Feminism is bullshit, hypocrisy and double standards

Reena

1 minute ago, Reena said:

@Jonas Long are you going to give any evidence for calling my stuff the lowest common denominator. 

That's an opinion, and I didn't call you out specifically, and I admitted that thread was a mistake.

I thought you wouldn't take it personally anyway, per your "nerd" thread yesterday. 

Edited by Jonas Long

@Jonas Long I'm chill. But don't expect people to be totally neutral to you when you don't care to know what they are exactly trying to say, you're not a commander of free speech here. You are not some mafia that I need to be afraid of. You seem offended by literally everything under the sun. 

Keep a track on what you get offended by. It throttles genuine conversation and thought. Remember the only reason Western countries are so great is because of freedom of expression and now even that is being lynched.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Ummm... Yeah sure whatever, maybe some women use feminism and it's trend for selfish ends and maybe some women do think women should have more human value or something... But most do not. You can't paint the entire movement of feminism with a few examples like that. That's ridiculous.

There's plenty of feminists who also advocate for men's wellbeing and equality. Most women I know take it very seriously and they're hardcore feminists.

I think it's true that often men are a bit left out in feminist trends, and the experience of growing up & living as a man is not as deeply understood or recognized, but like @Jonas Long said, the movement constantly grows and self-corrects, and IMO we're already seeing this happen. Plenty of feminists are waking up to the man-side of the story. Similarly of how the LGBTQ+ community was "recognized" as a part of it.

Not far in the future I bet we will see very heart-warming, understanding and compassionate representation of cis het men & their experience in feminist art. Haven't seen it, but I've heard that the new Barbie movie might be an example of this.

For me it seems that feminism is quite rapidly moving away from relatively "simple" matters of the equality of men and women and forming a new (or deconstructing an old) paradigm of humanity, identity, gender, sexuality and ethics.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

11 minutes ago, Reena said:

@Jonas Long I'm chill. But don't expect people to be totally neutral to you when you don't care to know what they are exactly trying to say, you're not a commander of free speech here. You are not some mafia that I need to be afraid of. You seem offended by literally everything under the sun. 

Keep a track on what you get offended by. It throttles genuine conversation and thought. Remember the only reason Western countries are so great is because of freedom of expression and now even that is being lynched.

Were you trying to have a neutral discussion about feminism with the title you chose for this thread? 

Just now, Jonas Long said:

Were you trying to have a neutral discussion about feminism with the title you chose for this thread? 

I was talking about being neutral to you. People are going to have oppositional views. It takes bravery to do this. Try to be a bit chill. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

10 minutes ago, Reena said:

I was talking about being neutral to you. People are going to have oppositional views. It takes bravery to do this. Try to be a bit chill. 

What have I done besides express my own oppositional views? 

Have I accused you of not being a real woman? Of being a lesbian?  Of hating women?  Of not being able to understand discrimination? 

Edited by Jonas Long

14 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

What have I done besides express my own oppositional views? 

Have I accused you of not being a real woman? Of being a lesbian?  Of hating women?  Of not being able to understand discrimination? 

Let's stick to the discussion for a good solid minute. 

4 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

It used to be legal to rape your wife.  

Are you seriously living 1700s or something? Where do you even get this from? I don't even know of a single case where it's happened and I'm from the third world. 

14 minutes ago, Reena said:

I don't even know of a single case where it's happened and I'm from the third world. 

You haven't heard a single case exactly because it is not a "case" where you're from (most likely). It's not taken to the court. There is no media coverage because it's not taken to a court. It's regarded as normal, legal activity (and sometimes even regarded as a "duty" for a wife.) What "case" is there for you to hear?

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

19 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Screenshot_20231110-162950_Samsung Internet.jpg

Stop criminalizing men. You simply hate men. Men aren't monsters for god sake.. 

10 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

You haven't heard a single case exactly because it is not a "case" where you're from (most likely). It's not taken to the court. There is no media coverage because it's not taken to a court. It's regarded as normal, legal activity (and sometimes even regarded as a "duty" for a wife.) What "case" is there for you to hear?

It's women who are raping men these days 

Just now, Jonas Long said:

I DON'T HATE MEN 

I'm just showing you the law I referenced because you didn't believe me. 

Fiction versus reality.