Eat some magic mushrooms and listen to Rupert Spira while sitting in the dark for a few hours 🍄 😆 A profound experience awaits! But Phil's dead on. It's just an experience. Don't chase it afterward. Use the insights learned to deepen your understanding. I've found that psilocybin brings up some very intense and difficult emotional traumas from the past and can really aid in shadow work. Those not prepared for this have bad trips.

I have always been kind of drawn towards them and very curious. Done most "usual" psychadelics a good amount of times. They never changed my world around in the obvious sense as i was hoping for before hand. Almost always have kind of difficult experiences, not always, but close. Then after a while the craving of a new trip/experience comes back. But yes, they are worth exploring for sure, very interesting.

I've seen people make mistakes with psychedelics taking them way too seriously to the exclusion of other things.  I've done lots of psychedelics myself, but I would advise (take my personal opinion with a grain of salt too) don't narrow your mind too much with them.  Your imagination might run away from you and you'll later see the foolishness of your earlier ways.  It can become part of a seeking for a quick fix that isn't fully up to the task.   Psychedelics are sexy but oftentimes sexy is shallow and not retainable when  what you're looking for is wisdom at all times, even when sober.   I'm a fan of psychedelics on the path too though, but they need to be used and interpreted wisely.  I've seen people who have done a lot of psychedelics on the path who've changed/grown very little when it comes to embodiment.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Drugs are a piece of it, but without a sober mind too addictions keep you stuck in the child.  And that's not bad necessarily, it's just a piece/part of life.  You can spend hours high -- making faces at yourself in the mirror, but that ain't gonna pay your mortgage!  Being a kid is not the be all end all in life.  You also need to integrate the wise adult too.  If you want to.  It depends on what you're capable of and what is right for you.  But realize too that a lot of people are telling you what they think you want to hear not what is true.  And they're doing this to try to manipulate you -- because they don't want you to know who they really are.  And that gamesmanship is something you should just aim to stop doing.  It only goes so far, and is a phony growth for you and for others who you try to deceive.  And we all do this, but some do this moreso than others!  

Edited by Joseph Maynor