What is the optimal diet for human beings ?

As far as science can prove, what is the healthiest diet?

I understand their is quite a bit of controversy amongst nutritionist to this question, and that diets can vary from person to person based upon hereditary and medical issues. With that being said, as far as modern science/medicine can prove, what is the healthiest diet? I have read numerous articles on this subject ranging from the Atkins Diet to vegetarianism with only one thing in common, they all believe they provide the guidelines for the healthiest diet. 

The Mediterranean diet-

"

Although there are no strict rules or regulations for the diet, it typically encourages fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, and heart-healthy fats. Processed foods, added sugar, and refined grains should be restricted.

Numerous studies have now shown that the Mediterranean diet can promote weight loss and help prevent heart attacks, strokes, type 2 diabetes, and premature death.

For this reason, the Mediterranean diet is often recommended for those looking to improve their health and protect against chronic disease."

"

How to follow it'

Eat: vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, potatoes, whole grains, herbs, spices, fish, seafood, and extra virgin olive oil

Eat:  in moderation: poultry, eggs, cheese, and yogurt

Eat: rarely: red meat, sugar-sweetened beverages, added sugars, processed meat, refined grains, refined oils, and other highly processed foods."

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

Science can't prove or conclude very much on the subject when it gets to specifics. Just look at the variety of studies on eggs. It's experiential. Like Faith said, science and mostly history does show that the Mediterranean diet or those like it are on track, but that's very general advice. 

Youtube Channel  

@Someone here

It really is man.  I went through a phase where I’d make some pretty great dinners and then just not feel satisfied, and make a shake right after. Then I made both for a few days, then I didn’t even want the dinners. There’s just something about the nutrients in that mix that are more satisfying than taste is. It’s like a whole body-happy-buzz. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Faith @Mandy

So as a general rule I should avoid processed foods and eat things that are simple and don't have too many preservatives?

The bulk of the diet should be plant based? 

Yeah, that's a good way to go. 

Pay attention to how foods make you feel when you eat them. Eating clean for a while really tunes you in to this. Foods have different properties and people have different needs and sensitivities. As a general rule fresh fruits, veggies and herbs have the highest amount of healing properties for the lowest amount of drawbacks. For example, dairy might have good amounts of protein and calcium, but it results in pain when I eat it, both short term and long term. 

Youtube Channel  

@Phil how do you get enough calories by just having this shake all day? 

I've had the shake and it's like a healthy energy drink and feels great, but how can it be sustainable long term?

I've tried mixing it with peanut butter but I get this crazy reaction when I mix peanut butter with banana, like burning face and intense irritation and headache.

The average guy needs 2000 calories right? 

Women need 1500 calories on average.

I'd have to put a shitload of bananas in my shake 😄

Edited by Orb

♾️

58 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Someone here

It really is man.  I went through a phase where I’d make some pretty great dinners and then just not feel satisfied, and make a shake right after. Then I made both for a few days, then I didn’t even want the dinners. There’s just something about the nutrients in that mix that are more satisfying than taste is. It’s like a whole body-happy-buzz. 

Im gonna try it soon and report how I felt . Sounds very tasty and highly nutritious. 

1 hour ago, Orb said:

how do you get enough calories by just having this shake all day? 

It’s like the backbone or main staple of my diet. I don’t literally only have one loophole shake a day. Some days I do though, like a semi-fasting. Lately I have one first thing in the morning after some exercise and then another for dinner, and a protein bar (Zone Perfect, also choc & pb) or two in between, occasionally salad, fruits, nuts. Also, I don’t put any peanut butter in. Tastes good but I don’t care for the ‘sugar feel’ & inflammatory effects of it. 🫠

@Someone here

👍🏻

Lately I’ve been eating a carnivore based diet. It’s definitely strange because I feel like many people on the spiritual path gravitate to more vegetables and less meat. I stopped eating vegetables like 6 months ago and I haven’t missed them. My diet is mainly meat, rice, and tons of fruit and I feel great on this diet. I naturally seem to cut fat on this diet and building muscle is easier than ever. However, the main benefit is definitely mood. I think by cutting out processed sugars for the most part and cutting out bread and pasta I stopped feeling lethargic and low mood after eating.

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Also, I don’t put any peanut butter in. Tastes good but I don’t care for the ‘sugar feel’ & inflammatory effects of it. 🫠

Almond butter without sugar added might be a better sub. This one is pretty easy to find. https://www.target.com/p/maranatha-no-added-sugar-or-salt-no-stir-almond-butter-12oz/-/A-52112882

Youtube Channel  

12 hours ago, Mandy said:

Almond butter without sugar added might be a better sub. This one is pretty easy to find. https://www.target.com/p/maranatha-no-added-sugar-or-salt-no-stir-almond-butter-12oz/-/A-52112882

@Phil there's a lot of sugar-free peanut butters to buy.

Also it's possible to do home-made almond butter & peanut butter (or any other kind of seed/nut butter).

Almond butter is great for baking healthy brownies 😄

I recommend soaking all nuts, seeds, grains and legumes over night and wash off "anti-nutrients" (at least the soakable ones). It makes it much easier for the body to absorb the nutrients and easier to digest 😊

I'm very sensitive but I feel a difference right away when I eat soaked nuts/seeds. Mood-boosting.

If one wants to maximise nutrients even more I'd look up "sprouts". A lot of them are easy to sprout. I'm not a fan of the taste but it's super healthy.

I believe eating organic and wild food is the healthiest.

Edited by noomii

On 8/25/2022 at 4:50 PM, Phil said:

Damn, I really gotta try it. The problem though is that ordering it to finland is bit of a hassle. Shipping etc.

There must be an effortless way.