I did shrooms last night for the first time in a couple years.  It was so funny because I was eating them thinking they weren't legit and so I kept eating them and then whammo!  I got hit with the whole thing.  All I could so is say oh wow oh wow for which seemed like an eternity.  I definitely felt my body very thoroughly (like from the inside) and I feel like my body is cleaned out.  Cleaned out is how I feel.  I was past due for a psychedelic trip.  I probably ate like an eighth.  Shrooms are sneaky in how it takes a while for them to kick in.  I forgot that haha.  I got snuck up on.  Good productive trip with lots of insights too.  Most feeling insights.  Shrooms are very Feminine for psychedelics.  I prefer LSD which is more Masculine and cerebral.  Really I love both.  Both have been useful on my path.  I like how shrooms connect you with feeling, including a Feminine sort of love.  Great for Feminine development work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I'm waiting for @Mandyto do a youtube video on psychedelics.

I Think psychedelics can be a complementary approach on the path. I just finished watching Pollan's "How to Change Your Mind" Netflix documentary on psychedelics. His book by same name is excellent too.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha

I have taken alot of psychedelics, but I am beginning to take a critical look at them.  An experience can be very profound during a journey, but the next day it is just a memory.  What exactly are the long term benefits?  It would be interesting to have an honest discussion of this without all the hype.  That includes books which usually contain much hype to sell the book.  

@Telesio I agree. I think they have potential to heal trauma and free you from emotional baggage, but so can many other things, that is what i see as the long term benefit. But other than that its "just" another experience like anything else, which of course can be transforming, like other experiences also can. You can get good insights, but that again can happen all the time and for other reasons. Its not a magic cure that will give you all you want.

5 hours ago, Telesio said:

What exactly are the long term benefits?  It would be interesting to have an honest discussion of this without all the hype.

Seems like the long term benefits are what was lost or This without that, more so than anything gained, if that makes any sense. 

5 hours ago, Telesio said:

It would be interesting to have an honest discussion of this without all the hype.

+1

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

I think they have potential to heal trauma and free you from emotional baggage

+1

9 hours ago, Aware Wolf said:

I'm waiting for @Mandyto do a youtube video on psychedelics.

+1