Struggling to Meditate

Celestial

@Celestial

Every thing is let go on the cushion, including self referential thoughts, or, thoughts about someone who struggles to meditate. 

When I would sit on the cushion it was never to meditate. It was to die. I was never coming back. There was nothing beyond sitting on the cushion, and there was no bullshitting about this. I would literally bring to mind thoughts like ‘well, it was great’, ‘had a lot of good times’, ‘what a great family that was’, ‘I had some really awesome friends’, ‘the concept of money was interesting’, ‘the whole food thingy was cool’, ‘desire was really neat’, ‘breathing was so convincing’. Sometimes I would cry because of the experience of loss, and then I would die, and there would literally be nothing. 

image.gif.f7435332d0d2cfa063fbe13c8d42f549.gif

Llllllllllliterally. 

On 4/24/2023 at 8:54 PM, Phil said:

@Celestial

Every thing is let go on the cushion, including self referential thoughts, or, thoughts about someone who struggles to meditate. 

When I would sit on the cushion it was never to meditate. It was to die. I was never coming back. There was nothing beyond sitting on the cushion, and there was no bullshitting about this. I would literally bring to mind thoughts like ‘well, it was great’, ‘had a lot of good times’, ‘what a great family that was’, ‘I had some really awesome friends’, ‘the concept of money was interesting’, ‘the whole food thingy was cool’, ‘desire was really neat’, ‘breathing was so convincing’. Sometimes I would cry because of the experience of loss, and then I would die, and there would literally be nothing. 

image.gif.f7435332d0d2cfa063fbe13c8d42f549.gif

Llllllllllliterally. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp’d towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

- William Shakespeare

There must be an effortless way.

What I like to do is exercise or dance or find some activity (that you enjoy) that helps keep you (mindful) which will help you rise to the correct state to be able to rest and meditate more easily and effectively afterwards. This is called (taking the path of least resistance).

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.