

The club really is exclusive lol.

♾️

On 7/29/2023 at 11:25 AM, Orb said:

Jesus said "When you see the one who was not born of woman, fall on your faces and worship. That is your father." 

🙏

This is one of my favourites:

“Whoever does not hate his father and his mother as I do will not be able to be a disciple of mine.
And whoever does not love his father and his mother as I do will not be able to be a disciple of mine.
For my mother who gave birth to me decieved me, but my true mother gave me life.”

There must be an effortless way.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalms 23