Reminder of Group Zoom Q&A Calls

Mid-month reminder… 

Q&A Zoom call’s this month (aka Satsangs) are Friday the 28th at 7pm eastern & Saturday the 29th at noon eastern. 

If you are interested and haven’t participated previously, just send me a pm with the email address you’d like the invite to come to. 

In case you haven’t attended one….

They’re free. 

They’re 90 minutes, but sometime run 2 hrs or more.

Any & all questions are welcomed. 

The Events link at the top of the forum converts the events to your local time zone.

Full (audio & video) engagement is suggested & appreciated, but not at all required. Feel free to hang out muted with the camera off if that’s more comfortable. 

That was a really great call, thank you very much to everyone who participated! 🤍

I wanted to mention, for anyone interested in tomorrow’s call… I’m now only recording video of myself. So if you ask questions or join in the conversation, only your voice will be recorded (anonymously), not your image / face / zoom name on video. So feel free to have your camera on and relax knowing you’re not being recorded. 

If anyone is interested in joining tomorrow’s call and hasn’t already received an invite, just send me a pm.

Also, if anything ‘clicks’, is helpful, useful or insightful from any of the calls… feel free to share it in this thread or make a new one!

Thanks!

On 8/26/2023 at 3:56 AM, Phil said:

I wanted to mention, for anyone interested in tomorrow’s call… I’m now only recording video of myself. So if you ask questions or join in the conversation, only your voice will be recorded (anonymously), not your image / face / zoom name on video. So feel free to have your camera on and relax knowing you’re not being recorded. 

Same this time?

Just another reminder… group zoom Q&A calls are tonight at 7eastern and tomorrow at noon eastern. Invites will be sent soon-ish. If you’d like to participate and haven’t before just pm me with what email to send the invite to. 

Also… you won’t be recorded video wise, only audio… and no question or topic is ‘off the table’.  🙂

Thanks! 

Highlights & perhaps a helpful reminder or recap from yesterday’s call…

Meditation came up, in that it “Makes me tired’. The benefits of daily, morning meditation and the acknowledgment of self referential thoughts as it realities to always-happiness-now was discussed. 

Seeing clearly and directly desire(s) are experiential and thus come & go. Happiness is not experiential and does not come and go. The key is seeing happiness is always prior to desire, in that happiness is neither created nor the result of any desire. Thought, and specifically thought attachment / the believing of thought, only makes it seem so.

Put another way, the key is acknowledging when it seems so, there is an experience of believing thoughts that it is so. As this is acknowledged happiness is again unfettered & realized to already have been present but was veiled by it’s own activity (believing self ref thought), and the ‘loop’ or ‘cycle’ of thought claiming happiness is post-desire is more clearly seen to be the activity of thought - and thus is dispelled. Suffering via misidentification / believing thoughts, vs liberation / noticing thoughts are being believed.

The subtly of believing self referential thoughts was more deeply, or simply, depending on how it’s ‘held’, explored via a specific thought as an example. “I’m tired”. The difference between “I’m tired”; a thought which claims this is known about Me, and the thought “tiredness is experienced”, or perhaps “the body is tired” - and the second self referential difference therein was discussed specifically in how this ‘links to’ or rather is the veiling of happiness / Me. It’s not that tiredness is never experienced - it’s that it’s experiential and not true about Me. More so; that there isn’t the second or separate self implied by the thought - the knower, which knows “I’m tired” to be true about Me. 

We discussed noticing the discord felt is not because “I’m tired and it’s a bummer”; but rather because a thought about Me, from the illusory perspective of Me being not Me, but a second self (‘the knower’) is what feels ‘off’. (Is what suffering is). 

We also discussed the healing & unifying practice which involves the vernacular of ‘parts of me’,  in comparison to the consideration that there are not parts of you, and more specifically, that this is already the case… and the thoughts (once again) only make it seems so. 

What was offered was a suggestion to consider more specifically what the “parts” referred to are. One consideration is that the ‘parts’ are essentially memories with discordant interpretation and therein emotions attached. Further, we discussed bringing any such memories to mind, and fully feeling whatever emotions arise, and how this is akin to looking in the closet to discover the relief of truth; that there never was a monster in the closet. 

A simple example in summery: studying. 

Acknowledging thoughts arising about happiness being at the end of a class. (Post, after, following, as a result or product of, or caused by -  finishing the class).

In acknowledging the activity of thought, and the separate “self” - the “self” of thought, in the future, who will be happier - is dispelled… simply for having willingly shined the light of Me upon it. 

The ever-presence of happiness is therein unfettered, and as presence, as happiness - the studying is not only more readily and easily enjoyed, but the retention and comprehension is bettered via the unfettering of the distraction of mentally ‘placing’ the happiness that is Me - post desire.