How do I get through this life?

I have a friend who works in the financial sector and he shared something which I thought was very interesting. He explained that he works with stocks, bonds, funds, cd’s, trusts, estates, fixed & variable annuities and even hedge funds and derivative options (calls, puts, forwards, futures, etc), real estate investments & start ups. But the interesting thing he shared was that when he meets with a customer, wether that customer is a natural person or a legal entity such as an LLC, S or C corp, limited or general partnership, institution, municipality or even a church or political campaign… though he is readily able & passionately interested in assisting that customer, natural or otherwise, in arriving at the most suitable investment strategies with respect to market considerations & taxation… there is one factor that trumps everything he knows, and everything he could possibly recommend. One single factor which is held far and above all other factors. 

Guess what that one factor is. 

I don't think this is about me being lazy per se.

I would not be lazy if I lived in a pre-historic tribal community etc. In fact in the right kind of enviroment I'm quite productive and active.

Searching for a job and having a job is very different in todays world.

It feels unnatural. There is so much bureaucracy etc. I feel threatened and insecure about it all. Literally anxious.

For example sick days. That you need to get some paper from a doctor to prove you're sick etc. That sort of shit is really stressful. It makes the working life seem unnatural.

And that you don't really personally know your boss, I feel insecure, socially anxious about that. It's not a warm social connection, it's cold. Like you're being evaluated.

And the money, income, taxes, etc. It's so complicated. Ungrounded. It feels like a tree without roots holding it firmly on the ground.

This is why I sometimes wish that there would be a zombie apocalypse or something 😂 

There must be an effortless way.

The discord might not be as related to the experience of that job as it seems. Discord reveals what’s wanted - more specifically. 

But the key is to focus on wanted. 

Be bold. Take risks. 

Use the scale for alignment with respect to insecurity. 

Inspect the thoughts with respect to threatened, anxious & socially anxious, with respect to self inquiry. 

Align thoughts with feeling; don’t expect feeling to align with thoughts / be willing to change how you’re thinking about these things. 

I’m not, btw just saying “get a job”… I’m saying all unwanted preference points to wanted preference. 

The scale & inspection essentially ‘clean that up’, sort of like brushing all the not-relevant thoughts, factors or aspects aside, leaving wanted, thus alignment, inspiration (happiness). 

You know your boss (and everyone else so to speak) to the same extent you’ve investigated yourself (limitation of language here). That’s also a ‘cleaning up’ ‘brushing away’. 

Money & income are basically synonymous, and for taxes there are tax preparers. Let it be simple & easy. 🙂 Allow the simplicity of This, ‘this moment only’. This is the whole, time is the activity of thought. Self-love is allowing yourself to enjoy This - unconditionally. (So to speak!) No one knows ‘how it’ll go’. ‘That’ can be ‘held’ as excitement & what you want unfolding… or as anxiety / social anxiety. 

Expecting the feeling of security to come from experience is very much like a tree with no roots… but… there is no tree with no roots. If there’s a tree - there are certainly roots. 

This is the zombie apocalypse brother. The matrix. That ‘cleaning up’ ‘brushing away’ is the ‘leaving’ of the zombie-ways, the conditioning, the horseshittery. 

You are the one. 

‘Getting through’, ‘escaping’, are not the way. 

Listening is the way. Clearing & brushing away the discord, the untruths of thought = listening, clarity. 

Synchronicity, magic, reality as it is, ensues. 

I like just writing stuff. It feels better to just write whatever without any restrictions, like I'm writing right now. Not anything special like poetry, improv or anything.

Today I got a bit excited cause I got an idea that doing calligraphy would be cool. Even got some creative ideas, and a thought that "I could make that into a carreer!". Though I haven't ever even tried calligraphy.

Maybe I'll try it, but it will probably just suck like every idea like that I get every now and then. It will not feel enjoyable and easy.

Writing like I'm writing now feels somewhat okay. There is a slight sense of emptying maybe. But it would be better to feel like this from some other way of expression, like music, poetry, painting etc. because that could be turned into something. Like a hobby or a carreer. But the sort of writing I'm doing now is just useless.

Such a "story of my life" kind of thing. Some other people have cool artistic thing or hobby they're truly passionate about and gifted in. So they have something to do, or even build a carreer on. But I don't have anything like that. I'm like a neutral grey. Nothing to sell, nothing to impress with. Some people are natural hammers, knives or pens that can be used to create something of value. I'm like a random rock on the ground. No particular shape or colour, just bare useless rock to do nothing with.

I don't even know if this kind of raw writing / thought journaling without any method, restriction or idea (an 'idea' like streaming, improv, poetry or the emotional scale has) is any useful in terms of emptying, alignment etc. It's way easier and enjoyable to do it this way, but is any good like that?

@Phil Is this sort of "just writing" any good for emptying, alignment etc? 

How is it even possible that the world is such that you can't just do what feels good? I mean you can but practically speaking no. And you just have to do what you don't want to do, just to make ends meet.

What the fuck is this shit? Why can't everything just be nice and fun and easy?

Edited by Blessed2

I saw a nice dream. I was at some school or something and we had like a class where we did stuff with horses like riding etc. I liked it and later I was super excited to have that class again. It felt so nice to find something I actually wanted to do.

10 hours ago, Mandy said:

How does one make ends meet in an infinity loop?

Gratitude? 🤔

10 hours ago, Mandy said:

What do you not want to do?

To wake up in the morning, feeling resistance and not wanting to go work somewhere I feel not joyful at.

To spend a lot of my time doing something I don't actually enjoy doing.

This is a good question. Thank you! I'll come back later to contemplate on it.

I almost quit my massage therapy studies but suddenly a few days before I was going to do it, I started feeling that maybe I'd like to still give it a try. Experienced grief & disappointment about the thought of quitting. So I will not quit. I'll continue with the studies after the summer.

There's nothing wrong with the school or massage therapy. What has been feeling off is my thoughts. I hope that I will be able to not buy into those thoughts in the future. Or, I am experiencing the emotion worry. I am experiencing the emotion doubt.

It was quite reassuring because my teacher said she would not like to see me go as she thinks I'm a good learner and gifted, even, in massage therapy.

It feels good to recieve massage. And it would feel good to be able to give it to others, cause I know how good it feels.

It would feel good to get the studies done. I'd feel good about myself.

Maybe it's really not about what you're doing, but what you think while your doing it. (Kinda).

There's nothing wrong with the school or massage therapy. What has been feeling off is my thoughts.

There's actually a great sense of freedom in acknowledging good feeling does not come from any thing. You're free to feel good "about" anything!

That's what I would call "Peace of God". Good feeling, inspiration, passion, joy not FROM anything. Nothing needs to change, you don't need to find an outside source of good feeling, passion or 'meaning'. Maybe it's the other way around. YOU put IN good feeling, passion and 'meaning'. 🥹

Makes me wonder if this is also what "love" really means, in regard to relationships. 🤔

There's a song I really like, a song that vibes with me in a very deep way. Takes me back to that feeling of magic, childhood, beauty... And meaning: 

In the lyrics there's one part that always kinda catches my ear when I listen to it.

Were you ever lost? Was she ever found?

Do you ever "find" someone special, or do you put special in? 🤔

How do I get through this life? -- Make a detailed plan.  Actually execute it.  You have to go on the mission impossible and want to win.  That's the trick.  If I could bottle how people could go about doing this in a one-size-fits-all, I would be the richest person in the world.  But as far as I can yell you have to rise to the occasion and make it happen at some point despite, but also in light of, the motivating factors at play.  It's like a game you can love to play.  Last time I said that people got offended though (one should not think of life as a game lol).  But I think that game idea is pretty accurate at least for me.  You're learning to love playing a certain game that you don't currently play and you appreciate and expect success at the game too, which is why you're playing the stupid game in the first place.

Edited by Joseph Maynor