The Gateway, Teal Swan, and the message vs the teacher

Jonas Long

32 minutes ago, Loop said:

Yeah so, you can learn from anything/ anyone. When you are doing wildlife photography you don’t go straight up to the animals, let them do their thing, watch them.

Absolutely, yes. 🎯

"Singin' come out of things un said
Shoot an apple off my head
And a trouble that can't be named
A tiger's waiting to be tamed, singin'

You are
You are" -Coldplay

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Who is the subject of this reddit post truly concerning? 

What the poster is saying is very true about the advaita path in general, but I think rupert spira has actually mentioned the importance of deep work that goes beyond just recognizing I Am.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

11 minutes ago, Orb said:

What the poster is saying is very true about the advaita path in general, but I think rupert spira has actually mentioned the importance of deep work that goes beyond just recognizing I Am.

The poster is expressing the equivalent of "I've been aware that there's no time since I was 16, why are things still hard?" It's failing to really listen to or "catch" what the thought is claiming. Rather than coming close to home and seeing how the thoughts about separate selves and what they believe is happening the thoughts about separate selves and believed, hook, line and sinker. 

Youtube Channel  

12 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Right, so finite is illusory, no?

Might be more about seeing through / dispelling the (finite) knower as in there is a knower which knows there is finite, which then wants to know that finite is illusory. 

13 hours ago, Phil said:

If it’s not there there’s no appearance of it. 

1 hour ago, Jonas Long said:

Now of course she's popping up in my YouTube feed lol, any thoughts on this though?  Do women actually want to be owned?

In my experience yes. And men seem to too, whether employment or a leading wife. But owned by a loving owner.

Edited by Devin

Unintegrated early childhood trauma, when we didn’t get enough attention & love as a child.

So arises the desire to be owned, & raised up by a loving person. There is nothing wrong with this, but when it is unconscious it can make relationships co-depended or like a trauma bond.  When it is conscious, we can process it & grow up. Defiantly not an instant process, but anything else would be ignorance & suffering. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

4 minutes ago, Loop said:

Unintegrated early childhood trauma, when we didn’t get enough attention & love as a child.

Yes, and does this bring up the issue of someone with unintregated childhood trauma taking on the teacher role, spreading maybe "some truth" mixed in with some beliefs that are informed by their trauma? 

1 hour ago, Jonas Long said:

Now of course she's popping up in my YouTube feed lol, any thoughts on this though?  Do women actually want to be owned?

Polarizing language to get clicks and get people to listen closely. She's essentially describing a relationship with a man that sees a woman as his own being as himself. In that case who doesn't want that male or female? 

Youtube Channel