On Being Ugly

Blessed2

1 minute ago, Reena said:

If anything is real it's equally beautiful. Because it's raw, real. There is no prejudice in it. 

For example body hair. 

My now husband had a random out of place hair on his chest grow when he was 18 or something and I kept making fun of it, so he named it and said it was his friend, and then it was joined by hundreds of others. I don't even recognize Charlie anymore. It's basically the history of the human race. If there's one, there's many. I won't be naming any chin hairs that may arise, that's for sure. 

Youtube Channel  

Just now, Mandy said:

My now husband had a random out of place hair on his chest grow when he was 18 or something and I kept making fun of it, so he named it and said it was his friend, and then it was joined by hundreds of others. I don't even recognize Charlie anymore. It's basically the history of the human race. If there's one, there's many. I won't be naming any chin hairs that may arise, that's for sure. 

I hope he didn't name his head hairs. That would be too funny if he did. 🤣

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Do you see the suffering in the other? 

Hmm... I guess not. Cause it's "other". "Each other"??

Still have no idea what you're talking about. 😂😂 My face:

white-girl-confused.thumb.gif.a34877ccbd34be238da7fab415089872.gif

This randomly/suddenly came to mind. Last night I saw a weird dream that my parents bought this caravan "travel van", ya know? (Not sure what it's called in 'Murican.) Those vans that are really popular nowadays, social media people just traveling around with them.

When I saw it in the dream for the first time, it seemed like a normal-sized van. But when I walked inside, it was suddenly this huge ass living-space, like a two-bedroom apartment with two bathrooms. Like those tents in Harry Potter.

It was beautiful. It was like an entire holiday cottage thing on wheels, and you could ride it wherever you like. Felt really nice.

Total intuition just talking here, not sure if it has anything to do with it.

There must be an effortless way.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Artists also usually understand that "ugly" is interesting.   Like Frida Kahlo and her eyerbrow and facial hair which if anything she exaggerated in her self portraits.  I wonder what the key difference between Frida and the girl in the video would be, is it the artist thing?

That's a great point. I think if anything at all, art helps us to have a beautiful perspective. Whatchu think? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

16 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Oh yeah. Forgiveness!

Forgiveness usually assumes a personal grudge being let go, this is expanded in a way to seeing anything lacking in someone else, and it no longer being judged or seen on a felt level. Does that make sense? There's no one to forgive. 

18 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Though not sure what's the synchronicity here. 🤔

I wrote the post following it as a response to Reena at the same time you wrote what you expected from the thread. We were both discussing suffering. 

Youtube Channel  

47 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Forgiveness usually assumes a personal grudge being let go, this is expanded in a way to seeing anything lacking in someone else, and it no longer being judged or seen on a felt level. Does that make sense? There's no one to forgive. 

Yeah that's exactly what I mean 😁

48 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I wrote the post following it as a response to Reena at the same time you wrote what you expected from the thread. We were both discussing suffering. 

Oh 😁

There must be an effortless way.

Inner confidence and love of oneself goes a long way to influence how attractive you are perceived by others.  You gotta find that part of you that thinks you're the most beautiful thing in the entire world.  And then everything else is a kind of side commentary.  You don't want to be a narcissist though.  Just realize you're all you got and you're beautiful as you are.  The most beautiful in fact.  This is not hype.  I believe this.  I spent a lot of time entertaining the idea that something was wrong with me, and then I realized I'm the one who was born and I'm the one who is going to have to die, so how is it possible that anything could ever conceivably be more beautiful than me from my own perspective?  Crickets ...  Then I grokked it.  I guess this is part of learning to believe in yourself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor