My favourite Bible (Jesus specifically ) quotes

The kingdom of heaven is within you."
(Luke 17:21)

"You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."
(Matthew 5:38)

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?"
(Matthew 5:43)

"Don't worry about tomorrow. It will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
(Matthew 6:34)

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven."
(Luke 6:37)

"Do not judge, or you will be judged. For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
(Matthew 7:1)

Feel free to share yours 🙏 

It's interesting how lots of people think Jesus was special in that he was the one son of god, but really what "made" Jesus a son of God is that he saw everyone equally as children of God.

In Bible there's a part where someone says "I am the truth, the way and the life." Lots of religious folk interpret that as that Jesus is the truth, the way and the life and so you need to believe him and follow him.

But the saying is not "I am Jesus and Jesus is the truth, the way and the life."

It states that I am the truth, the way and the life. Not that I am Jesus.

There must be an effortless way.

27 minutes ago, Orb said:

We have a Christian non duality thread if you'd like to add some stuff there. 

In that thread just post the quotes, no arguments or anything like that if you'd like to add stuff, we've found many gems in scripture.

This is not a Bible's nonduality...if you read the  quotes ..it has nothing to do with nonduality..it's about being righteous and loving. 

17 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Now you know how Jesus must have felt. 

Watcha mean ?

@Someone here

What do you think Jesus would’ve said about labeling people as toxic?

Also just out of curiosity, what’s meant by ‘not a Bible’s nonduality’?

When Jesus said the kingdom of heaven is within you… do you think he meant somewhere inside the body, or more of a reference to the entirety of reality?

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

What do you think Jesus would’ve said about labeling people as toxic?

Oh well ..let's see ..love everyone and everything as yourself.  An enlightened being like him surely sees the whole of existence as himself. But you see I am NOT enlightened. I'm not worthy of a penny in the spiritual market .so I get frustrated sometimes..with stupidity. 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also just out of curiosity, what’s meant by ‘not a Bible’s nonduality’?

I mean this is not a thread where we quote statements that assert there is no separation aka nonduality from the Bible. 

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

When Jesus said the kingdom of heaven is within you… do you think he meant somewhere inside the body, or more of a reference to the entirety of reality?

He just means that happiness is not found in external conditions like wealth and whatnot . But the very essence of your being .

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But you see I am NOT enlightened.

You are. Truth is already true. You just don't recognize it. You don't "become" enlightened, just like truth doesn't become truth. That's why it's called "salvation".

See everyone else as already enlightened and you'll also be already enlightened.

We're all just reflections. There is only one dream and one dreamer. You get what you give. How you see others is how you see yourself. This is the meaning of:

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven."
(Luke 6:37)

"Do not judge, or you will be judged. For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
(Matthew 7:1)

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Oh well ..let's see ..love everyone and everything as yourself.  An enlightened being like him surely sees the whole of existence as himself. But you see I am NOT enlightened. I'm not worthy of a penny in the spiritual market .so I get frustrated sometimes..with stupidity. 

How do you know he was enlightened?

What’s that mean / how can you tell?

Is that based on direct experience, or more, somethings you’ve heard?

What makes him enlightened as compared to someone else?

Does it sound like Jesus’s experience was of stupid people & smart people, frustrated people and non-frustrated people… 

… or maybe more along the lines of ignorance, and ignorance dispelled? 

What if believing (and therein behaving & acting as if) there are enlightened beings & unenlightened beings, stupid people & smart people, frustrated people & non-frustrated people…  is the ignorance which can be dispelled? 

Isn’t frustration an emotion which anyone could experience?

How do you know you get it / that it’s about or descriptive of you?

Aren’t you experiencing it?

What if that’s like a clue, or a sign, in terms of how frustration feels… that there’s a discordant belief… and overlooking the clue or sign is the ignore-ance? 

Would that make sense?

I mean this is not a thread where we quote statements that assert there is no separation aka nonduality from the Bible. 

He just means that happiness is not found in external conditions like wealth and whatnot . But the very essence of your being .

If he meant the kingdom, as in reality / the world / universe is within you, are there still enlightened people and non-enlightened people? 

How do you know that non-separation is assertion, as opposed to separation being an assertion?

Woah what the heck, didn't I post something here? It just disappeared.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

@Phil I don't know how to answer that . I'm just a noob . I don't have all the answers.  But there is a good reason people consider Jesus..Mohammed..Buddha..Ramana etc to be enlightened.  You don't find a fucking moron believing that Donald Trump is super duper enlightened. 

@Blessed2 i don't feel like I'm enlightened. I don't have the answers to the big existential questions. So yes..let me not fool myself. 

20 minutes ago, Orb said:

Woah what the heck, didn't I post something here? It just disappeared.

Yeah, for some reason nobody has a problem with blatant homophobia, but mention Lots daughters in a Bible thread and you're scolded about paper plates or some bullshit. 

Maybe I should start a thread called "I hate Christians" since apparently that's cool here. 

Edited by Jonas Long

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

i don't feel like I'm enlightened. I don't have the answers to the big existential questions. So yes..let me not fool myself. 

Enlightenment points to what's prior to knowledge or having answers to philosophical questions. The questions are not answered, but the questioning itself is dissolved in what's already present, self-evident and obvious.

14 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Enlightenment points to what's prior to knowledge or having answers to philosophical questions. The questions are not answered, but the questioning itself is dissolved in what's already present, self-evident and obvious.

So how exactly are you coping or making peace with the fact that you gonna die someday ? It will happen.  It will happen to YOU! Aren't you puzzled by this ? Isn't existence mysterious fucking unexplainable miracle? 

Questions dont dissolve...they will chase after you your whole life . So you better spend your time and energy looking for answers instead of spiritually bypassing them .

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I don't know how to answer that . I'm just a noob . I don't have all the answers.  But there is a good reason people consider Jesus..Mohammed..Buddha..Ramana etc to be enlightened.  You don't find a fucking moron believing that Donald Trump is super duper enlightened. 

Interesting claims…

What does enlightenment have to do with knowing & not knowing?

With having or not having answers?

With other peoples’ reasons?

How do you know which are the ‘good reasons’, and which are the ‘bad reasons’?

How do you know you are wrong and other people are right?

If enlightenment is based on feeling enlightened, have you ever felt enlightened? If you haven’t, how could you base it on that?

How did you come to know all of this stuff?

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Interesting claims…

What does enlightenment have to do with knowing & not knowing?

With having or not having answers?

With other peoples’ reasons?

How do you know which are the ‘good reasons’, and which are the ‘bad reasons’?

How do you know you are wrong and other people are right?

If enlightenment is based on feeling enlightened, have you ever felt enlightened? If you haven’t, how could you base it on that?

How did you come to know all of this stuff?

In Infinite state I got insights.One of them was forgiveness and accepting everyone how they are.I also felt most authentic in my entire life free from all traumas and fears.