As I read the Bible I notice that there's one thing I can't seem to understand, it's Jesus. 

I don't understand why he is portrayed as the chosen one, or the idea that we can only be saved through him. Like is it metaphors?

As I commute with my Christian brothers and sisters, I want to better understand who Jesus is. People actually believe that he died for our sins and because of that sacrifice we all have access to the holy spirit and we have access to heaven. Sounds like a freakin movie script.

My girlfriend says that she can't fully trust me to lead us in this relationship since I haven't accepted Jesus as my savior. I made it clear that I don't want to idolize any self image yet I don't think this is clear for her. 

I do plan to guide her into doing self inquiry soon lol. 

♾️

21 minutes ago, Orb said:

I don't understand why he is portrayed as the chosen one, or the idea that we can only be saved through him. Like is it metaphors?

No, not really metaphors. As far as I see it.

Jesus was someone who was completely identified with Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit can be described similarly as "Guru" is described in India. Guru is not a person. Guru is the light that leads one back to Source. It might just je expressed through certain apparent body-personalities. It's also the light within you that you follow.

Jesus was entirely unified with Guru. Meaning, he only followed Guru / Holy Spirit. Hence "the chosen one / the saviour". He expressed only Holy Spirit.

It's "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to Father except through me."

Not "I am Jesus and Jesus is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to Father except through me, Jesus."

So who said "I am the way and the truth and the life"? The way, the truth and the life!

It's not that Jesus, the body/person was somehow more special. We will all eventually follow only Holy Spirit, and we will all be Christ.

Maybe Jesus just was the first one, dunno.

People actually believe that he died for our sins and because of that sacrifice we all have access to the holy spirit and we have access to heaven. Sounds like a freakin movie script.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either.

I bet Jesus would say that death is nothing, and his death meant nothing. Hence the resurrection.

My girlfriend says that she can't fully trust me to lead us in this relationship since I haven't accepted Jesus as my savior. I made it clear that I don't want to idolize any self image yet I don't think this is clear for her. 

Very interesting. You've got yourself quite a learning opportunity here.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

Jesus didn’t say through him, he said through Me. 

“Lean not unto thine own understanding”. 

It is a movie script, like ‘I don’t understand’ is a thought script, a narrative about a character or someone. 

What’s there to understand when Me is entrusted?

Is she saying she can’t trust you, or can’t trust Me?

Apparently she’s believing Jesus said ‘trust Jesus’, be led by Jesus… yet, is looking for you to lead her?

Doesn’t really pan out. 

What if the I referred to is the self image idolized?

How does Me fit into this I situation?

Just watched a film called Novitiate. It was good! Maybe some of ya'll would be interested. 

In a book I read it was said that ACIM was channeled in the 70s precisely because Vatican 2 had just come a bit earlier, and our collective would at that time be open enough to recieve a message of such uncompromising love.

There must be an effortless way.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:44 AM, Orb said:

As I read the Bible I notice that there's one thing I can't seem to understand, it's Jesus. 

As I commute with my Christian brothers and sisters, I want to better understand who Jesus is. People actually believe that he died for our sins and because of that sacrifice we all have access to the holy spirit and we have access to heaven. Sounds like a freakin movie script.

I do plan to guide her into doing self inquiry soon lol. 

Jesus was just an enlightened Being.   You are not less than Jesus.  Do not place your authority in "other".  Because  to do that is to get lost in a dream.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

What about Brad Pitt? Elvis? Marylin Monroe? As you believe yourself to be, so the world appears. There are winners and there are losers. Insecurity is the only security. The sheep rule the shepherd. I dolls, Barbie dolls, Jesus is like the Barbie Doll, blonde and blue eyed, paint me good, paint me bad, he'll be whatever you want him to be. I am whatever you think of me. One moment one way, one the next. Ah, creativity knows no bounds, yet seemingly creates them blindly. 

Youtube Channel  

On 1/16/2024 at 3:06 PM, Robed Mystic said:

Jesus was just an enlightened Being.   You are not less than Jesus.  Do not place your authority in "other".  Because  to do that is to get lost in a dream.  

