Christian Non Duality Thread

Oh my God, light bulb moment:

You may commonly hear "Don't hate the person, hate the spirit". 

This is actually a really discordant way of saying acknowledge emotion and don't blame the person (whether it's yourself or another).

People didn't have the kind of understanding we have nowadays so back then emotion was interpreted as spirits/demonic forces.

"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places."

-Ephesians 6:12

Edited by Orb

♾️

After reading the Bible for sometime, I've come to see that's its just a collection of "channeled" messages. 

Which is why it can seem so discordant and backwards, because the messages also include the writers personal biases and BS beliefs.

Edited by Orb

♾️

17 hours ago, Orb said:

After reading the Bible for sometime, I've come to see that's its just a collection of "channeled" messages. 

Which is why it can seem so discordant and backwards, because the messages also include the writers personal biases and BS beliefs.

I agree.

How I see it:

The old testament is a metaphor of "how we got here", or suffering.

The genesis, Adam & Eve, eating from the tree etc, it's like a metaphor for how suffering is made. The ego.

What follows the genesis (in a history-narrative-sense) is the story of the ego. "Banishment from the paradise", judgemental, demanding god. Ego. That's the old testament.

The new testament is a bit more tricky. There seems to be a guy who was predicted. He was, but lots of that "old testament stuff" was/is projected on him.

He's saying: we are saved, for I am saved. It only seems like we were banished. But we never really were/are. This illusion follows from eating from the tree. God only seems to banish us, but really we banish ourselves.

That's the new testament. We are already saved, we were never condemned. It's just a belief. Jesus was/is saved, and so are you. That's the message.

What follows the four books about Jesus is a collection of writings from people who 'got the message' more or less. Some didn't quite get it, at all. For example, Paul. I think those writings are projection of the Old on the New.

There must be an effortless way.

18 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I agree.

How I see it:

The old testament is a metaphor of "how we got here", or suffering.

The genesis, Adam & Eve, eating from the tree etc, it's like a metaphor for how suffering is made. The ego.

What follows the genesis (in a history-narrative-sense) is the story of the ego. "Banishment from the paradise", judgemental, demanding god. Ego. That's the old testament.

The new testament is a bit more tricky. There seems to be a guy who was predicted. He was, but lots of that "old testament stuff" was/is projected on him.

He's saying: we are saved, for I am saved. It only seems like we were banished. But we never really were/are. This illusion follows from eating from the tree. God only seems to banish us, but really we banish ourselves.

That's the new testament. We are already saved, we were never condemned. It's just a belief. Jesus was/is saved, and so are you. That's the message.

What follows the four books about Jesus is a collection of writings from people who 'got the message' more or less. Some didn't quite get it, at all. For example, Paul. I think those writings are projection of the Old on the New.

I like your take on the old/new testaments. I think Jesus would face palm if he read Paul's books, but there are some parts that resonate.

♾️

Another light bulb moment: 

The abrahamic religions are an ancient form of inner child therapy. 

"Channeling" the voice of God and speaking beautiful words about yourself is reparenting the inner child. And also on top of that expressing Love .

Edited by Orb

♾️

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Matthew 6:6

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."

John 14:20 

"The kingdom of God is within you."

Luke 17:21

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Paul, Corinthians 13:4-7

13 hours ago, Orb said:

Another light bulb moment: 

The abrahamic religions are an ancient form of inner child therapy. 

"Channeling" the voice of God and speaking beautiful words about yourself is reparenting the inner child. And also on top of that expressing Love .

When we're small children like infants our parents represent the entire world in a way, universe really. I'd say"heavenly father" aspect definitely works as therapy or at least coping in that way.

Edited by Devin

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

When we're small children like infants our parents represent the entire world in a way, universe really. I'd say"heavenly father" aspect definitely works as therapy or at least coping in that way.

Yea man, especially taking into account how brutal life was compared to today, it was very much needed. 

♾️

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Matthew 6:6

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."

John 14:20 

"The kingdom of God is within you."

Luke 17:21

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Paul, Corinthians 13:4-7

The Corinthians verse is so good! 

♾️

Gospel of Thomas

Saying 3

(1) “If those who lead you say to you: ‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’ then the birds of the sky will precede you.

(2) If they say to you: ‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.

(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you and outside of you.”

(4) “When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.

(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty.”

Saying (113)

(1) His disciples said to him: “The kingdom — on what day will it come?”
(2) “It will not come by watching (and waiting for) it.
(3) They will not say: ‘Look, here!’ or ‘Look, there!’
(4) Rather, the kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and people do not see it.”