Journals

Phil

Journals are great for expression, for emptying. Like really really really great! 

If you’re just repeating the same damn things everyday over & over and not so to speak, getting anywhere, for the sake of your sanity as it were - put your pride aside and make threads and ask questions! 

I don't think you should control people's lives and expression. Just saying. It doesn't look good on you.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

3 hours ago, Nadosa said:

I mean, why do you put so much emphasis on it ? 

To encourage asking questions. 

2 hours ago, Reena said:

I don't think you should control people's lives and expression. Just saying. It doesn't look good on you.

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Journals are great for expression, for emptying. Like really really really great! 

If you’re just repeating the same damn things everyday over & over and not so to speak, getting anywhere, for the sake of your sanity as it were - put your pride aside and make threads and ask questions! 

There’s nothing here about controlling peoples’ lives and expression.

Journals are GREAT - expression is really, really, really great. 

If you’ve been journaling for a month and aren’t awake as it were, that isn’t expression, it’s circular logic & rumination of conceptualizations.

You are the exception. 

You are not the exception. 

Employ courageousness.  

Ask. Questions. 

Feel emotions. 

Barf, Barf, Barf. 

Dispell beliefs. 

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

@PhilExpressing thoughts and emotions most of the time make me feel a lot “better” (‘going up the scale’).

But its like the same things are necessary to Express all the time. Same thoughts etc.

why is that?

Great question. 

It’s likely the two components of make me feel better and all the time.

It might be clarifying to frame the scale not as a tool for feeling better, but as a tool for expressing & thus unfettering the ‘cork’ that floats of its own accord. Put another way, happiness is the default. Reality. Being. Already the actuality. 

So the worthwhile question might then be, what thoughts, beliefs, interpretations or maybe even behaviors, actions, foods or substances are the adding of ‘the weight’? 

There’s unfettering, and there’s not stepping in the same hole, and therein there not being discord to express & unfetter of. 

The ‘hole’ might be anything from utter denial, a weekend binge, or even just one discordant self referential thought that seems to keep coming up like a plane looking to land. Expression is a shining the light on that, whatever that is. 

‘Ultimately’, the separate self of thoughts, and This being real as finite separate things, go hand & hand, part & parcel of appearance & illusion, and is fundamentally discordant and pointing directly to the reality of This / The true nature of. 

That clarifying / does a more specific question come up?

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

So the worthwhile question might then be, what thoughts, beliefs, interpretations or maybe even behaviors, actions, foods or substances are the adding of ‘the weight’? 

There’s unfettering, and there’s not stepping in the same hole, and therein there not being discord to express & unfetter of. 

The ‘hole’ might be anything from utter denial, a weekend binge, or even just one discordant self referential thought that seems to keep coming up like a plane looking to land. Expression is a shining the light on that, whatever that is. 

Well i did a weekend binge this weekend. Surfacing a lot of crap in the end of it that i still feel the vibration of what that brought. Its better now and i was in a very good place before and had a next level flowing night before taking it way too far. 

What i am left with is still the frustrating feeling that other "people" can make me feel insecurity, unworthiness etc (beliefs). Drugs/alcohol or not, thats bullshit. 

Some beliefs about it being possible to fail, or that there is pressure to be someone. I have something to live up to. Beliefs like that seems to ring very true for me.

I just kind of stepped in the hole and now i want to at least learn from the experience. Of course not stepping in the whole again would be great.

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

It’s likely the two components of make me feel better and all the time.

Is there a self who can feel better or worse

Does time exist

How to REALLY see through beliefs?

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl said:

Well i did a weekend binge this weekend. Surfacing a lot of crap in the end of it that i still feel the vibration of what that brought. Its better now and i was in a very good place before and had a next level flowing night before taking it way too far. 

If substances are involved, is ‘the high’ actually coming from substances?

Substances can sometimes be seen clearly as mental permission slips to ‘put down’ the discord of any beliefs momentarily.  

Are withdrawal symptoms experienced?

If so, is that muddying or clarifying? 

What i am left with is still the frustrating feeling that other "people" can make me feel insecurity, unworthiness etc (beliefs). Drugs/alcohol or not, thats bullshit. 

What about frustration, as how that thought / belief feels, and it not being related to people at all? 

Possible?

On the inverse… does good feeling / feeling good come from other people?

If it seems to, more specifically… how so?

Relating? Co-creating? Validation? Holding space for venting / complaining? (Not implying here, just asking for the sake of self-exploration). 

Does hopefulness, passion or enthusiasm seem to come from or be caused by people?

If yes how so?

If not, how so?

That might shed light on the source of emotions lower on the scale being related only to thoughts (guidance). 

Some beliefs about it being possible to fail, or that there is pressure to be someone. I have something to live up to. Beliefs like that seems to ring very true for me.

I just kind of stepped in the hole and now i want to at least learn from the experience. Of course not stepping in the whole again would be great.

What do thoughts / belief resonate or not - with? 

There’s the thought(s).

Emotions describe how thoughts feel. 

