Can't stand this masculine/feminine stuff. It's just a bunch of expectations / thought-attachment. Who the fuck really even wants any of this?

I think this masc/fem stuff is really just a clouding / conditioning of what's really wanted and felt.

It's just best for the mind to shut up.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

5 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Can't stand this masculine/feminine stuff. It's just a bunch of expectations / thought-attachment. Who the fuck really even wants any of this?

The obsession with talking about what is masculine and what is feminine and referencing everything in those terms is a bizarre thing to me, something about these forums brought it out somehow, I guess?  Idk how it became such a trope. 

Edited by Jonas Long

4 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

It's only bad when you take it bad. Look at it from another perspective and you'll see the beauty in it. At the same time if something bothers you or hurts you, remove yourself from that perspective. The perspective is not bad. The attachment is. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

2 minutes ago, Reena said:

It's only bad when you take it bad. Look at it from another perspective and you'll see the beauty in it. At the same time if something bothers you or hurts you, remove yourself from that perspective. The perspective is not bad. The attachment is. 

Nobody sounded as upset about anything in this thread as you did.

6 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I think this masc/fem stuff is really just a clouding / conditioning of what's really wanted and felt.

It's not entirely either one. This is true only partially. Some part of it is biological. Some part is evolutionary. Some part is social conditioning. 

Biological - brain, gut, hormones, baby making 

Evolutionary - historical survival chip in the brain, a blueprint formed over time that creates a formula for survival 

Social conditioning - mostly bullshit and cultist but required for social order of family unit and procreation. 

Again everything ties into basic human survival and security. The human brain is part animal and part cognitive. In cognitive you can also include emotional. If you only focus on cognitive - emotional axis, you miss out on survival. If you only focus on survival axis, emotional needs are not met. 

The sweet spot is of balance between animal and human, between survival and cognition. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Nobody sounded as upset about anything in this thread as you did.

There were valid reasons to be upset. 

The masculine/feminine dichotomy is pretty straightforward: 

Women have different genitals and breasts. 

Men have different genitals.

They also have different hormone profiles, women have more estrogen and men have more testosterone.

These differences clearly impact decision making. 

Here's the thing, societys been getting a lot nicer and there's a lot more equality which is great, but i think it's taken a bit too far when literally everything is tried to be made completely equal with no differences. 

Isnt it a bit silly imo to pretend that men and women don't have differences in decision making, or that there aren't fundamental forces at work that influence how they express themselves differently like hormones?

What's the harm in acknowledging this?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

1 minute ago, Orb said:

They also have different hormone profiles, women have more estrogen and men have more testosterone.

Here's the thing, societys been getting a lot nicer and there's a lot more equality which is great, but i think it's taken a bit too far when literally everything is tried to be made completely equal with no differences. 

Isnt it a bit silly imo to pretend that men and women don't have differences in decision making, or that there aren't fundamental forces at work that influence how they express themselves differently like hormones?

I totally agree with this. I have this same line of thinking. I believe in the empowering based feminist principle yet the idea of pure equality seems a bit absurd to me. 

I am more like - "respect the differences too." 

I don't see any harm in saying that I'm not equal to a man. Yet it does not mean I'm less than him in any way. Just that I am unique and differently made and wish to be valued and respected for it.

I.just don't see the harm.

I will similarly value a man too for his own uniqueness and differences. 

Just now, Reena said:

I totally agree with this. I have this same line of thinking. I believe in the empowering based feminist principle yet the idea of pure equality seems a bit absurd to me. 

I am more like - "respect the differences too." 

I don't see any harm in saying that I'm not equal to a man. Yet it does not mean I'm less than him in any way. Just that I am unique and differently made and wish to be valued and respected for it.

I.just don't see the harm.

I will similarly value a man too for his own uniqueness and differences. 

Yes! Exactly! So refreshing to hear this from a woman 🫡

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

9 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

The obsession with talking about what is masculine and what is feminine and referencing everything in those terms is a bizarre thing to me, something about these forums brought it out somehow, I guess?  Idk how it became such a trope. 

Got an intuition that it might have something to do with doubt and insecurity etc.

Like intellectualizing about men, women and relationships rather than actually feeling the feels.

9 hours ago, Reena said:

It's not entirely either one. This is true only partially. Some part of it is biological. Some part is evolutionary. Some part is social conditioning. 

Biological - brain, gut, hormones, baby making 

Evolutionary - historical survival chip in the brain, a blueprint formed over time that creates a formula for survival 

Social conditioning - mostly bullshit and cultist but required for social order of family unit and procreation. 

Again everything ties into basic human survival and security. The human brain is part animal and part cognitive. In cognitive you can also include emotional. If you only focus on cognitive - emotional axis, you miss out on survival. If you only focus on survival axis, emotional needs are not met. 

The sweet spot is of balance between animal and human, between survival and cognition. 

I have no idea what this has to do with anything I said.

It just seems like you're coming up with narratives and ideological justifications (materialism) for the clouding / conditioning I talked about.

8 hours ago, Orb said:

Same here. Materialism. It's like the matrix.

The thoughts about there being men and women in a world doesn't even need to come up. It's really just a burden.

Edited by Blessed2

31 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I have no idea what this has to do with anything I said.

It just seems like you're coming up with narratives and ideological justifications (materialism) for the clouding / conditioning I talked about.

If you don't understand what I said, I've nothing more to add. 

45 minutes ago, Reena said:

If you don't understand what I said, I've nothing more to add. 

I very rarely understand what you say because it's like you don't even follow the conversation or read what is being said.

I was talking about the holding of the thoughts about masculine and feminine. Not some "objective" or biological 'source' of masculinity and femininity. That would be just more holding of thoughts about masculinity and femininity.

10 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I very rarely understand what you say because it's like you don't even follow the conversation or read what is being said.

I was talking about the holding of the thoughts about masculine and feminine. Not some "objective" or biological 'source' of masculinity and femininity. That would be just more holding of thoughts about masculinity and femininity.

That's the source. Nothing wrong with the source.