There's no Reason for Anyone to Like you

This liberating insight just dawned on me. 

No reason whatsoever for a man/woman to like you as a friend or be romantically interested. 

If a girls attracted to you, she's attracted to you, same vice versa. There's no reason that's just it plain and simple. 

It's not because you smell good, it's not because you acted a certain way, it's not because of how you look. 

No conditions, unconditional.

♾️

In a way it's true. But it's tough in real life. 

I was attracted to a guy last year and it was so instant. There was no reason why I liked him. When I told him that, he began showing interest in me as well. 

But there was a difference. My attraction was unconditional. His was not. 

Every day he would tell me things like "I like this about you," or "you're a perfect girlfriend." 

One day he lost interest in me and broke off. 

He didn't find the relationship perfect and so he wanted to end it. 

This is the problem. 

When you are attracted to someone unconditionally, it has to go both ways. If the other person likes you for reasons, they will also find reasons to leave you. 

It's painful but it's the truth. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

That's a condition though. 

Yup. The condition of unconditionality. 

Otherwise it doesn't blend. It's like you're trying to mix oil with water. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

9 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Can there be freedom from freedom? 

No idea how that would look like! 

11 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

In other words, can something be called "unconditional" if it hinges on one condition? 

But it can't be called a condition if the unconditionality needs an environment. Here it's not a condition within a condition. It's existential. If you asked me if water is pure, I would say yes. Yet if water is placed at an extremely high temperature, the boiling point, it will evaporate and simply stop existing. It will vaporize and it will disappear.

Although the purity of water did not change, but it no longer exists in its liquid form. 

Similarly unconditionality can exist of it's own volition and it is unconditional standalone, yet when put to test it can only exist if the environment is conducive that is the other person is unconditional too. This doesn't change its own property. Yet the relationship becomes dysfunctional. That is the purity of unconditionality is not in question. But it doesn't serve the purpose of a harmonious relationship. On the other hand, it becomes much more viable and functional if both parties like one another unconditionally. 

Edited by Reena

45 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Would you have been attracted if he was actually a she, a woman?

I'm heterosexual. That's my biology. 

On 10/22/2023 at 8:25 PM, Reena said:

But it can't be called a condition if the unconditionality needs an environment. Here it's not a condition within a condition. It's existential. If you asked me if water is pure, I would say yes. Yet if water is placed at an extremely high temperature, the boiling point, it will evaporate and simply stop existing. It will vaporize and it will disappear.

Although the purity of water did not change, but it no longer exists in its liquid form. 

Similarly unconditionality can exist of it's own volition and it is unconditional standalone, yet when put to test it can only exist if the environment is conducive that is the other person is unconditional too. This doesn't change its own property. Yet the relationship becomes dysfunctional. That is the purity of unconditionality is not in question. But it doesn't serve the purpose of a harmonious relationship. On the other hand, it becomes much more viable and functional if both parties like one another unconditionally. 

The conditon is that there are people. There is only an experience of the thought, ‘people’. 

Same for voilition, environment, and if the other person is unconditional. 

People aren’t unconditional. “People” is a condition. 

It’s not possible for people to like or love each other unconditionally. 

The condition is that there are people. 

Peace is great, but it isn’t absolutely satisfying. 

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household”

Jesus

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household”

Jesus

You know I heard a pastor use this scripture to justify battling against the other religions and to encourage divisiveness? lol 

♾️

On 10/22/2023 at 11:43 PM, Orb said:

This liberating insight just dawned on me. 

No reason whatsoever for a man/woman to like you as a friend or be romantically interested. 

If a girls attracted to you, she's attracted to you, same vice versa. There's no reason that's just it plain and simple. 

It's not because you smell good, it's not because you acted a certain way, it's not because of how you look. 

No conditions, unconditional.

I like going the other way.

Why wouldn't everyone want to love you?

Everyone wants to feel love!

😁

Everyone wants to fall in love with you... They just don't recognize it, because of innocent conditioning.

There must be an effortless way.