On Being Ugly

Blessed2

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Is it any less hurtful to have you art criticized badly than it is your appearance, specifically an aspect of your appearance you choose, like a makeup or hair or clothing choice?  Isn't it all just esthetics?  Those who make and those who criticize or appreciate?

I don't think art is as personal as the self. So if someone criticized my art, I might want to improve it. If someone criticized my looks, I would take it personally. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

2 minutes ago, Reena said:

I don't think art is as personal as the self. So if someone criticized my art, I might want to improve it. If someone criticized my looks, I would take it personally. 

To me it's the same.  Either I wouldn't care because I like it, or it might mess with me.  But I don't draw a line between them.

I don't see anything in wanting to look good. I treat my own face as a canvas for art. I see makeup as art. And it's interesting. I never do makeup in front of others. So it's a misunderstanding that people do makeup for attention. Maybe they don't. It's a shallow projection.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

To me it's the same.  Either I wouldn't care because I like it, or it might mess with me.  But I don't draw a line between them.

Maybe you appreciate feedback 

A very prominent difference between Western and Eastern is  that I have observed is that we as Easterners treat beauty and art as a prize, as a creation to be appreciated and admired. If we see a beautiful woman we compliment her. If we see an unattractive woman, we still see beauty in her. We don't look down on beauty. 

Whereas western culture tends to commodify beauty. They think it's an ego thing. We think it's an aesthetic thing. I have seen disdain for beauty in western culture. They treat beauty as shallow and insignificant. We treat beauty as a thing to adore. Not look down upon. In a sense we aren't that negative. 

Edited by Reena

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

Oooo... that's it right there. "It's me." "It's who I am." It's the difference between suffering and consideration of what might be wanted. 

Well I guess it's natural to be offended by something personal. "me" is also a part of existence. One cannot eliminate all suffering. Then we wouldn't have human rights and legislations. 

Western standards for beauty are almost unrealistic. No wonder a lot of women there develop serious self esteem issues and they begin to internalize all the ugly shaming even when they aren't really ugly. It's sad.

1 minute ago, Reena said:

Western standards for beauty are almost unrealistic. No wonder a lot of women there develop serious self esteem issues and they begin to internalize all the ugly shaming even when they aren't really ugly. It's sad.

Didn't you just post this AI generated image?

14 minutes ago, Reena said:

For example, if I see a beautiful face, I see art in that face. 

88lpzg.jpg

There must be an effortless way.

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Didn't you just post this AI generated image?

A Lot of real people look exactly like that. You wanna come to an Indian jewelry store and see? There was nothing unrealistic about that picture. 

13 minutes ago, Reena said:

Well I guess it's natural to be offended by something personal. "me" is also a part of existence. One cannot eliminate all suffering. Then we wouldn't have human rights and legislations. 

There isn't a one, so one cannot eliminate it, but the one is the misunderstanding that when guidance of this misunderstanding is ignored it is then called suffering. 

Youtube Channel  

If anything is real it's equally beautiful. Because it's raw, real. There is no prejudice in it. 

For example body hair.