Life Changing Money Insight

It finally dawned on me last night that your financial success has nothing to do with how much money youre making, but how youre spending the money you already have. Such a simple yet life changing insight. 

Another insight is the power of taking responsibility for your mistakes. Like just owning that you messed up. 

♾️

3 minutes ago, Mandy said:

What's financial success? How do I know what that is? 

I'd say when you feel peace about your finances. Not worrying about bills, having everything paid on time or even ahead of time. Success in this case is another word for flowing or aligned. 

If I'm making minimum wage but I got my bills paid off and I'm saving money too and it's growing, I'd call that financial success.

♾️

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

@Orb ❤️💪

I'm pretty excited. Definitely inspired by my gf. She makes money below the poverty line yet she has a shitload of money in her savings, she can move out of her parents house whenever she wants! She spent her money intelligently and intentionally.

It's so much easier than I thought. I can pay off bills ahead of time and then my next paycheck can go to other things. 

♾️

It does have to do with both, if you're gonna be making minimum wage you won't be able to save anything and you'll barely scrape by, unless someone else is paying close to 100% of your bills and utilities - that someone probably being your parents

On 3/21/2024 at 1:49 AM, Reborn2 said:

It does have to do with both, if you're gonna be making minimum wage you won't be able to save anything and you'll barely scrape by, unless someone else is paying close to 100% of your bills and utilities - that someone probably being your parents

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes both indeed. Might be a ‘pendulum swing’ to realize the one and discount the other. 

Good point. I am responsible now with the money I have to make more in the future.

♾️

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think the amount of money you have is linked to how industrious you are.  This means how much you get done.  

1 hour ago, Orb said:

I can agree with this. 

I'm not so sure.  Aren't the 1% pretty fucking non-industrious compared to the people who work for them getting paid in dirt?  

Edited by Jonas Long

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

I'm not so sure.  Aren't the 1% pretty fucking non-industrious compared to the people who work for them getting paid in dirt?  

I like to think it started off that way for them, even if it was with their ancestors. Someone had to get shit done for them to get to that level of wealth even if it was generations ago. 

It also takes a lot of financial literacy and "smarts" to get to that level of wealth.

♾️

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

I like to think it started off that way for them, even if it was with their ancestors. Someone had to get shit done for them to get to that level of wealth even if it was generations ago. 

It also takes a lot of financial literacy and "smarts" to get to that level of wealth.

Lol, like to think that all you want.  That's the lie of capitalism.   

Anyway, nothing really "gets done". 

Who was more industrious, slaves or their owner?  Who actually built this country and who gets the credit for it, and who holds the legacy and wealth that is the result of the actual getting done of the things? 

Edited by Jonas Long

Just now, Jonas Long said:

Interesting.  When you become in danger of going broke your attitude might change.  Wait until you have to start saving for retirement.

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Interesting.  When you become in danger of going broke your attitude might change.  Wait until you have to start saving for retirement.

I'm already broke lol.  It's not that interesting it's just true, industrious does not equate to having more money.  You don't need to kick a rock very far to find a million examples of this. 

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Who was more industrious, slaves or their owner?  Who actually built this country and who gets the credit for it, and who holds the legacy and wealth that is the result of the actual getting done of the things? 

Well I was just talking about working in a job and getting paid for your work, providing value to your company/business, etc.

I'm not talking about deep stuff like slavery or anything like that. I mean are you working on a field for no pay and getting lashed all day? If so it'd be a different story. 

Capitalism is great, I have friends thriving doing all kinds of stuff.

♾️

Just now, Orb said:

Well I was just talking about working in a job and getting paid for your work, providing value to your company/business, etc.

I'm not talking about deep stuff like slavery or anything like that. I mean are you working on a field for no pay and getting lashed all day? If so it'd be a different story. 

Capitalism is great, I have friends thriving doing all kinds of stuff.

Does industrious equal more money?  The obvious answer is a resounding "no", I'm sorry.  The two are pretty sadly unrelated.  Do you know anyone who's done fuck all and has more than someone who works their ass off?  If you don't, you need to get out more.  It's a nice bedtime story, but it's not true. 

18 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I'm already broke lol.  It's not that interesting it's just true, industrious does not equate to having more money.  You don't need to kick a rock very far to find a million examples of this. 

There are different ways to make more money, I'll grant you that.  But meditating all day every day is probably not going to make anyone a lot of money.  Industrious people don't always have a lot of money because they lose it in other ways like getting sued or gambling.

Edited by Joseph Maynor