I never was. Truthfully if you wanna zoom out aallllll the way and be obnoxious: there is no Jesus and never has been.

♾️

Jesus is an archetype of the Divine that also doesn't lose sight of the human, and then with a lean to the light side and somewhat of a lean toward the Feminine.  Jesus is a model.  He's a narrative.  But it's a narrative with a lot of self-help lessons to integrate.  But it's in the format of a religion too, but it doesn't have to be taken that way.  Jesus emerged at a time when Religion needed to integrate the human and the Feminine.  Then Christianity emerged around the archetype of Jesus.  In a way this was a systemic reaction to Judaism.  The Jewish God is much more Masculine.  That was not sustainable from the perspective of the Whole, so Christianity emerged to fill that vacuum at that time.  A lot of this has to do with the fact that owning one book at this time was often all the reading you did.  This was way before the Information Age.  If you think about it, the New Testament is basically a self-help book that comes with a spirituality.  It's gotta be condensed to narrative to keep the writing brief and to give pictures that paint 1000 words.  It's a very Stage Blue document actually that allowed people to have a social glue and set of social laws to be able to create communities.  Look at the advancement of Christian Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Jesus is an archetype of the Divine that also doesn't lose sight of the human, and then with a lean to the light side and somewhat of a lean toward the Feminine.  Jesus is a model.  He's a narrative.  But it's a narrative with a lot of self-help lessons to integrate.  But it's in the format of a religion too, but it doesn't have to be taken that way.  Jesus emerged at a time when Religion needed to integrate the human and the Feminine.  Then Christianity emerged around the archetype of Jesus.  In a way this was a systemic reaction to Judaism.  The Jewish God is much more Masculine.  That was not sustainable from the perspective of the Whole, so Christianity emerged to fill that vacuum at that time.  A lot of this has to do with the fact that owning one book at this time was often all the reading you did.  This was way before the Information Age.

Lol is that why 2000+ years of patriarchy was what followed? 

Edited by Jonas Long

One more thing about Jesus that I think is important.  He's not only an archetype, he's a fantasy person.  You can have a relationship with Jesus.  He's not just an archetype -- he's also given flesh and bones existence like a comic book character.  That makes him an idol that people can worship.  You can see the same thing with Hindus worshiping any number of idols or fantasy characters.  This becomes a ritual that one may integrate into their spiritual practice and worldview.  You can have a relationship with Jesus.  That's key.  Jesus is not entirely abstract.  He's put into human form.  This is one of the reasons Muslims don't like Christianity because they think the focus on turning Jesus into sensory or even imaginary existence (even in like a painting) takes attention away from his Father, God, or Allah.  In Islam, Jesus was not the son of God, but he was a key prophet of God. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Orb said:

I never was. Truthfully if you wanna zoom out aallllll the way and be obnoxious: there is no Jesus and never has been.

Yeah that's kind of scary , especially to Christians, when you zoom all the way out like that.  It's freaky as heck.  But so true. And yet if there was no Jesus there is no you.  So we do want to play by the rules.  Playing by the rules, he did exist - as a man.  And that man found God and then wanted to spread it to the world. Nothing wrong with that. 

36 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One more thing about Jesus that I think is important.  He's not only an archetype, he's a fantasy person.  You can have a relationship with Jesus.  He's not just an archetype -- he's also given flesh and bones existence like a comic book character.  That makes him an idol that people can worship.  You can see the same thing with Hindus worshiping any number of idols or fantasy characters.  This becomes a ritual that one may integrate into their spiritual practice and worldview.  You can have a relationship with Jesus.  That's key.  Jesus is not entirely abstract.  He's put into human form.  This is one of the reasons Muslims don't like Christianity because they think the focus on turning Jesus into sensory or even imaginary existence (even in like a painting) takes attention away from his Father, God, or Allah.  In Islam, Jesus was not the son of God, but he was a key prophet of God. 

I believe he was indeed a prophet - but do you see how silly it is to put your faith in him?  He's just another man, like you.  Afterall you are only a few years away from becoming a prophet yourself.  And then what?  Will you turn your attention from Jesus to you?