Christian Non Duality Thread

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient."

Ephesians 2:1-2

This scripture points very well to thought identification. The ruler of the kingdom of the air is the Devil or as we prefer to call it the separate self implied in thought.

He is the ruler of the air, thought is like air, it cannot be grabbed or "seen" yet it is perceived.  Although it isn't actually a he or it or anything, just a thought implying that there's a separate self. 

"he" is at work in those who are disobedient, those who dont listen to the guidance. 

Thought is like radio waves and us creators are antennas, there's no need to listen to the radio waves, we can if we want to. 

Thought is also not inherently evil. Thought can be very beautiful and angelic. 

In the drawings of the throne of heaven surrounded by angels, I suspect the angels represent thoughts that resonate and the throne is the Self. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity; I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13

Burst. Your. Bubbles. 🙏🏼

Very interesting. This is a paragraph from Quran:

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah”;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Indeed.

There must be an effortless way.

"If you become my disciples and pay attention to my sayings, these stones will serve you. For there are five trees in Paradise for you; they do not change, summer or winter, and their leaves do not fall. Whoever knows them will not taste death."

Gospel of Thomas

This one is good. Points directly to Feeling.

♾️

Pondered this before…. Came up with this…

The tree of the knowledge of good & evil.

Knowing good & bad is delusion, suffering. 

The tree of life. 

Allowing preferences to manifest is liberation from the tree of knowledge. 

The fig tree. 

A tree is known by the fruit it bares. 

Expecting a ‘tree’  (person) to acknowledge the first tree is utterly fruitless.

The burning bush. 

Be as the bush; on fire, yet no burn at all. 

(Aliveness  & Suffering). 

The Olive Tree.

In being as the tree of life, share the fruit of the tree readily, abundantly, and without contingency (unconditionally). 

And of course the mustard seed. 

(No one knows what a bush or tree is). 

Edited by Phil

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Pondered this before…. Came up with this…

The tree of the knowledge of good & evil.

Knowing good & bad is delusion, suffering. 

The tree of life. 

Allowing preferences to manifest is liberation from the tree of knowledge. 

The fig tree. 

A tree is known by the fruit it bares. 

Expecting a ‘tree’  (person) to acknowledge the first tree is utterly fruitless.

The burning bush. 

Be as the bush; on fire, yet no burn at all. 

(Aliveness  & Suffering). 

The Olive Tree.

In being as the tree of life, share the fruit of the tree readily, abundantly, and without contingency (unconditionally). 

And of course the mustard seed. 

(No one knows what a bush or tree is). 

Interesting, a bit like the 4 noble truths but a different flavor. 

♾️

"You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you."

In the book Disappearance of The Universe by Gary R. Renard it is said that Jesus said this when he was questioned about gnostic beliefs.

In gnosticism, it is believed that the material world (Samsara) is created by a "lesser god", and that to leave this world, one has to acquire "spiritual knowledge" (Gnosis).

That the material world is created by a "lesser god" makes sense in that if you 'look around', you see separation, lack, death, war etc. How could God, as Love, come up with this nonsense?

I think that Jesus was "getting it" in a sense that yeah, Samsara/separate selvery is nonsense. But... It is not real. How could separate selvery come from God, or what is not two? It can't! Therefore it already isn't true.

How can you "get out", or "leave" something that is not real? Something that is not there to begin with?

"Turn your other cheek also... Do not resist evil."

I think Jesus is saying that do not seek liberation. Do not seek the end of the illusion. For it is already just an illusion, not true.

"Turn your other cheek also."  Be "human". Project. Fall under. Let the seeking go. Let the 'trying to get there' go. Turn the other cheek. Double down on it! 😁

Truth is already the truth.

"Self cannot get out of self" - Paul Hedderman

Edited by Blessed2

It's interesting how there isn't any 'direct' archaeological evidence of a historical Jesus.

All sources we have of him are only written text. Stories. Mentions. Refrences.

But no bones, no grave, no clothes.

Not saying there wasn't a guy.

There just is no evidence.