How does the me of “for me” fit in? 

What measure(s) is put in place so the same hole isn’t stepped in? 

Is there a self who can feel better or worse

No. Oneself is obscured by beliefs / conditioning… or unfettered of beliefs / conditioning. 

Feeling is incomparable as feeling is present-only. 

Does time exist

No. 

How to REALLY see through beliefs?

Explore direct experience. 

Question… is it perception - seen, heard? 

Is it sensation?

If not, it’s a belief. 

Is there genuine interest is what is absolutely true / The Truth? 

Is questioning beliefs believed to result in something personally beneficial? 

Question & challenge discordant thoughts & interpretations, dispelling assumptions. 

Take belief busting psychedelics instead of pleasure enhancing substances. 

Question what evidence there is for beliefs. Use Google & Gpt. 

Write a list of actions & behaviors experienced which are aversions from feeling emotions, and ‘sit with it’ instead. 

More specifically - question that you were born, that you are a knower that knows anything such as you are a person / people exist. 

Question duality. For example, that there is an understander & an understood, a perceiver & a perceived. Notice these are thoughts, which conceptualize perception & sensation. Then dig into the actuality of perception & sensation. 

Embrace uncertainty, humility, and emotional vulnerability. 

Diet, exercise & meditation are the fundamental trifecta of questioning beliefs. Getting those in order is all the difference in the world when it comes to clarity and seeing through beliefs. If it’s ‘an effort’, noticing the conceptualizing of direct experience / well-being. 

Explore IFS. Different approaches highlight, different approaches.  

Explore breathwork. It’s worthwhile, as it’s grounding and is a ‘go to’ as emptying occurs. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Substances can sometimes be seen clearly as mental permission slips to ‘put down’ the discord of any beliefs momentarily.  

This really resonates. I was just mentioning to someone in another thread that I can't "get drunk" anymore. I can drink alcohol and I can have too much to drive, but I'm never drunk. 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Might be worth looking into what is believed about drugs. 

Mushrooms and Ketamine are the only substances that are worth doing for anything. Rest just gives almost instant discordant feeling but with some belief slip maybe.

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Are withdrawal symptoms experienced?

Yes heavy. Not as in any desire/craving to take a drug again but more as in tiredness, changing moods etc etc. Also comes from the alcohol (almost worse actually).

I didn't do drugs for 2 month before, but if drunk it can still be hard to say no if chance comes.

5 hours ago, Phil said:
6 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

What about frustration, as how that thought / belief feels, and it not being related to people at all? 

Possible?

I feel doubt thats the only belief at play, but its worth looking at that one. If its that "quick" to pull the rug i hope so.

5 hours ago, Phil said:

On the inverse… does good feeling / feeling good come from other people?

If it seems to, more specifically… how so?

Relating? Co-creating? Validation? Holding space for venting / complaining?

Validation maybe rings most true of those. Connection also.

Post is long i just read, will continue the reply tomorrow. Really nice thank you🙏

On 3/19/2024 at 7:40 PM, Phil said:

Does hopefulness, passion or enthusiasm seem to come from or be caused by people?

If yes how so?

If not, how so?

That might shed light on the source of emotions lower on the scale being related only to thoughts (guidance). 

No. They seem to come from looking forward to some desire/goal. It could be something with others but not from them. 

Not sure what you mean it sheds light on? 

What do thoughts / belief resonate or not - with? 

There’s the thought(s).

Emotions describe how thoughts feel. 

How does the me of “for me” fit in? 

Doesn't fit at all. Its the opposite. Nice pointing.

Is there genuine interest is what is absolutely true / The Truth? 

Is questioning beliefs believed to result in something personally beneficial? 

More and more. 

Now there is no person to benefit, but yes that it will "help" in actualizing my dream of experiencing what i want. Girlfriend/Abundance etc etc

Take belief busting psychedelics instead of pleasure enhancing substances. 

Is Changa on your list? 5Meo and mushrooms been great so far. Aya also.

Really great list, much appreciated. Will go into that again.

Any breathwork recommendation?

59 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Not sure what you mean it sheds light on? 

Noticing that emotions higher on the scale aren’t coming from anyone may help with seeing the same for emotions lower on the scale. 

More and more. 

Now there is no person to benefit, but yes that it will "help" in actualizing my dream of experiencing what i want. Girlfriend/Abundance etc etc

I hear you on what it might help with, but what would be different such that it would help? What might it do, change, cause?

Is Changa on your list? 5Meo and mushrooms been great so far. Aya also.

Really great list, much appreciated. Will go into that again.

Thanks. I haven’t tried Changa. I’ll give it a google. 

Any breathwork recommendation?

Breathe from lowest in the stomach and not just the lungs, 24/7. 

Deep relaxation wise… big, slow, deep stomach breathes. Bigger & bigger, deeper & deeper, stretching everywhere around the stomach. Let the deep big stomach breath sink lower and lower, stretching the stomach bigger and bigger, and also expanding and therein stretching all the tiny tiny muscles that have never de-contracted before.