What’s The Most Convincing Aspect of Illusion?

That it seems to be encouraged and perpetuated by others.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Yes, extremely convincing. 

Also the belief that there is a world or anything even happening at all is rampant! But at the same time its not 😉

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

1 minute ago, Orb said:

Yes, extremely convincing. 

Also the belief that there is a world or anything even happening at all is rampant! But at the same time its not 😉

I wonder what mechanism lies underneath both happening simultaneously. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Just now, Reena said:

I wonder what mechanism lies underneath both happening simultaneously. 

It's like layers of beliefs like the layers in an onion. 

Basically the belief in identity, then the belief in others, then a belief that we are in something called a world/place/universe/etc.

It's insanity lol. 

1 minute ago, ivankiss said:

Familiarity. 

Perfect. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Desire is illusory as well. 

Desire/Want implies wanter and the wanted. 

It's not that we are freed from Desire. It's that Desire never existed in the first place. 

We mistake the Bliss of our True Nature for the thoughts arising about whats wanted. 

It's a bit mind-loopy. 

To be honest. 

The most convincing illusions are nightmares to me. I have them quite often and despite them being basically just in my head I sometimes wake up with full on panic attacks. They don’t last that long, but still, the fact that it even happens at all is fascinating.

For example. I just recently dreamed of getting shot and killed via gunshot to the chest. It felt so incredibly real

Edited by Marcel